Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landowner Permission..

Options
  • 17-04-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Just looking for a bit of direction on this, so please be gentle with me.

I've put a deposit down, done the competency course, and I'm completing the form to drop into the station, but on the form (Part 5.2) It only indicates one landowner ?

Also it indicates that written permission must be included from landowner - is there a standard type permission letter that's used ?

Should I be looking for One or Two Landowners to sign a letter ?

Thanks in advance for the advice folks...

Junior

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

1 would be ok but the more the better just make sure there is at least 100 acres. The letter is just something simple saying I name address(of land owner) give name address (you) permission to shoot my lands for vermin, game or whatever you are after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Don't fill in section 5.2 it is for a Limited certificate which means you will only be covered to shoot on the land written on the form if you get more permissions in the future you would'nt be covered to shoot on them because you would only hold a limited cert, unless that is what you want but i never see the point in it. Write out a letter and have the land owner sign it and include their contact details etc.. and attach it to the fca1.:) There are templates on here if you search for previous threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

1 would be ok but the more the better just make sure there is at least 100 acres. The letter is just something simple saying I name address(of land owner) give name address (you) permission to shoot my lands at ADDRESS,comprising of 100 acres(or whatever) for vermin, game or whatever you are after

GP,sorry for hijacking your advise but I would also put in the bit that I have highlighted just as a "belt and braces" job.
    I'd agree about the more landowners the better,particularly on a first application as it tells the Super that the farmers trust you.
    Then I'd just copy everything and make an appointment to meet the Firearms Officer and go through the application with him/her to make sure that they are happy with everything.
    Best of luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

juice1304 wrote: »
    Don't fill in section 5.2 it is for a Limited certificate ................

Good man Juice. Well spotted. A mistake too many lads make.

To OP. Tick the box for hunting, and simply supply two, three (or as many) land permissions as you can on separate sheets of paper.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Cass wrote: »
    Good man Juice. Well spotted. A mistake too many lads make.

To OP. Tick the box for hunting, and simply supply two, three (or as many) land permissions as you can on separate sheets of paper.

Quick question on that. I think I put in my gun club into this section and address was some of the gun club land. Should I try get it amended in case they try tie me to only shooting gun club land wit the gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I would ask them to check it on to make sure and change it if needs be. It only takes one jobsworth to ruin your day and cause unnecessary trouble over a simple mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Junior

Thanks Guys, letter drafted up and printed off, just waiting to hear back on what time suits some people to call round.

Appreciate the help.

Advertisement