Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refill rate

Options
  • 18-04-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I have quit smoking and bought a joytech (http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-t-starter-kit/prod_4.html) so far so good off the smokes since last week.

I need a bit of advise, the refill of the tank, the liquid isn't lasting as long as what I've been told by someone who has the same unit as me (he was a much heavier smoker than myself) 3 times today I filled the tank, is that right ? Either the thing is leaking but I don't feel it on my hands or have any stains on my pants pocket (no pun intended !) or I am using it way too much without knowing ? I guess what I'm asking is what is the average tank usage/refill rate of a 20 a day smoker ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Chorcai wrote: »
    Hey all, I have quit smoking and bought a joytech (http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-t-starter-kit/prod_4.html) so far so good off the smokes since last week.

I need a bit of advise, the refill of the tank, the liquid isn't lasting as long as what I've been told by someone who has the same unit as me (he was a much heavier smoker than myself) 3 times today I filled the tank, is that right ? Either the thing is leaking but I don't feel it on my hands or have any stains on my pants pocket (no pun intended !) or I am using it way too much without knowing ? I guess what I'm asking is what is the average tank usage/refill rate of a 20 a day smoker ?

Thanks !

Tanks are 1.2 ml

Refil three times in a day is average

Could get 2 x Kanger T2 tanks instead. They hold about 2.5 ml. Two would last you all day perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Welcome, you have seen the light!

3-5ml a day seems the average. Some go well past that and some just below.

There're so many variables like what resistance device you're using, on what battery, or what mg your juice is that come into play as well.

If I was to lower my nic dosage or use my device at a lower setting, I'd use it a lot more and end up ploughing through the juice.
    Having said that, those eGo-T tanks are known leakers, so maybe keep one that's been used for a while on a sheet of loo roll for the night and see if there's a slow seepage happening.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think those tanks hold 1ml each, so you're using about 3ml a day. On average most people use between 2ml and 5ml, some will use as little as 1ml and I've heard of people using up to 10ml, but I think that'd be pretty rare.

There's no real right or wrong amount, just whatever works or doesn't work for you. Oddly it doesn't seem to match how people smoked, it's common enough for someone who was a heavy smoker to use a lot less than someone who was a light smoker. It can sometimes depend on the strength of liquid you use, if you changed to a stronger liquid, you might use less, but not necessarily either.

Oh, and if it was leaking, you'd almost certainly know about it. Although it's possible it could be leaking very slowly, but even then it would feel very greasy to the touch and you'd notice it.

Advertisement