Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shopping centre in finglas in allsop sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't think there's even any empty units there...

The car park was recently resurfaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

The butchers was closed for a while, and the place next door to it, between it and Dunnes, is constantly changing. One week it's a greasy spoon, then an Indian, now they do pizzas for a euro.

The other Units are fine though, the tat shop does alright, the Newsagents with the short haired woman who picks a new hair colour every day and the chemist.

Around the corner has the chinese, the hairdressers (which I've no use for!) and the vegetable shop with the rudest man in the world working in it. The post office is always busy whenever I'm down there, and the hardware place seems to tick over.

I can't imagine many of those places would struggle to pay rent to the current owners.

It IS a bleedin horrible place though and could do with a bit of an overhaul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I wonder did the chemist see this coming and thats why they opened up the top shops incase new owners try increase rent. Or maybe it was just to catch business from the west who would normally go the village. I agree the place is a dump but it's handy to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Yeah, it's dead handy alright.

Never heard "the top shops" before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah, it's dead handy alright.

Never heard "the top shops" befor
    e.
    The shops beside the church where Tesco express is.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was wondering why they opened another chemist so close but this could explain it.

it is an awful kip but, as Slunk said, it is so handy.

that vegetable shop is unreal. i asked if he had any rocket one day, and he looked at me, as though i had 2 heads and said "there would be no call for that fancy food around here":confused::confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

1 & 2 Individual (t/a Finglas DIY)
    Retail Unit extending to 185.9 sq m (2,001 sq ft) (3) Holding over on an unexecuted lease. We are informed that a new lease has been agreed for a 4 year and 9 month lease on FRI terms €23,750 p.a.

3 Individual (t/a An Post)

Retail Unit extending to 73.1 sq m (787 sq ft) (3) 35 years from 27th May 1994. Rent review every 5th year. FRI terms €20,000 p.a.

4 Individual (t/a Young’s Chinese Takeaway)
    Retail Unit extending to 70.6 sq m (760 sq ft) (3) 35years from 23rd November 1993. Rent review every 5th year, FRI terms €22,400 p.a.

5 Individual (t/a Suttons Farm Fresh)
    Retail unit extending to 49.3 sq m (530 sq ft) (3) Holding over on a lease dated 1996. We are informed that a new lease has been agreed, for a
    5 year term on FRI terms €10,000 p.a.

6A Individual (t/a Paul’s Newsagent)
    Retail unit extending to 73.4 sq m (789 sq ft) (3) Holding over on a lease dated 20th September 1979. We are informed that a new lease has been agreed for a20 year term on IRI terms €14,250 p.a.

6B Individual(t/a Hickey’s Pharmacy)
    (1) Retail unit extending to 54.3 sq m (584 sq ft) (3) 25 years from 1st July 1994. Rent review every 5th year. FRI terms. €20,500 p.a.

6C Individual(t/a Romeo & Juliet)
    Retail unit extending to 54.3 sq m (584 sq ft) (3) Holding over on a lease dated 20th September 1979. We are informed that a new lease has been agreed, for a 10 year term on IRI terms €14,500 p.a.

7 Individual (t/a Buy 4 Less) (2)
    Retail unit extending to 91.2 sq m (981 sq ft) (3) 35 years from 21st July 1989. Rent review every 5th year. FRI terms. €29,000 p.a.

8 Individual (t/a Cardiff Meats)
    Retail unit extending to 91.2 sq m (981 sq ft) (3) 4 years 9 months from 1st November 2012 on FRI terms €24,000 p.a.

9 Individual (t/a Proper Teacher)
    Retail unit extending to 91.2 sq m (981 sq ft) (3) 16 years from 9th February 2012. Rent review every 5th year. FRI terms €27,000 p.a.

M4 Meteor Mobile
    Communications Limited Telecommunications Installation 12 years Licence Agreement from 14th July 2001 €19,500 p.a.

M3 Vodafone Ireland Limited Telecommunications
    Installation Expired Licence Agreement dated 30th March 2004 –

M2 Hutchinson 3G Limited Telecommunications
    Installation 16 year Licence Agreement from 15th November 2004 €10,793 p.a.

M1 02 Communications(Ireland) Limited
    Telecommunications Installation 21 year Licence Agreement from 30th September 1999 €16,300 p.a.

Total €251,993 p.a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Why would this be a surprise?- pretty awful area its in...

Advertisement