Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice pleas!

Options
  • 17-04-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I currently have a three month old after 2.5 years of trying!

Although not looking to concieve again just yet but because it took me so long to start with I'm not sure what is the best thing to do.

I was attending the hospital privately (with no health insurance), bloods came back normal although ovulation levels low, had the dye test - all clear, was originally not getting periods after coming of the pill, took a couple of months or provera (to bring on a bleed) then had two rounds of clomid- on the last round blood tests show my ovulation level was non existent but that is the month we concieve :-/ I also should a week worth of metformiin but stopped that as very nausea!!! So I actually do not know how we conceived out one, or what helped! In the 2.5 years of trying I had 6 periods and two of them were caused by provera.

I currently still haven't had a cycle and I'm assuming that as they were irregular before they won't be coming back regular if at all. The problem is I don't want to go private so when should I go back to my gp to get a hospital referral? She said she won't give me any medication as I was being seen at the hospital before.

Don't get me wrong I'm so grateful for my miracle baby and stil don't believe she is mine but I would love for her to have a sibling (not just yet) but I'd rather start on the road sooner than later!

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Your cycles can take a while to return particularly if you are breastfeeding. If there was no established reason for your infertility you may find that having been pregnant once, your body figures it out much better the next time around. It happened to me - I was 2.5 years trying, took clomid and had the baby then six months after the birth I got pregnant the first month. (unfortunately mc) but it left me hopeful that it will be easier as my body knows the ropes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

My body definitely changed after baby. Cycle back after six months, pregnant first month trying. As number one took time, effort and ups and downs to conceive I'd braced myself for the same again but the OPKs I bought weren't needed! Best of luck.

Advertisement