Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pallas Lake?

Options
  • 17-04-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Opens first of may anyone on here fish this lake? or could give me any pointers? thinking of joining it this year anyone no how much for the season?.

I would be a novice when it comes to fly fishing i wont lie:) but looking to get in to it in a big way this year and what better then to try a lake not to far from me. any tips or advice would be great:D

Any must fly's to get for the 1st?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

all you need to fish here is a srfb permit/license (e39-e40) per year. you don't need to join the club, although joining a club is probably the best way for a novice to get to know the water their fishing.
    if you do join the club you will still need to buy the srfb permit/license.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Fished there twice last year and I have to say it has gone to the dogs. Unless they have topped it up with fish I wouldn't bother, lots of jack pike is all I saw. Head down the road to Cloghan instead, €15 for a day ticket and has a lot more fish but not as much charm :P

Although last time I was at Cloghan I blanked too but it was reaaally cold......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭dvae

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Although last time I was at Cloghan I blanked too but it was reaaally cold......... :D

i thought it was just me. its always cold in Cloghan. must be cos its so open.

Advertisement