Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personalised cakes dublin city

Options
  • 17-04-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey I'm looking for somewhere that I can get a cake with personalised icing on it around dublin city centre (near Grafton street if possible) somewhere relatively cheap and quick if possible! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

What do you mean personalised? How much detail and size are you talking? Personalised cakes don't normally come in a cheap and quick option due to the nature of the detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emma555

Just a simple normal sizes cake with icing and a short message?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Cake & Pie to Dublin City forum. You're much more likely to get helpful replies in here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The only bakeries I can think of off the top of my head are The Bakery on Essex Street, Temple Bar and Mannings on Thomas Street. I'm sure Mannings do the large cakes, not 100% sure on The Bakery (but they do delicious cream cakes :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

There's a Johnnie cupcakes in Stephens Green SC.

http://www.johnniecupcakes.ie/#/client/template.xml?aaa=home

They do personalised giant cupcakes, which is a cake, no idea on pricing though. Personalised cakes are generally expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

Superquinn do cakes with messages on them afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Syllabus wrote: »
    Superquinn do cakes with messages on them afaik

None around Grafton Street though...nearest is possibly Blackrock!

OP consider picking up a nice cake in M&S and buying some Icing in tubes in Dunnes and personalising it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

http://www.ilvalentino.ie/Products.aspx?sid=4

I found these guys great for a a personalised cake for a birthday last year.

They are down at Grand Canal but worth the little trek I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hope its ok to borrow the OPs thread to ask this here, as opposed to starting a new thread.

Am looking to get my hand on a dozen cupcakes, 6 decorated with the colours and logo of Munster Rugby and 6 for Leinster Rugby. I had a look at the Johnnies Cupcakes website, but I didn't see any Irish/sporty cupcakes in their special occasion range. I am in North Co Dublin, so somewhere around Sutton/Howth/Malahide/Swords would be great, but I can drive into town to get them if need be. Ta.

Advertisement