Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Help Please

Options
  • 17-04-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

The washing machine went bang today. My missus first noticed that the kettle wasn't working, so I had a look at saw the circuit for downstairs sockets had tripped. I noticed the washing machine had stopped mid cycle and didn't come back on when the mcb was reset. I checked the fuse in the plugtop and it's fine. The socket is also OK but there's no life in the washing machine. I've drained it and checked for any blockages and am leaving it to dry out but wondering is there anything else I can check before calling someone out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

greenflash wrote: »
    The washing machine went bang today. My missus first noticed that the kettle wasn't working, so I had a look at saw the circuit for downstairs sockets had tripped. I noticed the washing machine had stopped mid cycle and didn't come back on when the mcb was reset. I checked the fuse in the plugtop and it's fine. The socket is also OK but there's no life in the washing machine. I've drained it and checked for any blockages and am leaving it to dry out but wondering is there anything else I can check before calling someone out?

Thanks

Well you've tried the obvious, would there be any chance that the issue is with or at the socket you plug the machine into

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

Stoner wrote: »
    Well you've tried the obvious, would there be any chance that the issue is with or at the socket you plug the machine into

The socket is fine - 230v. I guess it's a case of taking the back off and checking the fuses on internal supply and hoping a pcb isn't knackered.

Cheers

Advertisement