Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Landing Dublin Airport today?

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

somebody posted before that the Boeing 737 is better equipped to land in wind than an A320...is this correct?

Don't know, it's much lower than an a320 so there's not much room for error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭urajoke

You decide which copes better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Busy time at the moment in Dublin, 9 planes on approach which is alot for a short space of time, all should be on the ground in the next 10 or 15 mins.

theres a thompson flight from manchester, i assume this is a doing an aerlingus backlog flight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Busy time at the moment in Dublin, 9 planes on approach which is alot for a short space of time, all should be on the ground in the next 10 or 15 mins.

theres a thompson flight from manchester, i assume this is a doing an aerlingus backlog flight?

Thomason operate from DUB on weekends during the winter and it comes from MAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

amen wrote: »
    but a perfect crosswind landing.

Is it though?

I thought that in a crosswind landing like that, there would be heavy right rudder just before touchdown to line up with the runway and reduce lateral load on the main landing gear.

I didn't see any, but maybe that's just the way the video is a stop motion video..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Massive structural loading landing a jet sideways in a x wind. Having said that look up u tube of Boeing and airbus doing max cross wind demos at Keflavik re certification and those buoys don't even attempt to kick off the drift.

In my world if your any good, you decend as far as you dare and then kick in rudder to maintain the runway axis as the mains touch. If it works as planned its sweet.....otherwise it's a lurch and a fair bit of rudder work maintaining directional control.

http://youtu.be/wY-qMRwuMJc

This jockey is handy....text book stick and rudder stuff.

Another 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

z77AQGP.png didn't havetime to go to the viewing point but got to test ar modeon the flight scanner app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

I have the Android version of that app and the AR Mode is not worth a shíte. Completely off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Flier

I think he over cooked the turn onto finals a bit. That was one crazy airport to land!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I came across this...................I dont even know....

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

^^^^
    Belongs in the WTF thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

^^^^

Luvin the FEDEX "departing to Memphis Tennessee"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Suasdaguna1

Flier wrote: »
    I think he over cooked the turn onto finals a bit. That was one crazy airport to land!

Very easy to do or was. It's mandated one flew into a certain dme towards the checker board before turning final. With a roaring tailwind up your chuff it was next nigh impossible to be lined up perfectly on short finals.

When they moved airport many a pilot breathed a massive sigh of relief.....it was a crazy and dangerous approach which resulted in many a dramatic landing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

It's now used for light aircraft and mid week remote control planes believe it or not.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

flazio wrote: »
    3 EI flights out already cancelled tonight but that maybe due to aircraft being out of position.

Was chatting to a mate...he tells me that 2/3 of the EI fleet were out of position on Thursday morning. Hence all the early morning canellations.
    And because of the long duty days the flight crew had on the Wednesday they were unable to get them 'home' till the afternoon. (crew rest being equal to duty time)

Advertisement