Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on this airconditioner

Options
  • 17-04-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking to find out how many kW's this unit can cool and how much power it uses to do it but it's confusing me a little bit. It is the second column I am trying to work out.

It says cooling capacity 6.7kWh on the first line and then on the second, it says cooling capacity 1.5 to 8kWh.

Can anyone tell me what the max cooling capacity is or explain the difference between these two lines? Thanks.

Capture2.png
    how do i print screen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The 6.7KW refers to the Actual cooling, this is the fabric requirement of the area/room to be cooled.

1.5-8KW is the range of cooling as it is a variable compressor arrangement.

the 8KW cooling refers to the nominal cooling that the unit generates to achieve the actual cooling figure based on the delta temp.

the COP of 3.62 is based on nominal cooling to achieve / publish superior environmental stats.
    the stats have taken the electrical input of 2.2KW and used it with the 8KW to get a COP of 3.62, it could be argued that the 6.7 KW should have been used, this would produce a COP of 3.03, hence the old rule of thumb for dividing the mech cooling load by three to get the electrical power requirements.

The electrical load is 2.21KW if this was to be fed by a single phase supply at 230Vac it would required approx 9.5 Amps, possibly cabled in 3x2.5sq.mm cable with 20Amp protection at at board.

Advertisement