Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Can't see that find being touched till March, well I hope not as half used. Pity we didn't manage to get more into fund.

Does it not have to be used up by year end?
    Its based on 2013 production so even lads dried off are entitled to it (back) .
    What differ now or later .
    Its a cynical accounting excrcise anyway . Leading the price drop as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Does it not have to be used up by year end?
    Its based on 2013 production so even lads dried off are entitled to it (back) .
    What differ now or later .
    Its a cynical accounting excrcise anyway . Leading the price drop as usual.

With your fixed position there's no point explaining further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Ahh hear. Explain away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Not yet but 2c drop muted

What is base price from Glanbia ? Not inc vat.

Had a little (pre) meeting with Coop today and they are bullish enough for next spring.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Dawggone wrote: »

Had a little (pre) meeting with Coop today and they are bullish enough for next spring.....

Finally a bit of positivity,what's he basing it on dwag

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Finally a bit of positivity,what's he basing it on dwag

China, funny enough.
    He reckons that the Chinese have a stockpile that needs to be washed out and that price should harden by Q2 next year. I'm not saying that he's Warren Buffet but they have very close links with China after some heavy Chinese investment here.

My Coop seem to be quite bullish about price, but then again they would be when they are 17.4% under quota ....

China, funny enough.
    He reckons that the Chinese have a stockpile that needs to be washed out and that price should harden by Q2 next year. I'm not saying that he's Warren Buffet but they have very close links with China after some heavy Chinese investment here.

My Coop seem to be quite bullish about price, but then again they would be when they are 17.4% under quota ....

I was talking to 1 guy in particular recently and he is of the same opinion as your guy about China.he reckons by mid summer next year we should be seeing good signs of market recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭mf240

What triggers money being put into this fund?

Suppliers leaving for the north seemed to trigger it. The magically found the price of bellview down the back of a couch at the same time.

Its five millinion, the 2 cent in aug will have made a fair hole in it.

Explain it to the rest of the class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

China, funny enough.
    He reckons that the Chinese have a stockpile that needs to be washed out and that price should harden by Q2 next year.

Have heard a similar view from further afield, I don't think China will stand back much longer than the middle of next year.

Whether that is enough to put a floor in the price? Hopefully.

I gather there is a fair amount being diverted to powder outside Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

And russia. The people there will only go with basics forvso long before they get fed up.
    I would have thought china would start buying soon again. Was last winter they boughy all the stock

And russia. The people there will only go with basics forvso long before they get fed up.
    I would have thought china would start buying soon again. Was last winter they boughy all the stock

The thing about Russia or more importantly Putin is he is dosnt give 2 hoots about his own people,ruthless fooker.

The thing about Russia or more importantly Putin is he is dosnt give 2 hoots about his own people,ruthless fooker.

Id ask sister about what she makes of the milk situation and russia only I dont want another hour long debate on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Id ask sister about what she makes of the milk situation and russia only I dont want another hour long debate on it

I have one of them as well.

31.43 ex vat was Aug price at 3.6 and 3.3

Does your coop do individual deals with suppliers?

My view is that we're in for a rough ride till May/June. Any one in Cat 1 > 70k litres and over quota are being deducted as of now. <70k are being allowed 25k extra before deduction. I'd say that SL is a bigger worry in these situations. A fine and low price in Spring will do a lot of harm. Be careful and do your budgets. That said I find the figures country wide hard to accept, showing country so far over, a bit of wolf crying, perhaps with an end goal in sight?

This has to be the perfect 18 mts of milk production world wife. There's usually some weather event in some corner that's holding back milk supply, not do at the moment. The only area where milk price is holding is the US and this coupled with low grain price will only drive production. All of Northern EU and NZ/Aus have had a perfect milk season.

There's a view that China over imported and may be in fact exporting stockpiled product. This view could have credence as Russia's alliances seem to be leaning that way.

The growth figure of 2% in demand still stands and Chinas shifting of product will bring balance, when nobody can say. The drop in price about to hit US will also have a huge effect. They came back into production a lot slower than expected as they probably over culled when grain was high.

I'd say never take any high or low price as your benchmark rather take a three year average as your price and budget based on that.

Then again I could be as wrong as phuck

My view is that we're in for a rough ride till May/June. Any one in Cat 1 > 70k litres and over quota are being deducted as of now. <70k are being allowed 25k extra before deduction. I'd say that SL is a bigger worry in these situations. A fine and low price in Spring will do a lot of harm. Be careful and do your budgets. That said I find the figures country wide hard to accept, showing country so far over, a bit of wolf crying, perhaps with an end goal in sight?

This has to be the perfect 18 mts of milk production world wife. There's usually some weather event in some corner that's holding back milk supply, not do at the moment. The only area where milk price is holding is the US and this coupled with low grain price will only drive production. All of Northern EU and NZ/Aus have had a perfect milk season.

There's a view that China over imported and may be in fact exporting stockpiled product. This view could have credence as Russia's alliances seem to be leaning that way.

The growth figure of 2% in demand still stands and Chinas shifting of product will bring balance, when nobody can say. The drop in price about to hit US will also have a huge effect. They came back into production a lot slower than expected as they probably over culled when grain was high.

I'd say never take any high or low price as your benchmark rather take a three year average as your price and budget based on that.

Then again I could be as wrong as phuck
    Excelent post ,As regards irelands levy position,Id say quoted figures arent far off the mark.As you said were after having a near perfect 18 months for grass based milk production which suits us as well as very high prices.From talking to lads locally and milk manager in coop a lot seem to be living in some hope that there will be some divine intervention from somewhere to reduce levy.It was well worth a punt last year but not in any way this year with decreasing prices and a massive surge in production month on month since april.a sub 30 milk price next spring on top of levy will make for a very depressing bunch of dairy farmers.I know weve known quotas were going on 31 march 2015 for a long time but how in the hell nothing was ever done to soften the blow this year is beyond me.we are expected to calve cows and keep one foot on the brake next spring untill 23.59 on 31 march and 2 minutes later just let it off,crazy ****e.I do have a sneaky feeling though that something will happen on the butterfat co efficent but nothing will be announced till april 15

Excelent post ,As regards irelands levy position,Id say quoted figures arent far off the mark.As you said were after having a near perfect 18 months for grass based milk production which suits us as well as very high prices.From talking to lads locally and milk manager in coop a lot seem to be living in some hope that there will be some divine intervention from somewhere to reduce levy.It was well worth a punt last year but not in any way this year with decreasing prices and a massive surge in production month on month since april.a sub 30 milk price next spring on top of levy will make for a very depressing bunch of dairy farmers.I know weve known quotas were going on 31 march 2015 for a long time but how in the hell nothing was ever done to soften the blow this year is beyond me.we are expected to calve cows and keep one foot on the brake next spring untill 23.59 on 31 march and 2 minutes later just let it off,crazy ****e.I do have a sneaky feeling though that something will happen on the butterfat co efficent but nothing will be announced till april 15

If any things going to be done it'll be a processors level locally. No matter what's done the fine WILL be paid and the farmer will foot bill. I may be put out over a period but I'd be making no decisions based on that hope.

I'm not too sure if a soft landing could've been achieved at any stage but in any event the arrogance of our previous government put paid to any friendships we may have had in Europe. Blowing about being the most wealthy in Europe and ministers displaying arrogance befitting Russian Oligarchs all the borrowing like the Argentinian government from the French and Germans. They sat back laughed and flung the money knowing that it would end in tears

So I'd say soft landing out of the question

31.43 ex vat was Aug price at 3.6 and 3.3

Does your coop do individual deals with suppliers?

Got 42.4cpl in August here but was a rob Peter to pay Paul exercise. They give a bonus of 2cpl for August as the farmers like to take that month off.

Individual deals - good question.
    I'm talking to a couple of Coop's ATM as I'm taking on another few acres 80 miles away and there is a dairy yard on it that has been unproductive for three years.
    Things are being hinted...but it's early stages yet. Straight answer is I don't know.

• Advertisement

Got 42.4cpl in August here but was a rob Peter to pay Paul exercise. They give a bonus of 2cpl for August as the farmers like to take that month off.

Individual deals - good question.
    I'm talking to a couple of Coop's ATM as I'm taking on another few acres 80 miles away and there is a dairy yard on it that has been unproductive for three years.
    Things are being hinted...but it's early stages yet. Straight answer is I don't know.

42.4 base price? A full 10c more than us

42.4 base price? A full 10c more than us

Not quite. 40.4cpl plus the 2cpl August bonus.

Did you add anything with solids

Did you add anything with solids

Not much :):)
    White water supplier I'm afraid.

Do you see Aug bonus as mechanism to keep price down or as bonus paid from co-op:)

Do you see Aug bonus as mechanism to keep price down or as bonus paid from co-op:)

:).

• Advertisement

Do you mean did they cut the base by 2 cent at the same time as giving a 2cent bonus.

Come on now frazzled you cant just dismiss everyone as a cynic for pointing out the blatantly obvious.

mf240 wrote: »
    Do you mean did they cut the base by 2 cent at the same time as giving a 2cent bonus.

Come on now frazzled you cant just dismiss everyone as a cynic for pointing out the blatantly obvious.

That statement is wrong, simple! The first part:)
    When was find established? That's the question? I for 1 am glad it'd there and that there's 2.5 million left in it. It will be needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

just something to keep in mind,i heard yesterday that the average milk price over the last seven years is 31 cent a litre so while 39 cent was nice while it lasted the truth is the market value of milk is lower and i suggest that somewhere in the region of 31 going foward will still be the average.that said its not the price is important as much as the margin and unfortunatly i suspect there has been a steady contraction with the last ten years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

keep going wrote: »
    just something to keep in mind,i heard yesterday that the average milk price over the last seven years is 31 cent a litre so while 39 cent was nice while it lasted the truth is the market value of milk is lower and i suggest that somewhere in the region of 31 going foward will still be the average.that said its not the price is important as much as the margin and unfortunatly i suspect there has been a steady contraction with the last ten years

Hmmmmm but costs have rocketed in them 7yrs.

30.5c/l for September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

30.5c/l for September

I didn't get any text

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

stanflt wrote: »
    I didn't get any text
    i got one saying 35cpl for september ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan2 wrote: »
    i got one saying 35cpl for september ;)

I do enjoy a good nights sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Got the text from Glanbia.

I suspect the top people at Glanbia are not taking a similar wage reduction to reflect the market, given they have not got a market for the milk to keep the price up.

4 cent cut. Thats nasty.

Down from 33 plus 2 to 30.05 plus .5

O well best keep plugging away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

How low will it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

How low will it go?

Who knows, they better find markets for when quotas go.

Glanbia better pass the proposed 0.5cpl on all 2014 milk, to keep the people who do the hardest work a bit happier...

How low will it go?

20 cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

mf240 wrote: »
    4 cent cut. Thats nasty.

Down from 33 plus 2 to 30.05 plus .5

O well best keep plugging away.

That's a huge cut in one month. I bet u'll never see it rise 4 cent in one month

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

GII reduced Sept manuf milk price by 2.5cpl. Co-op proposing to pay a 0.5cpl bonus on 2014 milk supplies (Man & Liq) to Co-op members to offset market decline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wats the craic

glanbia showing their true colours alrite . best product mix in the country yet they are worst payers in the country . i am glad i got away when i did .. sorry for the good farmers who supply them

RobertKK wrote: »
    Who knows, they better find markets for when quotas go.

Glanbia better pass the proposed 0.5cpl on all 2014 milk, to keep the people who do the hardest work a bit happier...

The .05c payout on 2014 supply is up to co-op members to decide. There'll need to be a SGM to approve payment from co-op funds

That's a huge cut in one month. I bet u'll never see it rise 4 cent in one month

2.5c drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭jaymla627

GII reduced Sept manuf milk price by 2.5cpl. Co-op proposing to pay a 0.5cpl bonus on 2014 milk supplies (Man & Liq) to Co-op members to offset market decline.

Wonder will it be for all suppliers our only those who have signed the contract:rolleyes:

How low will it go?

That's it. Unless there's a catastrophe in the market in the last quarter. As far as can be projected

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Wonder will it be for all suppliers our only those who have signed the contract:rolleyes:

Only contracted shareholders

all shareholders should get it end of .

all shareholders should get it end of .

Dry shareholders?

all milk suppilers be it signed a contract or not signed one

• Advertisement

all milk suppilers be it signed a contract or not signed one

All suppliers regardless of share holder or not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement