Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go on a date?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

3fullback wrote: »
    Scottish guy ? Let me guess you were in the Hole in the wall ?
    Worse, we went to Karma:o
    First & Last time in that fine establishment

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't worry about it, ring her in a few days and have one of the ideas in this thread lined up. Perhaps she got angry because you brought her to a boozer on a first date.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

astonaidan wrote: »
    Just to update how badly this plan went.
    Went out with her on the student night and just couldnt get her alone :(

Ahh, if it's a date, then by definition it should be to a place where your mates aren't around.

Now if this woman thought she was out with you specifically, and then paid attention to someone else who happened to be there, when she's just plain rude and you shouldn't waste any more time on her.

But it it was just being out with a group of friends, then that's *not* a date ... better luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Now if this woman thought she was out with you specifically, and then paid attention to someone else who happened to be there, when she's just plain rude and you shouldn't waste any more time on her.

But it it was just being out with a group of friends, then that's *not* a date ... better luck next time.

I agree here, if she thought she was exclusively out with you at your request she should've been paying most attention to you. Also not replying to your text sounds a little childish. Give her a ring and if a second try works out then great, if not you might be dodging a bullet.

biko wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, ring her in a few days and have one of the ideas in this thread lined up. Perhaps she got angry because you brought her to a boozer on a first date.
    Ahh, if it's a date, then by definition it should be to a place where your mates aren't around.

I agree here, if she thought she was exclusively out with you at your request she should've been paying most attention to you. Also not replying to your text sounds a little childish. Give her a ring and if a second try works out then great, if not you might be dodging a bullet.

Sorry it was part of a student night, after our last exam. I had planned on asking her out at it as she spent two weeks trying to get me to go :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Dont put too many details here, shes probably reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Just to be clear, did you specifically ask her out to the student thing, or did you just go, and she also went? If so then it doesn't count. I wouldn't really bring someone to Karma for a date... You have to be careful about not making it seem you just want to have sex with her.

Boards beers

astonaidan wrote: »
    Sorry it was part of a student night, after our last exam. I had planned on asking her out at it as she spent two weeks trying to get me to go :mad:

Well nothing bad has happened so. You just didn't get around to it. She should've responded to your text though, the only person that doesn't reflect well on is her. I'd say you can either take the silence as a no or try once more .If you do, give her a ring or drop round and ask her.

Good luck. If she doesn't say yes she's missing out, you've gone to lots of effort,you sound pretty decent. There'll be someone else along who appreciates you if it's not this girl . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Well nothing bad has happened so. You just didn't get around to it. She should've responded to your text though, the only person that doesn't reflect well on is her. I'd say you can either take the silence as a no or try once more .If you do, give her a ring or drop round and ask her.

Good luck. If she doesn't say yes she's missing out, you've gone to lots of effort,you sound pretty decent. There'll be someone else along who appreciates you if it's not this girl . :)

Stalker much? 'Hi im the guy whose text you didnt respond to, now im at your door asking you if you will go out with me?' sounds like a plan alright. OP she sounds like shes either up herself or just not interested, id move on.

• Advertisement

Stalker much? 'Hi im the guy whose text you didnt respond to, now im at your door asking you if you will go out with me?' sounds like a plan alright. OP she sounds like shes either up herself or just not interested, id move on.

Oh ,myself I'd probably avoid someone over the not replying incident.

I am just hoping on the OPs behalf that it's a text gone astray or something. If he's unsure the best way to get proper closure is just to ask straight out and risk a no to the face.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

sounds like the girl turned down the invite to the date (not replying to the text).

it sounds like it was her idea to go to karma and it wasnt a date and she 100% didnt think it was a date.
    maybe the text took her by surprise being asked out by, 1) a text message and 2) being asked out after what sounds like a bad time in karma with the scottish guy.

keesa wrote: »
    Just to be clear, did you specifically ask her out to the student thing, or did you just go, and she also went? If so then it doesn't count. I wouldn't really bring someone to Karma for a date... You have to be careful about not making it seem you just want to have sex with her.

Sorry will be clearer, it was a planned student night for our class, where we as a group went out for drinks, I dont think I come across as wanting to have sex
    swiftman wrote: »
    sounds like the girl turned down the invite to the date (not replying to the text).

it sounds like it was her idea to go to karma and it wasnt a date and she 100% didnt think it was a date.
    maybe the text took her by surprise being asked out by, 1) a text message and 2) being asked out after what sounds like a bad time in karma with the scottish guy.
    Yeah I figured that, the night in Karma wasnt a date, I had planned on asking her that night before we went clubbing but couldnt due to Scottish guy but it was still a good night out, just everytime we were alone he came from nowhere to stop it.

Alas it wasnt meant to be

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Is there any chance she didn't receive your text? Maybe she has lost her phone, etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Any chance you'll see her again in college or something? You could just bring the text up in conversation and see what she thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Is there any chance she didn't receive your text? Maybe she has lost her phone, etc...?

Oh don't open up that crazy door. Crazy women talk.

She got the text, didn't reply because she wasn't interested and is too much of a coward and doesn't have the decency to say so.

Advertisement