Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Landing Dublin Airport today?

• 17-04-2013 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

I was driving by Dublin Airport today at about 6pm and there were many fire trucks near the runway with blue lights flashing. Then an Aer Lingus aircraft landed normally and the fire trucks followed it into the terminal and all seemed fine with the aircraft... Maybe it's nothing out of the ordinary but I just thought I'd share it with the experts here! There were also Dublin Fire Brigade trucks and ambulances waiting at the end of the runway...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭airman737

microsim wrote: »
    I was driving by Dublin Airport today at about 6pm and there were many fire trucks near the runway with blue lights flashing. Then an Aer Lingus aircraft landed normally and the fire trucks followed it into the terminal and all seemed fine with the aircraft... Maybe it's nothing out of the ordinary but I just thought I'd share it with the experts here! There were also Dublin Fire Brigade trucks and ambulances waiting at the end of the runway...

With the low quality feed on live ATC, it's very difficult to hear whats happening at EIDW. Within the next few hours someone should provide information about what happened. Unusual to see Ambulances unless the aircraft encountered bad turbulance causing multiple injuries, which has happened numerous times before. If it was technical/mechanical, Ambulances wouldn't be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Lots of flights diverting / circling now....ATC feed is down :(

Didn't realise the wind was that bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

when its actually up, can someone tell me where I can listen to the ATC feed?

tnx

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

keith16 wrote: »
    Lots of flights diverting / circling now....ATC feed is down :(

Didn't realise the wind was that bad....

See what you mean. Looks like 2 heading for shannon (it's gusty as hell down here too) and another 4 back across the irish sea. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

when its actually up, can someone tell me where I can listen to the ATC feed?

tnx
    Here:
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

Nothing is landing at the moment..

About 8 flights holding, 2 Ryanair flights went to SNN, a couple of EI went back over the Irish sea and there's a Ryanair flight circling over Cork too

• Advertisement

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Here:
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw

Nothing is landing at the moment..

Can't add a screenshot from phone (it's new and i'm thick), but fr24 showing 3 more diversions heading towards glasgow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

few gone to Belfast, lots circling, around 9.

1 given up from Brussels headed back to Liverpool

Ryanair circling around Cork too - I'd hate to be in a plane tonight:eek:.
    Oops - sorry Nimrod. You just pointed that out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The wind is worse in the West, why would you divert to Shannon?

Listening to Charlestown Knock ATC I think. Some activity on that ATC.

They said that there is only 5 spaces left in Shannon.

Manchester is taking diversions, a Birmingham Shamrock turned around and landed there and looks like another from Brussels.

• Advertisement

hmmm wrote: »

Wind is right down the runway according to ATC.

hmmm wrote: »

Some diverting to Glasgow too...not sure if the wind is just as bad there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Did a Qatar A330 just take off from 28??

Looks like EI679 is coming in..or is it diverting to Shannon

Edit: It's climbing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

There have also been aircraft returning to stand unable to depart. Quatar 6042 (diversion) just got off 28 having been lined up waiting for a long time for an acceptable wind. Their limit was 230 with gusts to 52....

Edit just to add, tower controller had to get a spot wind on the phone from the met office as the reported wind is a 2 minute average and was always out of limits...

NoDrama wrote: »
    Wind is right down the runway according to ATC.

What does that mean? Is the wind directly in line with the runway? How does that make landing conditions difficult?

Sorry if that sounds a bit stupid, but is it due to the gusty nature of the wind meaning you could have sudden uncontrolled drops in altitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Looks like EI529 is going to Cork or Manchester (going round & round Greystones at min)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

A couple of Ryanair planes circling over Dublin as well. I presume this confirms the Spanish press are talking complete nonsense about Ryanair not having sufficient fuel and issuing maydays all the time?

yea looks like EI67x heading to Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Did a Qatar A330 just take off from 28??

Looks like EI679 is coming in..or is it diverting to Shannon

Edit: It's climbing
    Looks like Shannon, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

EIN639 from brussels was circling just outside dublin looks like its landing in Manchester just now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

I am waiting to pick someone up coming from Glasgow to Dublin. FR777, listening to the wind here in Swords I don't think they'll be landing here tonight

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Looks like Shannon, isn't it?

Yup 2 EI and FR flight heading down to Shannon

Cork has 4 flights circling now too

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Several aircraft seem now to be heading south-west now after leaving the Dublin holding pattern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

Manchester is now full, EI Ops instructing a/c to divert to Glasgow or Edinburgh

Edit: and a company NOTAM precludes Belfast for diversions...

Looks like a few that were holding north or south over irish sea leaving the hold for diversions. There's a few more dublin bound yet, pity the atc guys. Presume it's wind and nothing more serious given the qatar 330 got out a few mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

EIN627 EIN529 look to be headed to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭dublinbusdude

EI627 looks like going Belfast now

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

phonypony wrote: »
    Manchester is now full, EI Ops instructing a/c to
    Edit: and a company NOTAM precludes Belfast for diversions...

Surely with all the diversion airports being filled up pilots will just ignore that company notam and divert there, no? Exceptional circumstances and all that.

Reports that SNN, ORK, NOC, MAN all filled and can take no more aircraft...

• Advertisement

keith16 wrote: »
    What does that mean? Is the wind directly in line with the runway? How does that make landing conditions difficult?

Sorry if that sounds a bit stupid, but is it due to the gusty nature of the wind meaning you could have sudden uncontrolled drops in altitude?

I'm like yourself, only quoted what ATC mentioned to the AI coming into Cork, I would suspect that yes that the wind is directly in line with the runway.

Looks like another 2 are coming into Shannon and Manchester.

I say tomorrows schedule will be all over the place for the airlines.

You can hear some ATC here if interested.

Advertisement