Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

red bull wrote: »
    Arrabawn price ?

Back 1.84 vat inc to 32 cent.only going one way but for a change were still ahead of the pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Milk last payment.

Bf 4.3
    P 3.41
    Scc. 196k
    Tbc 5k

42.8 cpl inc vat.

Happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Dawggone wrote: »
    Milk last payment.

Bf 4.3
    P 3.41
    Scc. 196k
    Tbc 5k

42.8 cpl inc vat.

Happy enough.

Will your base price be the same for the rest of the year Dawg? Are you on a solids based payment? They are saying next year could see a longer lull in price as the US are showing no sign of pulling back due to lower feed costs

Milked out wrote: »
    Will your base price be the same for the rest of the year Dawg? Are you on a solids based payment? They are saying next year could see a longer lull in price as the US are showing no sign of pulling back due to lower feed costs

Base is 34.8 for this month and will be 34.5 until new year (plus vat).
    Solids based payment.

Downward pressure on price. We need a drought in one of the major grain producing areas. Once the drought isn't here...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

looking at glanbia milk statement there my net milk price is 40.94 this doesnt seem right to me and 2012 fixed price scheme is 35.9 is this right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

whelan2 wrote: »
    looking at glanbia milk statement there my net milk price is 40.94 this doesnt seem right to me and 2012 fixed price scheme is 35.9 is this right?

Send them back a cheque for what they've overpaid you:)

Are you in W milk, bonus?

Send them back a cheque for what they've overpaid you:)

Are you in W milk, bonus?
    ye, just seems very high for me, have premier bonus too

whelan2 wrote: »
    ye, just seems very high for me, have premier bonus too

You've answered your question.

Fixed scheme looking good now:)

You've answered your question.

Fixed scheme looking good now:)
    alls good, have more money than i was budgeting for:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

The high solids in October gave a decent lift to my nett milk price. No milk under the fixed price here. For Nov on I'll need every penny extra that I get for liquid and winter bonuses to pay for the maize and extra nuts, I still think I'm at utterly nothing staying in winter milk.

• Advertisement

Seeing 1st hand a proper indoor diet for the likes of a 670kg HO last week I'll admit scared me ha, all that feed for 32l of watery milk, that's all before ya go out and spend 20/30k on a diet feeder.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Seeing 1st hand a proper indoor diet for the likes of a 670kg HO last week I'll admit scared me ha, all that feed for 32l of watery milk, that's all before ya go out and spend 20/30k on a diet feeder.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :)

Not much of a diet if only delivering 32 ltrs Tim.whatcwas in it??.diet feeder handy but not essential .top quality bales and good spec nut in parlour will take u a long way .i feed straw to dry cows with silage,Simply put out straw on floor then silage then more straw cows do the mixing.do something similar with whole crop or maize.you just to need to know weight of a grab of what ever you feed and its dm and bobs your uncle

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Not much of a diet if only delivering 32 ltrs Tim.whatcwas in it??.diet feeder handy but not essential .top quality bales and good spec nut in parlour will take u a long way .i feed straw to dry cows with silage,Simply put out straw on floor then silage then more straw cows do the mixing.do something similar with whole crop or maize.you just to need to know weight of a grab of what ever you feed and its dm and bobs your uncle

Imagine, I agree TMR like playing farm simulator

6kg ration, 8kg silage, 4 maize, 2 beet, 1kg straw off the top of my head, however I think it summed up to 26kgs dm, I only got 21kgs there. I'll agree with you, I'm basically doing as you said but with maize also, I was commenting specifically on a high cost system, my system I'd call medium cost, where I'm really at nothing is zero economic of scale with a liquid contract for only 20cows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

Fresh calvers getting up to 8 kg hi energy maize feed to yield in parlour
    Getting 12kg dm of 42 plus dm 78+ dmd bales and 4kg dm maize and 7kg fresh brewers mixed with citrus at 6:1 ratio

Fresh calvers averaging 35plus

All cows avg feed is 2 kg meal per head with 7 brewers - avg delivered 19 litres @ 4.53 fat 3.69 p

Overall p in diet is only 14.5 due to superlevy

So I'm the only eejit on here with a mixer wagon.....
    I would argue that they have their place.

Cows out 24/7 now but still getting buffer through wagon.
    What cost are parlor feeders and the concentrates that goes into them?

I've a diet feeder

stanflt wrote: »
    I've a diet feeder

Another eejit!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Ah here
    2 kg 16% meal
    As much silage they can eat - 72 dmd 28; dm
    Av 22 litres milk recording
    3.86p and 4.75 fat off tank

Another eejit!! :)

I'd like one but not needed for now,only spring milk nothing milked from mid December to late jan .winter diet only straw and silage .will buffer wholecrop and bales in spring to supplement grass

Ah here
    2 kg 16% meal
    As much silage they can eat - 72 dmd 28; dm
    Av 22 litres milk recording
    3.86p and 4.75 fat off tank

Impressive figures there chief

Impressive figures there chief

Loads of bulling going on so im happy with how there doing.
    Next yr well knock more milk out

You got what 100s of cows though, so at least the diet feeder is alow lower of a fixed cost per litre of liquid milk, I'm largely talking about the average Irish split calving herd, with a diet feeder for the autumn ladies. 4-6k will get you a full batch system for a parlour. For me moving forward, I could actually stick with the cow I have, try feed her a lot better, but in these times of a low milk price I just can't see the point, I was only thinking the other day that with quotas gone next year, and more maize in the pit than I expected I could buffer feed alot more during the year, ultimately I got to stop letting the heart rule over the head, stop chasing any of this marginal (or possibly loss making) milk and stay focused on grass grass and more grass.

You got what 100s of cows though, so at least the diet feeder is alow lower of a fixed cost per litre of liquid milk, I'm largely talking about the average Irish split calving herd, with a diet feeder for the autumn ladies. 4-6k will get you a full batch system for a parlour. For me moving forward, I could actually stick with the cow I have, try feed her a lot better, but in these times of a low milk price I just can't see the point, I was only thinking the other day that with quotas gone next year, and more maize in the pit than I expected I could buffer feed alot more during the year, ultimately I got to stop letting the heart rule over the head, stop chasing any of this marginal (or possibly loss making) milk and stay focused on grass grass and more grass.

Grass can only take you so far in fairness.
    I've seen guys on here talking about feeding less than a half ton of meal with grass. My cows would die.

I don't need to buy any concentrates.

Cows on good grass now but when they come in the yield will lift significantly.

If you could grow decent crops of maize every year it would do a lot for the herd.

Grass can only take you so far in fairness.
    I've seen guys on here talking about feeding less than a half ton of meal with grass. My cows would die.

I don't need to buy any concentrates.

Cows on good grass now but when they come in the yield will lift significantly.

If you could grow decent crops of maize every year it would do a lot for the herd.
    We fed 600kg of meal this yr to springs sent in 500kgs of solids per cow :)
    Bit less than kast yr with 1/3 heifers

Was a perfect year for grass in fairness.

You'll have to send me a few of those xbreds!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Cow Porter

Fairplay good going, is the 500 figure from milk recording, coop statement or coop performance report

• Advertisement

Was a perfect year for grass in fairness.

You'll have to send me a few of those xbreds!

Definitely was alot more new grass sown so hope I can hold that.
    Only about 1/3 herd crossbred now alot if fr and few je

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Tim could you feed the winter milkers all maize if you have plenty.

Then just distillers pellets in the palour and a shake of minerals on the maize.

Theyll have there tits pricked out with milk .

mf240 wrote: »
    Tim could you feed the winter milkers all maize if you have plenty.

Then just distillers pellets in the palour and a shake of minerals on the maize.

Theyll have there tits pricked out with milk .

I've heard that you shouldn't push maize above 50% of their diet, ie 2 grabs of silage for each grab of maize, which is what I've doing. But anyways no no no defo don't need them bursting with milk this winter ha, will be about 20kl over anyways not to mind going any more. I'll happily hold over the maize until next winter and have alot less or none grown for me next year, it's far from the cheapest crop, I was lacking alternatives last year.

October milk price of 43.77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

October milk price of 43.77

43 cent??

farmerjj wrote: »
    43 cent??

Liquid milk

• Advertisement

Liquid milk

Will that price hold for the season?

Will that price hold for the season?

no its a solids base payment plus bonus
    if milk price drops it drops

same as a manufacture payment plus bonus

Stan for once I can say I beat ya at something :P. But nay anyways, Premier winter bonus, I'm looking back to last years milk statements. Last Oct we supplied 14k litres of surplus milk, which we got a premier winter bonus of 4.97 cent on (same bonus as the milk cheque today). Last Nov we got a bonus of 8.13 cent on 15kl of surplus milk. Dec it was 6.98c on 16.5kL. Jan our luck ran out ha, only 1/2c bonus on a surplus of 9kL, making them 9kLs of extra milk a total waste of time. Can you explain what way the Premier winter bonus works, are those c/l figures I posted above fixed each month (basically meaning I should never ever aim to produce one litre over my Jan liquid contract), or are they some sort of cumulative figure over the whole winter, Ie a sum of all the surplus milk I supplied from Oct-Jan, and I just went over it in Jan last yr?

46c for October milk.
    Looking at bf reference we have gained 40k litres from bf dropping from 5.2 in 84 to over 4 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

46c for October milk.
    Looking at bf reference we have gained 40k litres from bf dropping from 5.2 in 84 to over 4 today.

U are unique, most of the rest of have gone the other way, and we're getting screwed for it!

• Advertisement

U are unique, most of the rest of have gone the other way, and we're getting screwed for it!

New entrants in Arrabawn and a good few with x breeds were given a bf reference of 3.65.there been crippled because of it ,know of one guy more or less 1% above that most of year and for last 2 months was 2 to 2.5% above it.his 230 k quota is gone pretty small because of it

Father always gives out about his mother wheen quotas came in . Milking 15 and could have gone to 20 but she cut back to 5. Really vexed over it still haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭jaymla627

New entrants in Arrabawn and a good few with x breeds were given a bf reference of 3.65.there been crippled because of it ,know of one guy more or less 1% above that most of year and for last 2 months was 2 to 2.5% above it.his 230 k quota is gone pretty small because of it

Worked it out today for every .1 you go over your base you lose 10 liters on the 1,000, so a x-bred lad in your scenario say averaging 4.85 for the year is losing 120 liters on the 1,000 so if he sends in 230,000 he is down over 27,000 liters....

What would hapoen if bf reference was dropped?. Would we loose out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Heard tonite that shinagh bandon are getting 50 cent for November milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

If thats true there will be a q to transfer there !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

keep going wrote: »
    Heard tonite that shinagh bandon are getting 50 cent for November milk

A neighbour is a college graduate that doing work there and he told me the same when we were out on the rip Saturday night. I had forgotten about it till I saw your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

shows you forget when you're on the sauce! maybe some things best not remembering!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Stan for once I can say I beat ya at something :P. But nay anyways, Premier winter bonus, I'm looking back to last years milk statements. Last Oct we supplied 14k litres of surplus milk, which we got a premier winter bonus of 4.97 cent on (same bonus as the milk cheque today). Last Nov we got a bonus of 8.13 cent on 15kl of surplus milk. Dec it was 6.98c on 16.5kL. Jan our luck ran out ha, only 1/2c bonus on a surplus of 9kL, making them 9kLs of extra milk a total waste of time. Can you explain what way the Premier winter bonus works, are those c/l figures I posted above fixed each month (basically meaning I should never ever aim to produce one litre over my Jan liquid contract), or are they some sort of cumulative figure over the whole winter, Ie a sum of all the surplus milk I supplied from Oct-Jan, and I just went over it in Jan last yr?

bonus for supply over liquid contract baileys milk
    oct 6
    nov 9
    dec 10
    jan9
    feb 7
    this is based on 03 04 supply and money received in that year is max u can get
    same amount pre x mass as 03-04
    when money is allotted and u have more milk u get 00000
    sending in milk more than u baileys contract is a no brainer

October base 32.036 @3.6 fat 3.3 p
    My price
    39.508 fat 4.56 p 3.95

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement