Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flogas LPG

Options
  • 17-04-2013 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My Flogas charges (lpg with onsite tank storage) always seem higher than I expect and I've asked about it but I've never been satisfied with the replies. My house is very well insulated and I have a condenser boiler, very high spec hot water tank etc. I share a tank with a number of other houses and we all have a meter.

I'd be very interested in experiences or views of others on my experience as the whole Flogas costings seems anything but open and transparent. I'm not sure if everyone pays the same for example. So here are my concerns.

1. Why do we pay a meter charge when Flogas have the economy of only one tank for multiple houses? If I had my own tank, I presume I'd only pay for the gas fills and have no meter and Flogas would have to call to fill multiple tanks, each as required by the needs of individual houses. I think our shared tank currenly sends a signal to Flogas when it needs to be topped up , so it's pretty efficient. 2. Do all people pay the same meter charge? Ours is .2301 cents a day. How did we get to a daily charge and why? It all seems a bit off. A daily charge? Come on. 3. Do all customers pay the same rate for gas? We paid 107.5 cubic meter plus vat on our last bill which came to €411.54 and last two bills have both been €600 oddl. It should be much more transparent. 4. I've heard that in Northern Ireland, if you want to move gas suppliers, the new supplier can take over the tank etc i.e. the current supplier cannot make it difficult by saying you have to change your tank etc over too. Has anyone any knowledge or thoughts on this. The Northern Ireland model would make sense here too, if ours is a competitive market or attempting to be. Flogas have told me it doesn't apply in the Republic. 5. Does any agency check the meters for accuracy? In a petrol station, weights and measures regularly check readings of the pumps against the actual volume of fuel dispensed. Is this done on the Flogas meters and are these checks available for consumers? If no checks are made as above, does Flogas check the gas delivered to the tank against the total charged through the meters over time to ensure that the two agree? If so, is this available for the consumer? 6. Is it worth considering a move to calor? 7. Flogasr have told me that their replacement cycle for meters is 10 years and then they said 18 years when I questioned it. Anyone else had equipment replaced by Flogas?

And finally how come LPG consumers can't avail of prepaid metres like natural gas consumers can?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Advertisement