Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP Please connect me to the new exchange near my house. Current service unusable.

Options
  • 17-04-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I was an Eircom broadband customer a few years ago but because I was connected to an exchange over 3km away from my home I was at the end of a very long line of service users and had speeds slower than dial-up.

I knew that there was a new exchange because many of my neighbours were on it and had very fast broadband. I was advised by Eircom at the time to disconnect my line for at least a year in order to get my broadband reconnected to the exchange only 200m from my house upon reconnection.

This January, I got what I thought was a good deal from Vodafone, who rent the lines from Eircom and I was reconnected. Since then my broadband has been completely unusable and I have often gone for days without any connection at all.

So after spending hours more of my time on the phone to Vodafone over the past few weeks I have been told that the reason my line keeps dropping/refusing to connect/download speed is averaging 0.4mg.... is that I am still connected to an exchange that is beyond normal reach even though there is a closer one about 200m from my house......and I was told Eircom never move people's connections even if a newer one is closer. He said that my house is at the end of a very long line and that there is nothing they can do about it either. No solution, hands are tied etc.

Please, if you can do anything to improve this situation I would be extremely grateful because I have over a year left on this contract without a usable service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I was an Eircom broadband customer a few years ago but because I was connected to an exchange over 3km away from my home I was at the end of a very long line of service users and had speeds slower than dial-up.

I knew that there was a new exchange because many of my neighbours were on it and had very fast broadband. I was advised by Eircom at the time to disconnect my line for at least a year in order to get my broadband reconnected to the exchange only 200m from my house upon reconnection.

This January, I got what I thought was a good deal from Vodafone, who rent the lines from Eircom and I was reconnected. Since then my broadband has been completely unusable and I have often gone for days without any connection at all.

So after spending hours more of my time on the phone to Vodafone over the past few weeks I have been told that the reason my line keeps dropping/refusing to connect/download speed is averaging 0.4mg.... is that I am still connected to an exchange that is beyond normal reach even though there is a closer one about 200m from my house......and I was told Eircom never move people's connections even if a newer one is closer. He said that my house is at the end of a very long line and that there is nothing they can do about it either. No solution, hands are tied etc.

Please, if you can do anything to improve this situation I would be extremely grateful because I have over a year left on this contract without a usable service.

Hi allegrobarbaro

Can you send me a private message with your telephone number or eircom account number and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 16 allegrobarbaro

Hi allegrobarbaro

Can you send me a private message with your telephone number or eircom account number and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark
    Thank you for your reply Mark.  I have just sent that info.
    Sarah

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Got your PM thanks, I ran a few checks and got back to you get.

Mark

Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Sorry about the wait, I am checking on a few things and I will get back to you soon.

Mark

Hi Sarah,

Sorry about the wait, I am checking on a few things and I will get back to you soon.

Mark

Thank you Mark

• Advertisement

Thank you Mark

Hi Sarah,

I checked as much as I could and PM you back. Let me know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

Vodafone are insisting that I am still connected to the wrong exchange so it seems I am caught between a rock and a hard place.

Vodafone are insisting that I am still connected to the wrong exchange so it seems I am caught between a rock and a hard place.

Hi Sarah,

I checked all the systems we could (as we do not have direct access to your account / line) However our systems show that your address and we checked direct neighbouring lines with eircom and they are all connected to the - BALLYMACAHILL CROSS exchange?

Unfortunately eircom can not make any direct requests or take any actions with accounts or ines that are with another ISP.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement