Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live?

Options
  • 17-04-2013 8:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Looking at maybe doing a course in IADT and wondring what is the cheapest place to live, commutable from the college, which isn't mental expensive but also isn't a dump?

I was thinking it was probably going to be north of the river on the dart line or maybe even out as far as bray on the south side?

I will be cycling 99% of the time but would like the option of a bus/dart route if the weather is exceptionally ****e or I have an injury/whatever at any stage.

Thinking €350 would be about my max budget for a room, is it doable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Not sure of prices TBH but I do know that a lot of IADT students have moved to Phibsboro and the North Circular Road area as the 46a bus now runs there. Cheaper rent and a regular bus route to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭JaneWillow

it might be an idea to look into letting a house with some other people who are going to study at iadt. it seems to sometimes be cheaper to do things that way. (i'm applying for film at iadt)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭JaneWillow

there for example: http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1306493
    1000e for 3 rooms.

Advertisement