Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

I agree, but March price won't be set until well into April.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well, normally price is talked up or down before its set. February price will almost definitely be held, that should be enough to guarantee March's milk will be sent in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Word from the processor here is that milk will not go under 30cpl + vat. this year.

If you can believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭orm0nd

leg wax wrote: »
    no one wants to be first or seen to drop milk price before april as they may lose new milk suppliers.

I was talking to a new entrant literally within pi$$ing distance of arrabawn
    the amount of canvassing & bullsh1t promises is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Things are stabilizing
    http://ow.ly/ItoDd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

is it today the glanbia egm is on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭stanflt

whelan2 wrote: »
    is it today the glanbia egm is on?

yes 1pm in kk

i forgot about it-thanks for reminding me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

stanflt wrote: »
    yes 1pm in kk

i forgot about it-thanks for reminding me

Vote early and often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Twas approved anyway by 92% but is it in time to be paid out on the 19th February with January's milk?

For every 100,000 gals it's worth about €2250,assuming 0.5c a litre equates to 2.25c a gal approx?

Sorry I still use shillings and pence with weights and stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Vote early and often.

I see a few of the usual guys in attendance. Forced a secret ballot, asked to volunteer 10 names to force one. Struggled to get 10 and then only had 25 votes in final poll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I see a few of the usual guys in attendance. Forced a secret ballot, asked to volunteer 10 names to force one. Struggled to get 10 and then only had 25 votes in final poll

What was the reasoning behind the secret ballot (I don't understand any of the glanbia goings on) but it reminded me of the heave against charlie haughey ;-)

What was the reasoning behind the secret ballot (I don't understand any of the glanbia goings on) but it reminded me of the heave against charlie haughey ;-)

Divelment and the guys in question have phuck all to do at home. Same few oppose every change.

Divelment and the guys in question have phuck all to do at home. Same few oppose every change.
    life would be dull if everyone agreed on everything all the time

is Glanbia staying at 30.5cpl for January?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭limerick farmer

anyone hear kerry were going to offer afixed price of 34c for 4 years?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

anyone hear kerry were going to offer afixed price of 34c for 4 years?

One of lads here mentioned it I think, not sure where, is it based on higher solids than 3.3p and 3.6bf tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

anyone hear kerry were going to offer a fixed price of 34c for 4 years?
    It's fixed for 3 years and its 34c @ 3.84bf and 3.357 pr.

That's 33c or so @3.6/3.3 and there is supposed to be a particular production curve also from what i hear but the % fixed will be low so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, the fixed portion will not will not quailfy for some bonuses and you have about a week to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭degetme

It's fixed for 3 years and its 34c @ 3.84bf and 3.357 pr.

That's 33c or so @3.6/3.3 and there is supposed to be a particular production curve also from what i hear but the % fixed will be low so it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, the fixed portion will not will not quailfy for some bonuses and you have about a week to decide.

Is itIf u lock in 20% Do you get paid 20% of your monthly suply at 34cnt litre and rest of suply at whatever the months price is at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭red bull

Arrabawn promise 30c on Tuesdays Farming Indo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

red bull wrote: »
    Arrabawn promise 30c on Tuesdays Farming Indo

They have to considering all the rumblings of a supplier exodus lately,lot of money spent on plant and can't really afford to loose 25/30 million ltrs plus of milk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭mf240

mahoney_j wrote: »
    They have to considering all the rumblings of a supplier exodus lately,lot of money spent on plant and can't really afford to loose 25/30 million ltrs plus of milk

No reason for any co op to make further cuts when world price looks to be turning the corner.

mf240 wrote: »
    No reason for any co op to make further cuts when world price looks to be turning the corner.
    It never stopped them before:pac:

MJ is 30c not a drop. I thought ye were higher

They're not alone in this. It must stay above 28c or they'll go dry

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Coonagh

They're not alone in this. It must stay above 28c or they'll go dry

Looking forward do these smaller coops stand a chance, personally very hard to see them holding onto suppliers over the next few years.

Coonagh wrote: »
    Looking forward do these smaller coops stand a chance, personally very hard to see them holding onto suppliers over the next few years.

Hard to see them surviving long term. There is a place for the plants processing at peak but it would probably make more sense to maximise the processing in the larger plants outside those 2 months.

Pretty much as is being done with November and December milk currently.

MJ is 30c not a drop. I thought ye were higher

Just over 32 vat inc,we're getting very dizzy looking down at rest of ye,unfamiliar but welcome position to be in ,how long it'll last if we start hamaeroging milk,something will have to suffer and we all know what that'll be....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Many co ops pushing for supplier commitment contracts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Glanbia milk statements are usually on agrilink on the 16th but they're not today

Also no text this month on price?

I see in twitter glanbia are holding for jan feb and march, assuming recovery holds or continues will 30 be as low as it will go for irish coops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Milked out wrote: »
    I see in twitter glanbia are holding for jan feb and march, assuming recovery holds or continues will 30 be as low as it will go for irish coops?

Are they going to hold for March,...if they are, not so bad. I was worried they'd announce a drop in April once all March's milk was in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Milked out wrote: »

That as well as the tactical move for lads to pay there superlevy in summer months has insured lads won't cut too milk out of cows

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Don't say it too often , but fair dues to Glanbia for giving a bit of well needed certainty for the coming months.

any word of when the 1cpl bonus will be paid out?

whelan2 wrote: »
    any word of when the 1cpl bonus will be paid out?

.5c For 2014 will be paid this mth. Others will be front loaded into the early mths.

This is welcome news from Glanbia as it removes a lot if uncertainty and rumour. At least now we know the minimum position.

It took a while but I finally think we have well structured and funded co-op. the passing of the vote in Gowran and the strong performance of the Plc has us in a good place for some time to come

still no sign of the milk statements on line. Ye good to see the 3 months price being announced in the 1 go.

Don't say it too often , but fair dues to Glanbia for giving a bit of well needed certainty for the coming months.

Hate to be a sceptic, but one of the main reasons coops are holding price over super levy fine is to stop farmers from dumping it. Over quota milk is still processed and manufactured by coops, only farmers pay the super levy fine

Hate to be a sceptic, but one of the main reasons coops are holding price over super levy fine is to stop farmers from dumping it. Over quota milk is still processed and manufactured by coops, only farmers pay the super levy fine

May or may not be the case, probably is but the reality is that bottom has been reached.

I for one am glad at last to hear some positive news. The news for the last few months has been more positive but people and particularly the FINDO don't want to report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

the other side of that coin is if for example cheese is making 2750 a ton that roughly translate into a milk price of 27 cent so there is no margin in that if milk price stays at 30 cent odd so that dosent make sense.coops are hoping we have reached a tipping point in the market and with smaller volumes are willing to risk it for a month or 2.bear in mind that milk processed today hits the market in 6 months.those heifers came cheap,you were lucky I wasn't in the yard id say:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

if we only processed cheese id understand but what bout the everything else in product mix, i asked before what our product mix was made up of in % terms but got a politicians ans so no wiser, lacotose is makin serious money
    cant say id take my hat off to them just yet its usualy peak supply they always hammer price doesnt make much diff the price this time of year as supplies are low doent affect their bottom line as much as peak supplies, employees wages and pensions arnt dont correlate to spot price rates

U beat me to it. Read elsewhere that fonterra were looking to sell thru other means for high value products, can't remember where now wonder if it is affecting the gdt prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭visatorro

I for one am glad at last to hear some positive news. The news for the last few months has been more positive but people and particularly the FINDO don't want to report

good news doesn't sell newspapers.

keep going wrote: »
    the other side of that coin is if for example cheese is making 2750 a ton that roughly translate into a milk price of 27 cent so there is no margin in that if milk price stays at 30 cent odd so that dosent make sense.coops are hoping we have reached a tipping point in the market and with smaller volumes are willing to risk it for a month or 2.bear in mind that milk processed today hits the market in 6 months.those heifers came cheap,you were lucky I wasn't in the yard id say:D

They're good value alright, I'd better collect them before he changes his mind! Thanx for ur help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭red bull

Arrabawn held price, top of league again I think. What a difference the right product mix can make.

• Advertisement

glanbia milk statements are on line, 0.5cpl bonus is very welcome:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

May or may not be the case, probably is but the reality is that bottom has been reached.

The 'spin machine' got carried away in the Irish Coop's...
    Setting ye up for a fall that doesn't look like it's going to materialize!

Our crew on this side look to have called it correctly...
    Ye wouldn't listen to me last November when I called it!!
    :)

Dawggone wrote: »
    The 'spin machine' got carried away in the Irish Coop's...
    Setting ye up for a fall that doesn't look like it's going to materialize!

Our crew on this side look to have called it correctly...
    Ye wouldn't listen to me last November when I called it!!
    :)

Dodged a bullet dwag,drought and fronteras predictions of 3.5% reduction in supply in New Zealand have been a big help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

:Dbest part is it looks like nz caught the worst I hope for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

Dodged a bullet dwag,drought and fronteras predictions of 3.5% reduction in supply in New Zealand have been a big help

Exchange rate movement is possibly the biggest influence.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement