Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upper Newcastle rd - quincentenary Bridge

Options
  • 17-04-2013 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Coming down Upper Newcastle rd twice to-day. On both occasions, cars came down the right hand lane, to avoid the queue, and then proceeded to turn left to go over the bridge instead of going straight ahead; as the road markings indicate.

When they did turn left onto the bridge, their car was initially across the two lanes on the bridge; forcing me to brake.

On blowing the car horn, I got the finger from one of them. :eek:

http://goo.gl/maps/5Bcor

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

10/10 would read again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Today I seen a taxi decide to drive in the opposite lane there. Car coming the other way was lucky that no cars were parked so could avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That stretch is notorious in the mornings, all the Moycullen area ppl and from further out going into town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That is normal behaviour at that junction OP, you then proceed to bomb your vehicle well in excess of the 50kph limit across the bridge, along the rest of the N6...ideally when trying to read a tablet poised between your two hands on the wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cannibalix

I dont understand why moycullen traffic woould even come down that road. its much faster to go right at the westwood and down to the roundabout and back up to the bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

snubbleste wrote: »
    That is normal behaviour at that junction OP, you then proceed to bomb your vehicle well in excess of the 50kph limit across the bridge, along the rest of the N6...ideally when trying to read a tablet poised between your two hands on the wheel

at least once a week I see women putting makeup on while driving across the bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

I love that junction because traffic can come at you or turn any direction it wants. It's brilliant they shouldn't have bothered with road markings or signs would save us tax payers a few bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

It's also an entertaining experience travelling in the opposite direction.

I've often turned left here onto Newcastle Road only to find cars racing towards me completely on the wrong side of the road.

Galway reg plates and all.

at least once a week I see women putting makeup on while driving across the bridge

Live fast, die young, leave a good-looking corpse...

St. Anthony's looks so different - it's lost the gloomy institutional feel it used to have when I was in college.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

St. Anthony's looks so different - it's lost the gloomy institutional feel it used to have when I was in college.
    You are soooo old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Iwannahurl wrote: »

I've often turned left here onto Newcastle Road only to find cars racing towards me completely on the wrong side of the road.

True. Should install plastic bollards to stop this illegal behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Iwannahurl wrote: »

I was probably one of those people. I often to that when coming from Moycullen, but not if I'm turning left across the bridge, thats mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I know - Crossing the QB last week I looked in my mirror and spotted a girl applying mascara while driving behind me.
    I got such a fright, I almost dropped my electric razor into the footwell.

dilallio wrote: »
    I got such a fright, I almost dropped my electric razor into my coffee.

FYP. ;)

MadYaker wrote: »
    I was probably one of those people. I often to that when coming from Moycullen, but not if I'm turning left across the bridge, thats mad.

Is driving on the wrong side of the road not mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

dilallio wrote: »
    I know - Crossing the QB last week I looked in my mirror and spotted a girl applying mascara while driving behind me.
    I got such a fright, I almost dropped my electric razor into the footwell.

You're lucky she didn't change lanes. The extension lead might have been pulled out. You could have looked a right eejit when you arrived at work.

Advertisement