Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heroes Reborn [NBC] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

+1 on Robert Knepper....despite huge overacting and him hamming it up/scene stealing etc. he was the strongest part of season 4.

Fuller was involved in the first 8 or 9 episodes of season 4 before he quit....as it turns out those were the best episodes of season 4.

From season 3 the episode featuring Nikki called "Cold Snap" is generally regarded as the best episode of season 3....and one of the best of the series.

That was also written by Fuller....its generally accepted by fans/critics that Fuller was the brains behind this. Kring had a premise, he had bullet points laid out for a season....but it was the writing staff that filled in the blanks and did all the heavy lifting.

I just hope Kring assembles a respected and staffers known for quality Sci-Fi writing for the reboot.

It was great at the time, as you watched to see how many heroes Sylar would collect & everyone trying to save the cheerleader, but sadly fell to a limp finale & never recovered, as i kept up with it so far, but he finally caught up with the cheerleader & took another dive again?

I thought even with Robert Knepper (Teabag) on S04 would raise the bar, but sadly he was the only one holding it up.

Afaik, the Beeb were the only station/network that had an additional show after each ep with interviews & tidbits on the cast.

Btw what are the rest of the cast doing, afaik HaydenP is on Nashville

Before there was Netflix, it was the dearest thing to buy & that was just for Vol1 Pt1 for £26, until someone posted here on Amz US for $18.

That said Kring should leave it over to someone younger, as with his record on shows to date with the woeful Touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Ikr.
    They go 20 episodes setting up this great storyline, then it ends in 2 really, really badly.
    I gave it the benefit on the doubt during the writer's strike in season 2, but 3 was just terrible.

Hopefully Kring is less involved.

+1....yup, Sylar being amazing dark/evil....killing hero after hero gathering powers all to stop the destruction of New York, 20 episodes of build up.....and then?

:rolleyes:

In casting news....Robert Knepper will return!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/25/robert-knepper-heroes-reborn/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Quarter of the way thru S3 of my rewatch of this and it's still as dodgy as I remember. Enjoyable at the same time. Matt Parkman is still the same insufferable oaf I so detested about this first time round.
    jenjenten wrote: »
    In casting news....Robert Knepper will return!!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/25/robert-knepper-heroes-reborn/

I reckon Robert Knepper isn't doing a whole lot these days. Absolutely loved him in Prison Break as T-Bag. Star of the show IMO. Haven't seen him in a whole lot since Heroes tbh bar maybe RIPD, which the kids loved :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

pajopearl wrote: »
    Quarter of the way thru S3 of my rewatch of this and it's still as dodgy as I remember. Enjoyable at the same time. Matt Parkman is still the same insufferable oaf I so detested about this first time round.

I always loved how he used to violently twitch his head every time he used his power. I thought he was going to snap his own neck at some stage.

Kinda like the Wessen do in Grimm at the moment. That's getting a bit old now at this stage too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I forgot all about that character. Annoyed me as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I reckon Robert Knepper isn't doing a whole lot these days. Absolutely loved him in Prison Break as T-Bag. Star of the show IMO. Haven't seen him in a whole lot since Heroes tbh bar maybe RIPD, which the kids loved :rolleyes:

he was in a cancelled show called Cult and was the baddy of the week this week in Arrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what really annoyed me was they built up these characters and plotlines in the future with Hiro, Sylar and Peter and then just totally ignored them and created a new baddy in s4

Skerries wrote: »
    he was in a cancelled show called Cult and was the baddy of the week this week in Arrow

He's never off the bloody TV and has been popping up in loads of films and was recently cast in the upcoming Hunger Games sequels. Out if all the cast he's the only one whose been consistently appearing on our screens

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    what really annoyed me was they built up these characters and plotlines in the future with Hiro, Sylar and Peter and then just totally ignored them and created a new baddy in s4

No choice in that I'd say, given that they stopped the future from happening, so an alternate future was needed
    He's never off the bloody TV and has been popping up in loads of films and was recently cast in the upcoming Hunger Games sequels. Out if all the cast he's the only one whose been consistently appearing on our screens

No doubt he's a brilliant guest star, but my point was that he's not doing anything regular.

No doubt he's a brilliant guest star, but my point was that he's not doing anything regular.

He just had a new show Cult that go canceled and is appearing in a pilot or two this year so it's not like he's short of opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Milo Ventimiglia has announced that he will not appear in Heroes Reborn.

digitalspy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's it, I'm not gonna watch it then... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I remember watching this, I remember liking it, then I remember hating it, thats all I remember, in fact I forgotten it even existed until I saw this thread. I cannot believe it went on for 4 season, 4 seasons! For that reason unless it gets some seriously good reviews I will be giving this one a wide berth.

• Advertisement

Zachary Levi to Star in ‘Heroes Reborn’
    Even as creator Tim Kring offers a production update on Heroes Reborn, TV Line reports that Chuck veteran Zachary Levi will star in the NBC revival.

“There are a few franchises I’ve always wanted to be a part of, and Heroes is one of them,” Levi told the website. “Chuck gave me the opportunity to wield some fun powers, but an entire world with superpowers is a world I’ve always wanted to explore.”

No details have been revealed, but the 34-year-old actor is said to play a “key role.” Heroes veteran Jack Coleman is the only cast member of the 2006-2010 drama confirmed to be returning.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/01/16/zachary-levi-to-star-in-heroes-reborn/
    If you’re itching to return to the world of Heroes, you’ll have to wait until at least this summer.

Creator Tim Kring tells Zap2It that writers are already working on the NBC revival, Heroes Reborn, but production won’t begin for another couple of months.

“The train’s moving down the road,” Kring says. He wouldn’t comment on who might be returning to the series though. “I can’t announce anything. It’s all locked — it’s Fort Knox.” At this point, the only actor officially hopping back on the Heroes train is Jack Coleman, who played Noah Bennet.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/01/16/heroes-reborn-is-still-a-few-months-away-from-production/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That show built up to the showdown between Sylar and Peter and then cut away as they started to fight. I'll never forgive the director for that. I felt robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

lertsnim wrote: »
    That show built up to the showdown between Sylar and Peter and then cut away as they started to fight. I'll never forgive the director for that. I felt robbed.

I thought that was a stroke of genius..... Until they actually fought in the season finale and it was awful. If they'd done the cut away in Five Years Gone to further build up an awesome fight in the season finale, it woulda been completely acceptable. But then they shît on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Has anyone else heard about this? Heroes Reborn will be a miniseries reboot of Heroes. Jack Coleman is reprising his role from the original series, and Zachary Levi and Robbie Kay (the actor who played Peter Pan in Once Upon a Time) have been confirmed as cast members. There's also been talk of a digital prequel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_Reborn_%28TV_miniseries%29

I believe it's supposed to come out this fall, although it seems like very little is known at this point and shooting hasn't begun yet. Anyone looking forward to this?

• Advertisement

Has anyone else heard about this? Heroes Reborn will be a miniseries reboot of Heroes. Jack Coleman is reprising his role from the original series, and Zachary Levi and Robbie Kay (the actor who played Peter Pan in Once Upon a Time) have been confirmed as cast members. There's also been talk of a digital prequel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_Reborn_%28TV_miniseries%29

I believe it's supposed to come out this fall, although it seems like very little is known at this point and shooting hasn't begun yet. Anyone looking forward to this?

Couple of pages here on it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93872643

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads Merged.

Masi Oka Joins ‘Heroes Reborn’, Will Reprise Hiro Nakamura Role
    “I’m excited to return to my Heroes roots,” said Oka. “Hiro Nakamura was such an inspirational role to play, and I’m hoping the fans will enjoy seeing him back on TV.”

Added Heroes and Heroes Reborn creator/executive producer Tim Kring, “The character of Hiro Nakamura was such a huge part of the first series’ success, and a gigantic fan favorite. We felt the fans would really love seeing him back in action again.”

http://deadline.com/2015/03/masi-oka-cast-heroes-reborn-hiro-nakamura-1201400097/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I'm one of the few people that liked Heroes all the way through I imagine (though I did waver on season 3 part 2.). It was a fun show with some good characters. Probably let down by the fact that outside of Peter/Sylar it got hard to care toward the end because they were obviously the most powerful. Matt killed it really.

Still I'm happy to see this in the works. Really hope it's a fleshed out, character driven story...with powers! Season 1.2 basically.

Will be airing on Thursday nights before the Blacklist
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/10/nbc-schedule

From original creator Tim Kring, the supernatural phenomenon begins again with a fresh crop of inspiring heroes who take on the ultimate struggle between those with extraordinary abilities and those with nefarious motives to hunt and harness their powers. Epic adventures await these newly empowered allies as they cross paths with some of the original characters (such as the beloved “HRG” and fan-favorite time-traveler Hiro Nakamura), unlocking the mysterious fate of the universe and their place within it.

http://www.ksitetv.com/heroes/heroes-reborn-episode-1-title-photos-awakening/67036

NUP_168604_0894.JPG

NUP_168604_1456.JPG

NUP_168604_1965.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I liked Parkman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh not Parkman. I found him one of the most annoying characters. And those faces he pulled...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oh not Parkman. I found him one of the most annoying characters. And those faces he pulled...

Don't forget the constant head twitches when even he used his power. I'm surprised he didn't snap his own neck and paralyse himself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sorry but Sylar was worse. One expression. Even when he was dead, he had that one expression. He was worse than Zoolander!!
    Mind you, Zachary Quinto was perfect for that role...

Sendhil Ramamurthy will appear in a guest arc
    http://deadline.com/2015/06/sendhil-ramamurthy-joins-heroes-reborn-stan-lees-lucky-man-sky-1201435494/

and Orphan Black Alum Dylan Bruce (Paul)has a recurring role
    http://tvline.com/2015/05/26/heroes-reborn-dylan-bruce-cast/

Micah (Rebel) is to returning for the show and boy has he grown up.

http://www.ksitetv.com/heroes/heroes-reborn-noah-gray-cabey-returns-as-micah/68156
    From Heroes Season 3
    200px-Micah_Sanders.jpg

to Now
    Screen-Shot-2015-06-03-at-3.03.59-PM-217x300.png

o_O

mafaa wrote: »

Yeah IGN were talking about what happens in the trailer and mentioned one thing about Zac Levi's character,
    he's a bad guy

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/11/weve-seen-the-first-heroes-reborn-trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cristine Rose is returning as Angela Petrelli

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not a whole lot to get excited about from that promo, but do love me some Scala..

Heroes Reborn, the reboot of NBC's live-action superhero series, will be accompanied by the release of a mobile game called Heroes Reborn: Enigma and a current-generation console and PC game called Heroes Reborn: Gemini. Both will be developed by Chicago-based game studio Phosphor and teased at the San Diego Comic-Con on July 12.
    Enigma, built for both phones and tablets, will be a first-person action-puzzle game. Players will follow an evolved human character named Dahlia as she tries to escape from a secret government facility called The Quarry.

Gemini, destined for consoles as well as Mac and Windows PC, will follow Cassandra, "a young woman who is determined to solve the mysteries of her past while discovering her new powers," a press release states.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/07/08/2-heroes-reborn-games-will-act-as-prequels-to-the-show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow that game looks a tad ****e lol

• Advertisement

Heroes Reborn: Official Poster 'New Phenomenon'

heroesrb_firstlook_wcast.jpg?w=500&h=664

First episode of web prequel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was interesting.

The bit at the start was really well done. "You can skip this ad in 7 seconds...". :P

Well, that didn't stay online for long... it's now been ''blocked by NBC on copyright grounds''...

Yeah the web series could only be viewed using the heroes reborn app which is only on iphone and in america. There were youtube videos of all 6 episodes but they were taken down by NBC

• Advertisement
Advertisement