Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heroes Reborn [NBC] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah well... At least I got to see the first four... so thanks for posting that, in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Home wrote: »
    Ah well... At least I got to see the first four... so thanks for posting that, in any case.

Yeah didn't realize all 6 episodes were online until after they were taken down so only saw the first episode :(

Was able to finally see all 6 episodes of Dark Matter
    Quick summary for anybody interested in how it leads into Heroes Reborn
    -Phoebe can control Shadows
    -Evos are being discriminated all over the world
    -while at a protest against the university not giving scholarships to Evos she gets discovered
    -ends up getting registered as an Evo
    -at jobs fair company turns her down after finding out she is an Evo
    -Gut from Renautus gives her card saying that they hire Evos
    -Evos unity summit is organised at Odessa
    -Phoebe goes missing and her brother gets message from call phone in Odessa
    -At odessa a news report shows her been taken away by guy who gave her card
    -on the way to Summit bomb goes off
    -news report blames Mohinder and Phoebe is named as one of the Evos responsible
    -Few months later Quentin (her brother) is gone all conspiracy theorist and uploads video to HeroTruther
    -HeroTruther responds saying he can't help
    -Quentin goes undercover at Renautis with HeroTruther's help
    -Discovers that Renautis have taken over from Primatech
    -Quentin steals information on Coyote Sands, Noah Bennet and Walker System
    -Meets HeroTruther who shows evidence of Phoebe been held by Renautis
    -HeroTruther is revealed to be Micah
    -ambushed by Renautis and HeroTruther is captured
    -Quentin is on the run and is after finding Noah Bennet which leads right into Heroes Reborn
    [/LIST]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I hope when they say reborn they're not starting over from the beginning again??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ScumLord wrote: »
    I hope when they say reborn they're not starting over from the beginning again??

I gather it's set a few years after the events of the original show, where the world basically outlawed / ganged-up against those with powers and so those left are living underground.

pixelburp wrote:
    I gather it's set a few years after the events of the original show, where the world basically outlawed / ganged-up against those with powers and so those left are living underground.

Basically how mutants are treated in marvel comics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The prequel series was very good. I assume that there will be some overlap with the new series (the trailer for the main show has some scenes from the webisodes). They'll need to give some background to Quentin, Phoebe and
    the attack in Odessa

All 6 of the dark matter episodes are on the official Heroes youtube page now
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HeroesRebornNBC/videos

All 13 episodes will run with no repeats and the premiere will be 2 hours long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Dark Matter is great! On episode 5 now and it's top notch content. Hoping the series is in a similar vein.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Dark Matter is great! On episode 5 now and it's top notch content. Hoping the series is in a similar vein.

I watched 3 and gave up, thought they were ****e.

I watched 3 and gave up, thought they were ****e.

Ah well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I loved Dark Matter. Watched it 2x now! Anyway, they came out with another teaser for it today, with some short cast interviews as well:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Ah well!

I finished it, it's alright.

It'll be a good show if they have the budget to show abilities...and not flashing lights under doors like they ruined it with before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts tonight Stateside with a double episode.

I'm not going to use spoiler tags, so don't read it you haven't watched it yet.

It was interesting. I liked that it was acknowledging that the events of the previous season all took place- the "Evos" and the humans all living together in harmony, until the attack.

Loved the old characters popping up- the fat guy is the one that could control people's bodies, but I could be misremembering that? The Haitian. Molly is looking damn hot.

The girl that can turn into a video game is the only power that I don't really understand. Their powers are based on evolution, but digitization is a relatively new concept, so where exactly did that come out of? You can really tell they had a huge budget increase for the pilot, because damn that looked good.

Regardless of anything else, it was damn better than season 3 and 4 of the Heroes, but I still think Heroes season 1 is up there with the best TV in recent decades. Will definitely be tuning in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm not going to use spoiler tags, so don't read it you haven't watched it yet.

It was interesting. I liked that it was acknowledging that the events of the previous season all took place- the "Evos" and the humans all living together in harmony, until the attack.

Loved the old characters popping up- the fat guy is the one that could control people's bodies, but I could be misremembering that? The Haitian. Molly is looking damn hot.

The girl that can turn into a video game is the only power that I don't really understand. Their powers are based on evolution, but digitization is a relatively new concept, so where exactly did that come out of? You can really tell they had a huge budget increase for the pilot, because damn that looked good.

Regardless of anything else, it was damn better than season 3 and 4 of the Heroes, but I still think Heroes season 1 is up there with the best TV in recent decades. Will definitely be tuning in.

Really? The video game section was one of the worst looking pieces of TV I've ever seen. It was god awful. Really dragged the rest of the episode down. Rest wasn't exactly strong but was watchable at least.

titan18 wrote: »
    Really? The video game section was one of the worst looking pieces of TV I've ever seen. It was god awful. Really dragged the rest of the episode down. Rest wasn't exactly strong but was watchable at least.

When you compare it to what they had in Season 3 or 4, then it looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I thought it was awful. I won't be watching again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think it shows promise. I expect it would have been tough to follow if you had no knowledge of the original series.

I do agree with the reviews though - the new characters are pretty weak and uninteresting apart from Luke, Quentin and Miko.

found it good, didn't see the Molly Walker reveal coming though. The video game segment looked awful, would have been better if it looked more like an anime instead of 3d and does Miko actually have a power or is it the sword which looks like the one Hiro had. The whole Carlos finding out his brother was a vigilante and taking over reminded me of Simon in misfits becoming SuperHoody.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I was really excited about the web/YouTube previews they did. There was a great energy to themthem, with a real sense of mystery and intrigue. The brother came across as a self absorbed asshole but still believable and empathetic.

I thought se01e01e02 was a bit disappointing after that. It wasn't awful, but there was some of the same pacing issues that heroes always hadhad, and quite a few other problems. But overall it was somewhere between OK and pretty good.

One really promising thing is that they seem to have selected a specific character to have daddy issues. My biggest criticism of the last series was that it became swamped by every character having daddy issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

lertsnim wrote: »
    I thought it was awful. I won't be watching again.

I only got about 15 minutes in, and turned it off. Nothing about it makes me want to watch any more. I never did watch the last season, so I'm not really sure of what's going on, and maybe that's why I couldn't get with this. Season 3 had been terrible anyway, which was why I gave up on it back then. Thought this might be a good re-boot, that I might get in to, but it did nothing for me.

In the very last scene of the last series, Claire is fed up about being an outcast and running because of her powers, so she gets the attention of some news cameras, climbs up somewhere high, and jumps in front of them. It was pretty much a nice little nod to the first time we see her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Parts of it weren't bad, has potential. Obviously they couldn't get some actors back or maybe didn't want to, but I assumed Claire couldn't die at all, so why would they assume she died. Sylar and Peter...not mention? Although I do remember them turning Sylar into a joke.

I watched the first season recently again and it is very very good bar maybe the ending. I don't remember much about the last season or who lived and died.

The new characters could be ok, except for the the computer game part. That was so bad I was actually cringing. What the hell were they thinking with that nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Big heroes fan but couldn't even get through the first episode never mind the second, how did they manage to feck this up considering they had years to come up with an excellent chance to reboot the series, shameful waste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Watched the first episode yesterday and have to say I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the second episode.

Well..

This is just stupid. It absolutely does not have the same feeling as the previous series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Ah i watched all of the last Series.

Where is our Sylar and Peter our Yin and Yang.

Cast Spoiler
    Sylar is set to appear in 5 episodes, hopefully not bit parts

• Advertisement

Yeah, the best thing about Sylar (when he was evil) was that he was a magnificent villain. Zachary Quinto played him fantastically well and there's just nothing like that so far this time. There's nothing there of interest just yet. It does feel that they should have stuck with the comic book feel from the original first season. The powers were never that amazing, but at least they had the interesting characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I thought the premiere was eh, but the 3rd episode got better.

I'll keep watching, if only because now I'm invested enough that I want to see where Kring ends up taking all of this, and I really like Robbie Kay. There are some really interesting theories floating around already, especially about Miko.
    Apparently, some of the Japanese in the 3rd episode was loosely translated and what Harris actually said to Miko was, "You died." There's a theory that she isn't a human who can turn into a video game character, but rather a video game character who has come into the human world via her father's power.

It was just really stupid. The whole thing with digitizing Molly's powers made no sense. The cloning of Harris made no sense. The Korean video game guy is just annoyingly quirky and a real bad stereotype of the gamers in general. Just.. meh now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Not feeling it yet. I'll watch anything, but this just hasn't grabbed me. The teleporter is the only one that seems vaguely interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The guy with the beard is so gonna turn on HRG.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

Sure this show was already rebooted by the Wachowski's as 'Sense 8', I think that's the version I'll continue watching rather then this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

This is disappointing. I wasn't going to bother but the prequel episodes were very good and had a lot of the feel of the first series. The series itself though isn't working for me. It's convoluted, with weak characters and poorly plotted with all the various stories almost totally unconnected so far. It feels just like Heroes from season 2 onwards when I was hoping for them to recapture the magic of season 1. I'll probably watch a few more but it's really not grabbing my interest so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

How is this show for people who lost interest before the last season finished. Don think I watched the third season at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Well I was never a die hard Heroes fan - think I watched up to Season 3 and lost interest, but so far I am enjoying Reborn.
    I think it has potential - but then again it's too early to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

How is this show for people who lost interest before the last season finished. Don think I watched the third season at all really.

I loved the first season, right up until the very disappointing finale. I hung on watching until some point in season 3/4 when Nathan was rounding up all the powered people using some very heavy handed Guantanamo Bay prisoner imagery. I don't think you need to know what happened in the later series other than that at the end, Claire outs herself and the existence of powered people, to the world. The prequel webisodes do a great job of catching you up on what happened between then and the Reborn series. But so far the prequels are the highlight, imo, as the series isn't living up to their promise.

• Advertisement

Good episode with plenty of twists. The mobile game was launched this week along with a comic showing the origin of El Vengador.

I think it its getting worse, their are no characters to identify with. Hiro has been in 3 next episode previews now and still no sign of him.

It doesnt have a patch on the Original first season which i found brilliant bar a few little let downs.

Were they forced to write this season?

This show has reached Falling Skies level of awfulness.

The Japanese duo are impossible to watch.

Has the time difference been explained? I mean, looking back about Molly Walker, she was the young girl that Parkman saved in season one (?), but somehow she's an adult now, when, realistically, only.. 4 or so years have passed between them?

Unless I'm wrong.

Has the time difference been explained? I mean, looking back about Molly Walker, she was the young girl that Parkman saved in season one (?), but somehow she's an adult now, when, realistically, only.. 4 or so years have passed between them?

Unless I'm wrong.

5 years between s4 and Heroes Reborn. Roughly 3 years between s1 and s4. Meaning about 8 years have passed since "Genesis". Still not enough years...

Exactly. Didn't realize it had been 5 years between this and Genesis. Assumed it was a year after.

Molly Walker would be in her .. what .. late teens?

I'm guessing they're trying to pass her for 17/18.

The dialogue is horrendous, they've forgotten the storyline, the effects are brutal,
    are they deliberately trying to get this cancelled?
    Its a parody at this stage. How did this even get made?

• Advertisement

Also Fire Boy who can burn his bloody house down, but can't so much as cindge his clothes.

Advertisement