Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire X vs. Nokia Lumia 720

Options
  • 17-04-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi everyone. I'm in the market for a new phone and need some assistance! I'm with o2 prepay and don't want to spend any more than €300, ideally under €250 if I could. I've kind of narrowed it down to the HTC Desire X and the Nokia Lumia 720. I prefer the look of the Lumia and its 40 quid cheaper too, but I'm not too sure about the Windows app store. Would it be better to stick to the HTC and android? I'm mainly want it for internet browsing and apps such as twitter, whatsapp, viber, instagram etc...all the usual ones. Have ye any advice? Any alternative suggestions would be welcomed too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

Eimear811 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm in the market for a new phone and need some assistance! I'm with o2 prepay and don't want to spend any more than €300, ideally under €250 if I could. I've kind of narrowed it down to the HTC Desire X and the Nokia Lumia 720. I prefer the look of the Lumia and its 40 quid cheaper too, but I'm not too sure about the Windows app store. Would it be better to stick to the HTC and android? I'm mainly want it for internet browsing and apps such as twitter, whatsapp, viber, instagram etc...all the usual ones. Have ye any advice? Any alternative suggestions would be welcomed too :)

Can't help you in comparing those phones, but I'm wondering where you saw the 720 available in that price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

all the apps you mention are available on the Nokia with the exception of Instagram (but apparently it was leaked on Nokia Sweden's FB page that it is indeed coming sooner than later)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Queerdub

PaulieC wrote: »
    all the apps you mention are available on the Nokia with the exception of Instagram (but apparently it was leaked on Nokia Sweden's FB page that it is indeed coming sooner than later)

And currently there is an app for posting to Instagram. It's called Instagraph. Price 2.49.

For viewing Instagram etc there's Metrogram and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

I have a HTC desire x it is a pretty good phone and as well with the Google play app store you can access all the apps that you have in your post. I did have a nokia lumia 610 and it did not have all the major apps that my htc does have and plus in ran on windows 7 which was slow and crashed quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Can't say any of those options are great.

The HTC Desire X is overpriced if it's between €250-€300. For €180 you can get a superior Android phone running the latest version of the OS with 1GB of RAM and a dual core processor, more than enough to run Android. See the Acer Liquid. I would say this is one of the best value for money phones out there.

If you're considering Windows Phone, then why not look at the Lumia 520? To me, it represents much better value than the 620/720. In terms of chipsets, they both have the same CPU and memory but the 520 is nearly 1/3rd the price (O2 are selling it for €110).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The main drawback of the 520 is the lesser quality of the screen and camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

The Samsung ativ s is available for under €300 sim free from expansys atm. Think it might be a better buy than the 720. They also have an acer cloud for about €220 if you prefer android.

Advertisement