Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Landing Dublin Airport today?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

keith16 wrote: »
    Replays are inconclusive.

Actually, did you know you can replay flightradar24 and speed it up?

Try it for last night and relive every glorious landing in HD. Live. Okey doke.

Yeah it's great but note that the time they use is UTC and we're on Irish Summer Time at the moment or UTC+1 so their replay of our 1:00 would be 00:00.

Not sure if you can change it to be honest..I've been living with that annoying part for a few years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Yeah it's great but note that the time they use is UTC and we're on Irish Summer Time at the moment or UTC+1 so their replay of our 1:00 would be 00:00

No matter how many times I watch EI565, I still think he is gonna do it. Maybe the pilot forgot to change the airplane settings back from UTC?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

LiveATC is supposed to be getting their DUB feed back up soon. SNN is probably better at night anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Guy's, I followed this until 2 last night, I never even knew you could not only track the aircraft but cockpit view and audio aswell! I'm hooked :-) well done to all for posting the links

really do you have a link ?

pm. wrote: »
    really do you have a link ?

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Select aircraft and click cockpit view at the bottom of the sidebar

• Advertisement

Titan Airways 737 operating an Aer Lingus EIN485 flight from Dublin at the moment.

I think 2 other Titan Airways and an ACL 737 was flying EI routes today. I know EI use Titan and ACL for charters but 4 aircraft in one day, surely this is to cover for yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Titan Airways 737 operating an Aer Lingus EIN485 flight from Dublin at the moment.

I think 2 other Titan Airways and an ACL 737 was flying EI routes today. I know EI use Titan and ACL for charters but 4 aircraft in one day, surely this is to cover for yesterday?

Yes covering many aircraft didn't arrive back until this afternoon because crew were out of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭ShanE90

A very orderly line up for RWY34 at EIDW tonight unlike last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I'm well happy they got their exciting night out of the way before the missus flies in on saturday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

This one just made sky news...

• Advertisement

ShanE90 wrote: »
    A very orderly line up for RWY34 at EIDW tonight unlike last night!

1000 to 1500ft over the North Eastern suburbs, unfortunately some people won't be too happy about that :D

If it was over my house, the lower the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Mech1 wrote: »
    We had 105 listeners to my stream at one point last night, thats great:D

I bet I was the furthest away!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Select aircraft and click cockpit view at the bottom of the sidebar

I get this message when I select cockpit view...

The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. The developer of this web site can generate a new key here.

Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

imfml wrote: »

The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. The developer of this web site can generate a new key here.

Any suggestions?

I get the same. I guess you're a Mac user too? Someone mention it earlier the thread.

Any suggestions?

Try some suggestions mentioned here:

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/3923-Cockpit-View-error-The-Google-Maps-API-key-used-on-this-website-was-registered

Do you have the latest Google Earth plug in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

pclancy wrote: »
    I bet I was the furthest away!

That must be some feckin aerial on boards.ie HQ.

Thats how it works isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Any suggestions?

A few others mentioned that too, I clicked on first time with no problems using chrome, hope you sort it cos as a newbie to all this, it's really interesting

Yes, on a Mac. Thanks for the suggestions will report back if I solve it. Curious to see what cockpit view looks like!

Updating the Google Earth plugin fixed it - thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I have latest version of Earth and the plug-in yet I can't get the actual landing in cockpit view. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is?
    Thanks Mech for the entertainment the other night!

• Advertisement

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I have latest version of Earth and the plug-in yet I can't get the actual landing in cockpit view. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is?
    Thanks Mech for the entertainment the other night!

Google Earth also told me my plugin was up to date, but the troubleshooting forum suggested that it may say that incorrectly. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Earth to get cockpit view working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Google Earth also told me my plugin was up to date, but the troubleshooting forum suggested that it may say that incorrectly. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Earth to get cockpit view working.

Cockpit veiw is working fine for me, I just can't get a landing, it goes off just before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Careful here.

You're being watched in post 5. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Lapin wrote: »
    Careful here.

You're being watched in post 5. ;)

Just trying to spread the word, Lapin ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

LaVail wrote: »

Hmmm, something not quite right about that, mass skip of frames at the end.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

devnull wrote: »

Plus it doesn't look like a bad landing, just a crosswind one.
    This one has been seen many times, but is always worth a look (despite the sensational name on the video):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭phonypony

devnull wrote: »

It's a timeline of still shots rather than a video , hence no sound

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

LaVail wrote: »

Despite all our modern accouterments and digital technology, amateur video editing hasn't really advanced that much since the 1970s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Hmmm, something not quite right about that, mass skip of frames at the end

but a perfect crosswind landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

somebody posted before that the Boeing 737 is better equipped to land in wind than an A320...is this correct?

Advertisement