Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Landing Dublin Airport today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Things are looking better.

Just a green in the middle pocket followed two blues left

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

So 53 landed?

"We finally made it"
    "Welcome to Dublin"

Relieved people all round I am sure.

So 53 landed?

Aye, second time around.

Thank you very much for the stream Mech11. Without it we wouldn't have been whooping AH tonight haha.

I am off to bed now, best wishes to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aud29

bbk wrote: »
    Aye, second time around.

Can u see EI357

Aud29 wrote: »
    Can u see EI357

Landed =) That was EI-DEM, which I have for some reason grown fond of haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Ok guys and girls, i'm off to bed work in the morning. Will leave the stream up, but your back to the ladder or something else in the garden. Interesting night.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Mech1 wrote: »
    Ok guys and girls, i'm off to bed work in the morning. Will leave the stream up, but your back to the ladder or something else in the garden. Interesting night.

Thanks, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Senderos20

Take it with you or I'll remain up all night! Cheers for the stream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

This feed is great! You don't get so much company chatter in the LiveATC feeds. AerLingus have a blocked sink in a forward lavatory! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Funny listening to what must be EI's tech frequency with someone asking someone to fix the toilet, some passenger lights and saying someone opened the "diversion envelope" and being asked to contact the "library" instead. Whats that like instructions of what to do when you divert?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Good few EI flights cancelled:delayed this morning. FR seem to be operating as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭eddiejn

just read this thread now ... and i think the best one here to date

reads like it was the grand national

amazing stuff

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah good morning folks, everything seems to be landing this morning. Only A330s all over DUB at the moment.

A Qatar A330 just landed, EY and EI from Boston coming in and an EI A330 just took off.

Off to start my day with 4 hours of sleep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

We had 105 listeners to my stream at one point last night, thats great:D

We had 105 listeners to my stream at one point last night, thats great:D

It was hard to get away from the computer last night, the stream was really informative, many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭flanzer

I bailed out of this thread at 23:30 last night, but I've just read the whole thing back and I'm in flithers laughing.

Fair play to those who posted some of the hilarious comments. You've really brightened up my day.

Aviation doesn't have to be about anoraks! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

This was great craic last night...hence why im still trying to get meself our of bed for my 11am lecture...ugh..better go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Im fecken raging i missed this thread last night!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

lads was with ye til 2am last night. Cheers for the info. Watched Flight 447 on Youtube after browsing yer forum. Frightening stuff. But very interesting forum lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Great gas listening to Shannon on live atc last night, trying to get planes parked up around the Airport was great, the guys played a blinder moving them around, I wonder how many went into Shannonit was non stop for a while, they said they had no more room there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As a nervous flier following this thread last night along with ATC was actually very reassuring to see how routine everything is

Have a question about the flightradar website. I've tried it on safari, chrome and Firefox and every time I click the cockpit view it doesn't work and a pop up screen displays the message "The google API key used on this website was registered for a different web site. The developer of this website can generate a new key here".

Am I doing something wrong? My google earth plugin is up to date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭TheChizler

faceman wrote: »
    As a nervous flier following this thread last night along with ATC was actually very reassuring to see how routine everything is

Have a question about the flightradar website. I've tried it on safari, chrome and Firefox and every time I click the cockpit view it doesn't work and a pop up screen displays the message "The google API key used on this website was registered for a different web site. The developer of this website can generate a new key here".

Am I doing something wrong? My google earth plugin is up to date

My problem is I'm on Mac OS 10.5.8 so I can't update to the current version of google earth. Might that be the case? When you go to the update site is says everything is up to date but that might not necessarily be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Knew this would be an interesting thread last night, but too lazy to log on from my comfy bed to check it out. Posted on the weather forum that my house was right under the approach for the airport by Hollystown and was listening to the several attempts at landings. I could hear the planes come over with their engines howling away and a minute or two later the roar as they aborted the landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It's quite amusing that this is one of the busiest and best threads ever in this forum with 650+ posts.... And about 3 of them are on topic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

OK fun stuff over, now the boring question, if the winds were too bad for landing on 10/28 why wasn't 16/34 attempted?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

flazio wrote: »
    OK fun stuff over, now the boring question, if the winds were too bad for landing on 10/28 why wasn't 16/34 attempted?

The winds were coming from 220, which is 60 degrees off 28 but also 60 degrees off 16, meaning the x-wind component blowing across both was the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Razor44

Would I be right in saying lastnight conditions wouldn't have been as big a problem with the old main runway, 5/23 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Jaysus lads....what happened last night?
    Hows tonight looking?

Advertisement