Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

MANSFIELD wrote: »
    A man told me today that he recons when the milk quotas go next year , milk price will be 18 to 20 cent a litre. :eek:

How do u report a post!!!!

Mulumpy wrote: »
    ssshh we're not supposed to be talking down the milk price

Sure were ok now mulumphy,for a change were looking down on everyonelse rather than up at them re milk price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

Thats true the place was never going as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

A man told me today that he recons when the milk quotas go next year , milk price will be 18 to 20 cent a litre. :eek:

Does he have any cows to sell. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

mf240 wrote: »

There easily bought now. Price of top dairy stock is tanking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭MANSFIELD

mf240 wrote: »

Lol ,I don't know .I met him while I was at the dentist today. The pain from the toothache was nothing to the pain in the head I had after he said about his predicted milk price .

But at least the toothache is gone . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

No milk in Spain all maize. Must be savage money in it. Masseys and fendts everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

And he was such an expert at predicting the future of milk price because ..........???????

No milk in Spain all maize. Must be savage money in it. Masseys and fendts everywhere
    Thought the girlfriend was with you ,don't mind the masseuse and fendts!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Ha did you get this weeks lotto numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Lol ,I don't know .I met him while I was at the dentist today. The pain from the toothache was nothing to the pain in the head I had after he said about his predicted milk price .

But at least the toothache is gone . :)

Change dentist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

whelan2 wrote: »
    what are lakelands paying?
    35 cpl for august

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

First time in long time that my protein, butterfat and lactose higher and also cell count and tbc lower than creamery average for month (Lakeland). Be a while till happens again no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

DG holding at 35

40.1 cent per litre for August milk.3.91 fat and 3.68 protein.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

mahoney_j wrote: »
    40.1 cent per litre for August milk.3.91 fat and 3.68 protein.

wat was the base price

6480 wrote: »
    wat was the base price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Sorry about that guys. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭arctic8dave

Talking to milk manager this morning(DG) say 3 c/l drop for sept 32c/l. What he told me last month was wrong so hope he is dis month too
    also said there are around 100 lads n dg with quota s full today thought there would be more from what I hear locally as I know 4 guys who are full

I'd say enda Kenny calling to the plant at ten same time the milk price was decided helped keep It up last month, he wouldn't want to be associated with with a price drop

• Advertisement

Text from Coop.

September. 37cpl
    October. 35cpl
    November. 34.8cpl
    December. 34.5cpl

Base price, vat not included.

Dawggone wrote: »
    Text from Coop.

September. 37cpl
    October. 35cpl
    November. 34.8cpl
    December. 34.5cpl

Base price, vat not included.
    Thats a very good price compared to glanbia.
    Fonterra forcasting more price drops toi

Thats a very good price compared to glanbia.
    Fonterra forcasting more price drops toi

Are those guaranteed minimum prices plus vat dwag??.if so that's a very competitive price and u must be supplying a very strong coop.wouldnt it be great if Irish coops could price like that rather than us getting paid a month behind the whole time

Are those guaranteed minimum prices plus vat dwag??.if so that's a very competitive price and u must be supplying a very strong coop.wouldnt it be great if Irish coops could price like that rather than us getting paid a month behind the whole time

Yes guaranteed base price plus vat and its on an open ticket.
    I asked this somewhere before, how many times a month are you paid?

Just the once

Just the one,18 of every month.do the French coops know something we don't??.my coop currently paying a base of 35.87 vat inc which is the leading price in the country.that was for August milk.luckily we are producing a lot of casein at the moment and that is returning a stronger price than most other commodities at the moment.

Just the one,18 of every month.do the French coops know something we don't??.my coop currently paying a base of 35.87 vat inc which is the leading price in the country.that was for August milk.luckily we are producing a lot of casein at the moment and that is returning a stronger price than most other commodities at the moment.

I get paid on day 1, 11, and 20 of every month. That seems to be a weak enough price at the moment that you're getting.

What is your base bf and p ?

I get paid on day 1, 11, and 20 of every month. That seems to be a weak enough price at the moment that you're getting.

What is your base bf and p ?

3.3 p and 3.6 fat,I got40.1 with solids of 3.68 p and 3.92 (I think)fat

3.87p 4.4f and goy 41.5c last month

3.3 p and 3.6 fat,I got40.1 with solids of 3.68 p and 3.92 (I think)fat

Base is 3.2p and 3.6bf here.

Good protein there.

• Advertisement

Base is 3.2p and 3.6bf here.

Good protein there.

Interesting so what's the situation down your way that base price is currently so high and till December .is it to with product mix your coop is in??
    Been a savage few months her for milk,average 3.82 p and 4.20 fat for September And average yield of 23.6 Ltrs for sept.producing lots of white water!!!

Interesting so what's the situation down your way that base price is currently so high and till December .is it to with product mix your coop is in??
    Been a savage few months her for milk,average 3.82 p and 4.20 fat for September And average yield of 23.6 Ltrs for sept.producing lots of white water!!!

Whats base in arrabawn now? Think my milk is worth another 2c :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

As my neighbour said, my milk is only worth what the coop decide to pluck outta their arse.... and their arse is getting close to their heels

35.87 for August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

ye must have a very strong product mix
    does your coop sell branded products or business to business

The price has nothing to do with product to market.
    It's down to the fact that so many small producers are leaving dairy and there are three strong coop's aggressive for market share. Good opportunities here now as the society may not be ready for mega dairy but the market is.....

Cruising away at 34l here with 60 fresh calvers this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

Maize ready to harvest forecast poor on Friday but good on Saturday. Would it be ok to harvest after a wet day or would you need few days in a row to dry it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

sounds like what happened in Switzerland lads just kept getting out couldn make money kept gettin squeezed by processors, cant get ppl back into it now even wit one highest price in eu,

the outside farm u were on bout sounds more promising every comment u leave

over here they cant handle supplies so at peak waste good product(buttermilk in this day n age), sell to sister companies at set prices and all gets passed back to supplier,
    processors are saying not to spend much on expansion as they dnt want high milk price expectations from suppliers

think we should send our boards to france instead of america next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Dawg do ya mind sharing what your costs are at the minute?

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Dawg do ya mind sharing what your costs are at the minute?

Including wages and finance its 42cpl.
    Without wages its 28cpl.
    I must re calculate these figures as the price of feed has dropped significantly.
    I'm farming as a company. Land and buildings are in a holding company and rented to the dairy company. All feed etc likewise.
    SFP not included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

It seems the nz prices have taken a major blow, is it a warning to the rest of the world that a drop in price could be in the line of sight?

http://mobile.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.php?c_id=3&objectid=11334946

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Zr105 wrote: »
    It seems the nz prices have taken a major blow, is it a warning to the rest of the world that a drop in price could be in the line of sight?

http://mobile.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.php?c_id=3&objectid=11334946

apparently the price in Latvia is 17c/l

Including wages and finance its 42cpl.
    Without wages its 28cpl.
    I must re calculate these figures as the price of feed has dropped significantly.
    I'm farming as a company. Land and buildings are in a holding company and rented to the dairy company. All feed etc likewise.
    SFP not included.

How often a year do u calve dawg? If u calve all year round Would cutting back to two calving seasons allow u to reduce labour costs as less time spent with young calves and calving?

Milked out wrote: »
    How often a year do u calve dawg? If u calve all year round Would cutting back to two calving seasons allow u to reduce labour costs as less time spent with young calves and calving?

Calving ayr, but trying to bring it to two blocks just for the ease of it.
    Won't be cutting back on labour. All hands needed.
    Rearing calves is no work with the autofeeder. It's all the different age weanling that's a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

any word on september price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Not yet but 2c drop muted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Not yet but 2c drop muted

Still money left in the rob peter to pay paul fund ( whether it will cover the full 2 cent who knows).

Sub 30 before yr is out was quoted to me recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Still money left in the rob peter to pay paul fund ( whether it will cover the full 2 cent who knows).

I think most people are expecting 30 or sub 30 by year end. What happens after that os the concern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Can't see that find being touched till March, well I hope not as half used. Pity we didn't manage to get more into fund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Can't see that find being touched till March, well I hope not as half used. Pity we didn't manage to get more into fund.

What triggers money being put into this fund?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement