Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Seems the Mansholt plan is going to happen anyway without the compensation. From 40 years ago,
    "The Commission published a provocative memorandum proposing broad policies to accelerate structural change in agriculture, including providing financial incentives to encourage about half of the farming population to leave the sector, with five million hectares of land targeted to be removed from production"

On the button Brown. Thanks.
    In fairness its inevitable.
    Huge opportunities now though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Latest gdt auction up 3.6% following up on last auction which saw a 2.4% rise.auction saw a rise across all products,could we be turning a corner???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Latest gdt auction up 3.6% following up on last auction which saw a 2.4% rise.auction saw a rise across all products,could we be turning a corner???

Ease up, I don't want to see positive sentiment till I'm up and running ;)

just do it wrote: »
    Ease up, I don't want to see positive sentiment till I'm up and running ;)

Still very early days but hopefully the Southern Hemisphere has and will see worst of market.all we need know is a big drought down there and some big issue with maize etc in the states meaning it all has to be incinerated!!!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Little acorns. Great to see small rise always better than small drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Little acorns. Great to see small rise always better than small drop

Seen that on agri land but Would want some fert put on them lil acorns to help them grow Just came of the phone From M.R in lakelands would not fill ya with joys of spring

loveta wrote: »
    Seen that on agri land but Would want some fert put on them lil acorns to help them grow Just came of the phone From M.R in lakelands would not fill ya with joys of spring

Load of urea and 18 6 12 arrived today,I'll offer a bit of each to sprinkle on those acorns if it helps.....

loveta wrote: »

They're in talking it down mode. Did you read FINDO today. Murphy prophet of doom selling Positive Farmers, cynical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Murphy prophet of doom selling Positive Farmers

The irony ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Murphy prophet of doom selling Positive Farmers, cynical

Are they still telling us we should be sweating our assets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

Dawggone wrote: »
    ... "production rights" will exist. So there is still a kind of trade in "rights" but the price is low

Or co-op shares, as we call them here.

Are they still telling us we should be sweating our assets?

Was it not "double sweating"? I'd say they're s a few sweating after listening to that crap

"Blue chip" was another one
    Don't buy dairy PLC shares was another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Those in thecheese business are in the perfectstorm at the minute due to the crash in milk prices between when the cheese was made and the price paid formilk to farmers and the market which that cheese is now entering.add in the Russian thing and jockeying after it means cheese makers are extremely risky territory

keep going wrote: »
    Those in thecheese business are in the perfectstorm at the minute due to the crash in milk prices between when the cheese was made and the price paid formilk to farmers and the market which that cheese is now entering.add in the Russian thing and jockeying after it means cheese makers are extremely risky territory

Imagine having you porridge of a morning and opening an email telling you that they can't pay you.

Can't change processor either as no other would want you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Imagine having you porridge of a morning and opening an email telling you that they can't pay you.

Mustn't be a great speaker at the IGA at the minute ;)

Two major news items on the local radio today and this is one.

A lot of scaremongering going on about post quota and how strong Coop's will have to be to "ride the storm".
    Same happened here a few years back and the producers had to bail out the processor!! I'm not too sure what processor but Lactalis is being mentioned a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

And i wonder what will happen in two if they need more time, sounds like there gone well down the slippery slope, Gez a lad heavily borrowed and that happening to him then having to ring his creditors saying "eh bit of a problem chaps" would n fancy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Why do IDB want the rights to pack and market first milks cheese ?? (Is it something to do with spare capacity. )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Would those hundreds of producers that have no-one to process their milk be suppliers who changer processor regularly and are now left high and dry(or wet, i suppose)?

Arrabawn price unchanged at 32.036 c/ltre for December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Theres a lot of talk of suppliers moving to dairygold/glanbia around here, I for one arent moving, did you go to kilkenny for the free bus trip and 3 course meal gerry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Arrabawn price unchanged at 32.036 c/ltre for December

I'd imagine there will be no change for most coops till feb as december and jan volumes will be fairly low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

dec 30.5inc vat for gii

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Theres a lot of talk of suppliers moving to dairygold/glanbia around here, I for one arent moving, did you go to kilkenny for the free bus trip and 3 course meal gerry?

Not for me ,never seen a more hungry shower for milk,too many negatives with that praticular crowd one been access to shares and that from what I could gather the bigger supplier with big shares will hold an advantage .nuff said.keeping options open next few months will be interesting in our knick of the woods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭arctic8dave

DG holding 30c/l for dec & jan & supposedly down to 26c/l by march with their product mix

Brother works in Danone macroom says that there in for a bumper financial year demand extremely strong energy & milk ( IDB linked ) prices down & retail price very strong .
    There's always winner's!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Milked out wrote: »
    I'd imagine there will be no change for most coops till feb as december and jan volumes will be fairly low
    milk has been collected here every day this week- not that i have a large volume:o- wonder are alot of people not sending milk now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

whelan2 wrote: »
    milk has been collected here every day this week- not that i have a large volume:o- wonder are alot of people not sending milk now

do you think that they need it everyday? to keep liquid milk supplied on the shelf maybe or more for the lorry to be full

BTW will you be charged for daily collection or what was charged previously?

Not for me ,never seen a more hungry shower for milk,too many negatives with that praticular crowd one been access to shares and that from what I could gather the bigger supplier with big shares will hold an advantage .nuff said.keeping options open next few months will be interesting in our knick of the woods

MJ, point if info You statement on shares is totally incorrect. I'm not starting a row but you should stick to the facts.

MJ, point if info You statement on shares is totally incorrect. I'm not starting a row but you should stick to the facts.

Access to initial shares fine but after that squiring shares relative to supply could be a long slow process and costly.statement I quoted was general feeling I got.am I wrong in saying him/her with bigger shareholding got more clout

• Advertisement

will there be a top up of the 2014 milk price scheme like there was last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

I've pulled back alot this month. I see January are the last chance to keep superlevy in check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

I've pulled back alot this month. I see January are the last chance to keep superlevy in check.

Same here, dec and jan combined have pulled back a bit should be safe now, a balls all the same when the 2 months will be higher priced than the next six

Access to initial shares fine but after that squiring shares relative to supply could be a long slow process and costly.statement I quoted was general feeling I got.am I wrong in saying him/her with bigger shareholding got more clout

Share trading will allow for buying. Preference given to people who are under 2000 shares. For larger share holders limit on amount can be bought at a time. So actually discriminates against larger share holders. Unlike what your rumour would suggest.

28% of shares held be deceased and in active members, so a shortage it's not

will there be a top up of the 2014 milk price scheme like there was last year?

Yes, it's very important that share holders attend SGM on 5/2 in KK to vote. This is the proposed date. All payments will be to shareholders with MSA only

dec 30.5inc vat for gii

What % is VAT on milk?

Share trading will allow for buying. Preference given to people who are under 2000 shares. For larger share holders limit on amount can be bought at a time. So actually discriminates against larger share holders. Unlike what your rumour would suggest.

28% of shares held be deceased and in active members, so a shortage it's not

2000 shares needed to start so no issue aquiring them,after that it gets a bit tricky unless you've got bucks behind you.

Milk manager called earlier for me to go to a large meeting of milk producers.
    Seems that the farmers don't want to produce milk for the new baby milk plant.
    SCC here is 400k and it is proposed to drop that limit to 200k....feckin WAR!!

There are lots and lots of robots in the area and there are huge difficulties staying under 400k SCC, even though the fine for being over is 18cpl !!

Soooo....the plant is now in place AND it's built under a JV with the Chinese...and the farmers don't want to supply!!
    There is an infinite chasm between Irish and French cultures. Irish farmers embrace opportunities with both arms while the French attitude is "what have the Chinese ever done for us?" FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

why would scc be any different with robot?

a lot of people are afraid of the Chinese. probably good reason. they have a reputation of not paying for stuff

visatorro wrote: »
    why would scc be any different with robot?

a lot of people are afraid of the Chinese. probably good reason. they have a reputation of not paying for stuff

It's one of those very well kept secrets Visa...
    I'm in no position to explain why as I don't have 'bots.

• Advertisement

2000 shares needed to start so no issue aquiring them,after that it gets a bit tricky unless you've got bucks behind you.

You do not need any more than that. Lots of guys have supplied with much less till now.

Yes, it's very important that share holders attend SGM on 5/2 in KK to vote. This is the proposed date. All payments will be to shareholders with MSA only
    is that the same payment we got last january?

is that the same payment we got last january?

Tbh I can't recall what we got last Jan:(
    This is for .5c on all milk in 14 and 1.8 for 15 supply

I think the Jan payment was the fixed price topup, open to correction

ye thats what i meant is there a fixed price top up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

Dawggone wrote: »
    What % is VAT on milk?

5%

ye thats what i meant is there a fixed price top up

Yes provided the CSO shows Ag inflation on main inputs. I'd say its a given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

5%

Up to 5.2 this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Yeah,last year was the fixed price top up This year it's a half cent price support for all milk in 2014 paid for by the co-Op and matched by the plc for liquid subject to approval at the SGM
    It was meant to be paid in January, what delayed the sgm?
    Presumably now it will be March

A half c/l is 2.25c a gal approx,so €2250 per 100,000 gals? Is it paid on over quota milk too?

41.54 c/ltr for December milk,5.23 fat 4.01 p.average price for 2015 40.54 cent.well chuffed with that but how long will it be till I see an average price for year in 40s also got 5300 ltrs temp leasing.no foot on the brake here now once calving starts and calves onto milk powder oad from day5/7 depending on how much milk I have to hold from Fresh calvers.a week to 10 days tops before kick off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

42c for Dec milk
    Fat 4.56
    P 3.45

2014s milk
    42.92c av for yr
    Fat 4.22- reference bf is 5.14 so well gain a bit of milk with that
    P 3.7 %
    SCC 131
    Sold 422kgs solids/cow
    5664l av per cow sold this yr.