Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitting a full exhaust system

• 17-04-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Alright lads

After ordering a full system for my bike just waiting on it to be delivered

Tonight i had planned on removing the old system, it didnt happen though:rolleyes:

Tbh i dont think il be able to do it myself its very awkward with the rad in the way of the old header bolts etc

Il be looking for somebody to fit the system if any of yous have any recommendations for me and a rough idea of the cost around the Wicklow/ Dublin area

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

It's easy enough just take your time and remember where everything goes.

You might be able to unmount the radiator and shift it up enough to get at the header bolts.

Let the engine warm up before you take the header bolts out, will make it easier to get them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

It's handy enough Darren, just drop the rad and whip off the header bolts. It really is handy to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What's your bike, OP? It's a piece of piddle more often than not as long as you're patient and the bolts are rotten. It will take a while and lots and lots of WD40. You'll need new exhaust gaskets and a tub of copper grease when refitting the bolts. It's all basic hand tools usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You should be able to get it done Darren on the new GSXR, get someone to take a video of the parts coming out so you can look back if you get stuck. Worst case scenario throw Mick a few €€€ and he fly over to you and sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Darren, if you are stuck at all for an extra couple of hands you can give me a shout, don't think the 5 minute walk around would kill me :D

Might not be much help but at least I could hold things in place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

dont swing out of the studs - if they aint budging, another night having them swimming in wd40 is preferable to stud extractors :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

plus gas is what you want for header bolts, far better than wd40.

KGrHqVlUE-5G7iWzpBP6GCoQiww60_35_zpscdab9677.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

As said once its not a Ducati panigale you should be grand. It takes something like 5 hours to change the system in them as you have to dismantle the whole bike. No frame ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Alright lads

After ordering a full system for my bike just waiting on it to be delivered

Tonight i had planned on removing the old system, it didnt happen though:rolleyes:

Tbh i dont think il be able to do it myself its very awkward with the rad in the way of the old header bolts etc

Il be looking for somebody to fit the system if any of yous have any recommendations for me and a rough idea of the cost around the Wicklow/ Dublin area

Check youtube or your bikes forums. Someone is bound to have put a procedure up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

As the others have said plenty of WD40/Pure gas on the header bolts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

plus gas is what you want for header bolts, far better than wd40.

yep, plus gas is the business

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Thanks for all the replys and tips lads

Bit of an update here, the new system arrived today delighted with it, the build quality of it is 2nd to none

Slight prob is that there is nowhere to screw the o2 sensor in to

I looked at getting an o2 simulator but when i read up about it i dont think they are the best idea

Gave lookbehindyou (mick) a call and he put me on the right track, a friend of his Gizmo400 is going to weld in the treaded part for the o2 sensor and fit the new system while he has it at his place

Couldnt have worked out better tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Gizmo will see you right. Great head and his work is excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Soundman wrote: »
    Gizmo will see you right. Great head and his work is excellent.

Top man at the exhaust work alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Aye, Gizmo is the best around.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Nice one, what system did you go for?

Advertisement