Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭mf240

Only contracted shareholders

No youll get it whether signed up or not.

Contract doesent apply to this year. Everybody got the 2 cent piggy bank fund in august.

2.5c drop

4.5 cent drop

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Mulumpy

I think tis time ye Glanbia boys and girls signed over to Arrabawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

mf240 wrote: »
    No youll get it whether signed up or not.

Contract doesent apply to this year. Everybody got the 2 cent piggy bank fund in august.

Ok, that's not my info but would make sense

4.5 cent drop

Why not deal in facts the base price has fallen by 2.5c. This is a fact. 2c was on top of +solids price

• Advertisement

Mulumpy wrote: »

Lorry comes near enough to me. Infact it used to pass the gate at one stage.

Lorry comes near enough to me. Infact it used to pass the gate at one stage.

You prob have shares in both being on the border?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Will we hold next week mulumphy?????.the way the board are pricing at moment who knows,a lot of product going into casein at moment which is returning a decent price in current markets

Cant see dropping below 34 for this month anyway. Lot of Casein pre sold before drop so thats a big help. im not complaining getting an extra months work out of it this year.

Why not deal in facts the base price has fallen by 2.5c. This is a fact. 2c was on top of +solids price

Base price has fallen 4.5 cents in two months.

Price paid dropped 4.5 in one month.

Its six of one and half a dozen of the other.:):)

• Advertisement

You prob have shares in both being on the border?

No. Thats the catch at the moment as regards moving. But im not really interested in moving and if I ever move it wont be just a knee jerk reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

avonmore selling uth in china, three euro a carton, good to see irish product breaking into market, pity branded business has been hived out of milk processing side of things thou, any sign of branded infant formula coming direct out of ire company in future seen as most of nz plants were refused licence to export to china and our processors got approval, hope we take advantage of this after boultism scare last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

see kerry cut the price by 3cpl to leave it at 32cpl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

whelan2 wrote: »
    see kerry cut the price by 3cpl to leave it at 32cpl
    Flagged a good while back. 2c for next month also.

And the cuts are only second in the list of hot topics down here right now;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭cute geoge

5live wrote: »
    Flagged a good while back. 2c for next month also.

And the cuts are only second in the list of hot topics down here right now;)

K?

cute geoge wrote: »
    K?
    You weren't at the shareholder advisory meetings?:eek:

PM on the way:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

I was board and council in USA drinking free beer and price down 2.5 cents ,,no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

PM on the way:D
    send it to me too,I am also a shareholder,and former supplier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

milkprofit wrote: »

I was board and council in USA drinking free beer and price down 2.5 cents ,,no worries

I wonder are they having pints with the glanbia boys.

PMU wrote: »
    send it to me too,I am also a shareholder,and former supplier
    Pm sent.

The communication from the advisory section of the co-op really needs a kicking. The mushroom method of communication should be well behind us now. But still feeding us bull$hit and keeping us in the dark:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Lake land cut 2 cent down to 33 now for September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

loveta wrote: »
    Lake land cut 2 cent down to 33 now for September
    still 2.5cpl above glanbia

Arrabawn setting in next day or 2 and word on ground is somewhere between 34 and 34.5 down from35.87.

Glanbia well behind others.

Very dissapointed with there performance this year.

Pm sent.

The communication from the advisory section of the co-op really needs a kicking. The mushroom method of communication should be well behind us now. But still feeding us bull$hit and keeping us in the dark:mad:

The advisory chairman is not allowed call a meeting of shareholders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

Glanbia well behind others.

Very dissapointed with there performance this year.

and who do you think is starting to pay for all of bellview, you the dairy farmer,1-2 cents across all the suppliers ,at the start of the year new suppliers and anyone who supplied over there now qouta were going to pay a charge towards bellview ,i made a point that yes i would be prepared to pay but only at a price eg, when milk is 35 cent i could pay 2 cent,any lower i could not pay,.years ago dairy farmers were charged for collection so much a gallon,one of the carrots at the time was,we wont charge for collection,yeeee haaaaaa, all they did was drop the price of milk and they still had it covered,and you did not see it on your statement anymore.

The advisory chairman is not allowed call a meeting of shareholders
    He doesn't have to.

But there should be an onus on informing shareholders of discussions taking place that will affect them in the future. An example is a senior manager complaining about an issue that was discussed at the shareholders meeting last year, saying it had been discussed at length. It had been, but at advisory level and none of that discussion was forwarded to the majority of shareholders at any point during the preceeding year, just presented as a fait accompli at the end.

There are issues that need to be retained at advisory level but, equally, there are issues that need to be forwarded to other shareholders at an early stage of discussions.

leg wax wrote: »
    and who do you think is starting to pay for all of bellview, you the dairy farmer,1-2 cents across all the suppliers ,at the start of the year new suppliers and anyone who supplied over there now qouta were going to pay a charge towards bellview ,i made a point that yes i would be prepared to pay but only at a price eg, when milk is 35 cent i could pay 2 cent,any lower i could not pay,.years ago dairy farmers were charged for collection so much a gallon,one of the carrots at the time was,we wont charge for collection,yeeee haaaaaa, all they did was drop the price of milk and they still had it covered,and you did not see it on your statement anymore.

Agree totally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

For any other glanbia liquid milk supplied, are yous going with the working bands, or opting out? In general I tend to avoid fixed price schemes, and with 1/4 of my milk liquid still it's a lot of milk to be tied into the working band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

They've confused themselves there, 36 to 33c/l would be a 3 cent cut

Arrabawn down 2 cent for September

Arrabawn down 2 cent for September

Beat me to it!!.33.87 vat inc.still 3.3 cent plus above Glanbia 😄😄

However long that lasts

mahoney_j wrote: »

Almost ten percent more than glanbia.

Glanbia will be losing a few suppliers if this keeps up.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

He doesn't have to.

But there should be an onus on informing shareholders of discussions taking place that will affect them in the future. An example is a senior manager complaining about an issue that was discussed at the shareholders meeting last year, saying it had been discussed at length. It had been, but at advisory level and none of that discussion was forwarded to the majority of shareholders at any point during the preceeding year, just presented as a fait accompli at the end.

There are issues that need to be retained at advisory level but, equally, there are issues that need to be forwarded to other shareholders at an early stage of discussions.

There is no structured way for shareholders to meet without management present to influence discussion

There is no structured way for shareholders to meet without management present to influence discussion
    I didn't mention anything about a meeting:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

Mahoney the difference you will get for your sept milk and what I receive would pay my mortgage and bill for the month and still have spare cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Almost ten percent more than glanbia.

Glanbia will be losing a few suppliers if this keeps up.:mad::mad:

Have a meeting next week with another supplier, all going well notice to leave will be going in before the month is out

stanflt wrote: »
    Mahoney the difference you will get for your sept milk and what I receive would pay my mortgage and bill for the month and still have spare cash

Next 7 or 8 months are going to be real batten down the hatches ones .a decent spring with lots of quality grass to produce milk as cheap as possible is a must

• Advertisement

Next 7 or 8 months are going to be real batten down the hatches ones .a decent spring with lots of quality grass to produce milk as cheap as possible is a must

That's what I've been saying every year. Profit is the goal not yield regardless of price. Guys talking about maize and beet to buffer. Bananas why add costs by calving too early and chasing yield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

That's what I've been saying every year. Profit is the goal not yield regardless of price. Guys talking about maize and beet to buffer. Bananas why add costs by calving too early and chasing yield

The amount of fields of maize and beey you see around tye country and then you see cows licking the ground this time of yr. Lads aren't doing the basics right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

The amount of fields of maize and beey you see around tye country and then you see cows licking the ground this time of yr. Lads aren't doing the basics right

Surely a lot of this is down to quota restrictions. Surely there'd be a response to feeding a few kgs of meal or whatever with grass at this stage of the yr. I'm feeding 0.5kg and milking OAD, trying to keep as much quota as possible for nxt spring, doubt if I'm the only one in this boat

If you are stocked highly so tgat you need to buy in extra fodder for winter maize or other crops are options ahead of silage at times. Agreed on not buffer feeding with another forage if there is enough usable grass around,

Am like well you could feed them some of the beet or maize if there short grass.

Is beet that expensive.

Surely a lot of this is down to quota restrictions. Surely there'd be a response to feeding a few kgs of meal or whatever with grass at this stage of the yr. I'm feeding 0.5kg and milking OAD, trying to keep as much quota as possible for nxt spring, doubt if I'm the only one in this boat

Would we not be better to stock according to what we can grow? Obviously feed required at shoulders and to cover cal mag. I'd be concerned lads will add expense following yield because of no quota.

We can't afford to substitute grass supplement yes

My plans for next year was to increase cows by 25%. With price cut looming our budgets suggest a cut of 20% in numbers and selling these calved will yield me more profit. My heart wants to grow but my wallet wants profit so I waiting and seeing and will decide in the next few mths.

I have no problem with feeding you have to do it if you need too im feeding kg here aswell as a bale/day. But if lads looked after there grass alot better it would make life easier instead of spending the day with the diet feeder.

Milked out wrote: »
    If you are stocked highly so tgat you need to buy in extra fodder for winter maize or other crops are options ahead of silage at times. Agreed on not buffer feeding with another forage if there is enough usable grass around,

My point waa though alot of lads aren't doing grass right and then relying on maize/beet to carry them. Alot of lads jyst graze the place bare most yrs and shut uo shop and dont get out till end of feb and are feeding silage and the likes when they could be at grass.
    Maize has its place aswell as beet but you might get more value with it with good quality grass at the shoulders?

Would we not be better to stock according to what we can grow? Obviously feed required at shoulders and to cover cal mag. I'd be concerned lads will add expense following yield because of no quota.

We can't afford to substitute grass supplement yes

My plans for next year was to increase cows by 25%. With price cut looming our budgets suggest a cut of 20% in numbers and selling these calved will yield me more profit. My heart wants to grow but my wallet wants profit so I waiting and seeing and will decide in the next few mths.

Were u planning on feeding extra meal to carry those extra cows or take extra land if u don't mind me asking? Just wondering as if you have the land to increase cows without increasing meal / supplementation surely it would make sense to increase numbers unless caught for winter feed?

My point waa though alot of lads aren't doing grass right and then relying on maize/beet to carry them. Alot of lads jyst graze the place bare most yrs and shut uo shop and dont get out till end of feb and are feeding silage and the likes when they could be at grass.
    Maize has its place aswell as beet but you might get more value with it with good quality grass at the shoulders?

It's fairly farm specific really in terms of the type of land etc, wet spring would have some lads inside for a while whereas others would manage with back fencing, on off grazing, etc on drier land. Maize would be great this time of year however it is a bit late by the time it's harvested and fermented. Good in spring alrite if in and out with the cows

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement