Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is 'vintage' bike stuff traded ?

• 17-04-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Back when I were a pup many bikes passed thru my hands. I still have the very first one ( 40+ years on ) and also other stuff ( spares & many many issues of 'Motorcycle Sport' magazine ). Of course its years since the wee bike got any exercise & I really should find it a ( good ) home.

Any suggestions where stuff like this is traded ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

done deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I'd say DD too. There's a dedicated classic bike section.

What's the bike out of curiosity? I'm a fan of the classics. I'm hoping to restore a classic Enfield in the not too distant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Would love to know what it is!

Also, out of interest, was there ever a trading section of this forum? Several of my other hobbies/interest on boards have their own dedicated FS section. Forgive me if this has been asked before. Just wondering. Always feels good to trade with fellow boards users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

classic bike show in taney towards the end of the year iirc
    and the VJMC is coming up start of next month (5th) - http://www.magireland.org/2013/news-media/meet-mag-ireland-at-the-vjmc-show-5th-may-dublin/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Old Bike Mart - popular in IRL too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Thanks for the suggestions.

Stupid question :

what is "classic bike show in taney" ?

& is it the Taney that is up from Dundrum ?

Olddog

Bike is a Kawasaki 90SS ( disc inlet valve 2 stroke ), grand for a YASI ( it was the cats PJs ) ignorant 16 YO.

All subsequent bikes have been older & brit....BSA, Triumph T90, Triumph TRW side valve.....but never had a RE

Advertisement