Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox360 RROD question

• 18-04-2013 5:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Ok so i have an original Xbox 360 like the big white one from 2006 I think.

It's RROD before when it was under warranty and I got it fixed... it has become very loud recently and tonight it RROD on me. I switched it off and on again and it worked ok again..

I'm in a bit of dilemma now tho.. I have run out of space on my Xbox360 recently, the HDD is only 20GB and with all the DLC now it has no space left and was looking to upgrade the hard drive.. I have a number of 2.5" hanging around my house and was going to use one of those for it..

do you think I should just buy a new Xbox considering the age of mine loudness and the fact that there may be ramifications of upgrading with HDD with my own..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

U_Fig wrote: »
    do you think I should just buy a new Xbox considering the age of mine loudness and the fact that there may be ramifications of upgrading with HDD with my own..

You can't just replace the hdd with any 2.5" drive, it has to be a specific one afaik. Only modded consoles have no limits on the type of hdd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

EnterNow wrote: »
    You can't just replace the hdd with any 2.5" drive, it has to be a specific one afaik. Only modded consoles have no limits on the type of hdd

I am wayware of that as far as I know WD Scorpio Blue drives work which I have.. I'm still a little concerned about the RRoD tho happening again and becoming permanent..

Advertisement