Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tight budget - Single story flat roof extension cost

Options
  • 17-04-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm buying a 1970's house in Dublin that will need some updating. I want to combine kitchen/dining room. I feel that the space isn't big enough and won't work unless I extend, say a 6ft extension across the back of the house with sliding doors wall to wall. This will have to be done on a very tight budget as I have the rest of the house to update too! Figures per sq metre seem to vary from 1000 to 2000 sq metre. I think I need a 12 sqm extension only. I may want the roof elevated higher than the original kitchen but don't think I need skylights as the house is south/east facing and gets a lot of sun. I'll be painting/decorating. Reasonably priced kitchen, will do. Are wall to wall sliding doors cheaper than building a wall/window/door etc.,? What's a realistic price for this? Appreciate any advise?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

For the size of the extension you are talking about I'd be erring on budgeting E 2000/m.sq. (+) for the extension (ex. your Kitchen).

Advertisement