Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Westbrook is finally injured :(
    Russell Westbrook will undergo surgery for a meniscus tear in his right knee. No timetable announced.

MWP went through this recently, recovered in 12 days it must be noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

RMDrive wrote: »
    Unfortunately I see that Gerald Green all the time. I'm amazed that Orlando Johnson lost his place in the rotation to Green. I know Vogel has said it's a fluid situation but Johnson has done very little wrong in his rookie season. Mahinimi is in the same boat. Pendy is good but I'd trust the French man more in a pressure situation in the playoffs.

Speaking of Gerald Green, an amusing few clips of him and others engaging in trash talk caught on mic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfog6nS-N8I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Damn, looks like it happened in that controversial play with Patrick Beverley. For anyone who didn't see it, Westbrook is strolling casually with the ball towards the sideline, the way PGs do when a timeout is being called. Beverley dived in for the ball and banged Westbrook's knee.

They discussed it at half-time on TNT, Barkley thought it was a dirty play by Beverley, Shaq and Kenny Smith disagreed (for me, I didn't think it was a dirty play, it's the playoffs).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Have gotten to see only a few mins of the playoffs this year, pretty much confined to opening halfs of the first games. Gonna watch two tonight though along with the nfl draft. Hopefully the Lakers can get something going and make it interesting.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Damn, looks like it happened in that controversial play with Patrick Beverley. For anyone who didn't see it, Westbrook is strolling casually with the ball towards the sideline, the way PGs do when a timeout is being called. Beverley dived in for the ball and banged Westbrook's knee.

They discussed it at half-time on TNT, Barkley thought it was a dirty play by Beverley, Shaq and Kenny Smith disagreed (for me, I didn't think it was a dirty play, it's the playoffs).

It wasn't dirty, just rash.

On a positive, I've got faith in Reggie Jackson. Posts some decent numbers off the bench but it's just that, it's from off the bench. Whole different ball game now. This injury might snap KD out of his funk too, as I've stated before, since the All Star break, he's just been at it but he'll get more touches now surely. He has to step up now.

Oh and the last game Westbrook missed for OKC? April 16, 2008... when they were the Supersonics. 439 straight games and the longest streak in the NBA going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well the Playoffs have just got a lot less interesting, it was the Heats to lose, now it's doing to take something spectacular for them to lose this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

It wasn't dirty, just rash.

On a positive, I've got faith in Reggie Jackson. Posts some decent numbers off the bench but it's just that, it's from off the bench. Whole different ball game now. This injury might snap KD out of his funk too, as I've stated before, since the All Star break, he's just been at it but he'll get more touches now surely. He has to step up now.

Oh and the last game Westbrook missed for OKC? April 16, 2008... when they were the Supersonics. 439 straight games and the longest streak in the NBA going.

My big fear for them is that this means Brook's will play Fisher a lot, which is really bad news for them imo. All he can do now is shoot the 3, and let people blow by him on defense. The move to basically give Maynor away now looks like a terrible move by the Thunder, I would much rather have him out there instead of Fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

buyer95 wrote: »
    My big fear for them is that this means Brook's will play Fisher a lot, which is really bad news for them imo. All he can do now is shoot the 3, and let people blow by him on defense. The move to basically give Maynor away now looks like a terrible move by the Thunder, I would much rather have him out there instead of Fish.

If Fisher starts, they're ****ed. Simple as. He's improved a little bit since resigning but yeah, meh. Wouldn't surprise me with Brooks opting for him though. Big game experience, blah, blah, blah.

This injury is certainly coming back to haunt OKC with both the departures of Maynor and Harden. But as I eluded to, I quite like the look of Jackson and believe he can step in and do a decent job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just watched the Mem - Lac game. Jesus Christ that was ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Knicks are killing the Celtics.Celtics will need to play well second half which they haven't done so far in other games in this series.

Nash is out for the Lakers and Curry looking ok for the Warriors.

Comfortable as you like, Knicks 3 up now.

Another series looking like it will be a sweep.
    ESPN analysts reckon Garnett and Pierce will play their last game at TD Gargen on Sunday.

F.J. wrote: »
    Another series looking like it will be a sweep.
    ESPN analysts reckon Garnett and Pierce will play their last game at TD Gargen on Sunday.

Should build around Green and Rondo.

Should build around Green and Rondo.

That is what I am hoping for.

What a ****ing game in Oakland last night. It's a shame that wasn't the one on the box. Had everything. Delighted for the fans at the Oracle, best crowd going along with OKC and a big win to lead 2-1 in their series against Denver now.

Lakers meanwhile... err... worst home playoff loss in Lakers history. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

I have copied across a blog I follow for nba tips

nba is such complex sport that best to follow someone elses tips. Amazed how little fight the lakers shown and how knicks could put away the celtics on their own patch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

manafana wrote: »
    I have copied across a blog I follow for nba tips

nba is such complex sport that best to follow someone elses tips. Amazed how little fight the lakers shown and how knicks could put away the celtics on their own patch too.

If you thinks it's really complex and find it hard to follow, the you definitely shouldn't be betting on it.

buyer95 wrote: »
    If you thinks it's really complex and find it hard to follow, the you definitely shouldn't be betting on it.

Thanks for the advice, I have a bet an follow those guys who have proven profit I like watching it and following it.

Basketball betting is my bread and butter. Bit of knowledge, bit of research and you're grand. Less randomness compared to other sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Pivotal game for the Bulls tonight, kinda feel like this is the series....win and it's hard to see them relinquishing a 3-1 lead, lose and the Nets have the advantage back.

Not overly confident, 50-50 game, don't think the Nets will shoot quite as badly as they did the last day, and the Bulls will have to score more than they did in game 3 to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

padraig_f wrote: »
    Pivotal game for the Bulls tonight, kinda feel like this is the series....win and it's hard to see them relinquishing a 3-1 lead, lose and the Nets have the advantage back.

Not overly confident, 50-50 game, don't think the Nets will shoot quite as badly as they did the last day, and the Bulls will have to score more than they did in game 3 to beat them.

Will be close, which makes me confident that the bulls will win.
    They've got by far the better coach.

Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Thunder say Russell Westbrook will miss the rest of the playoffs after right knee surgery today and his return is to be determined.

Westbrook's season is over :(

Basketball betting is my bread and butter. Bit of knowledge, bit of research and you're grand. Less randomness compared to other sports.
    takes bit of following i find, fact play offs show it, one night team can put one away by 10-20pts next night it could go other way, tactics etc come into it and match ups. I follow other stuff so nba is just weekened watch for me

manafana wrote: »
    takes bit of following i find, fact play offs show it, one night team can put one away by 10-20pts next night it could go other way, tactics etc come into it and match ups. I follow other stuff so nba is just weekened watch for me

Couple of hours research and I have my bets sorted tbh.

____

Kirk Hinrich is going loco for the Bulls in the 2Q!

Nate got steamrolled..

Screen.gif

Bulls have imploded in the 2nd half so far. Nets up 9 with a little over 5 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Great comeback here from the bulls. Nate is on fire - 23 points in the 4Q so far!

Nate Robinson!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Really? In the play-offs, yeah, it's fairly handy to predict outcomes. But in an 82-game regular season, I can't think of one sport that's more unpredictable over a single game.

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    Really? In the play-offs, yeah, it's fairly handy to predict outcomes. But in an 82-game regular season, I can't think of one sport that's more unpredictable over a single game.

Sounds horribly big headed when that isn't really isn't intention and I rather avoid derailing the thread tbh man, but my record over the regular season which my sig speaks for itself. All bets are up on Twitter. Will be on a trial run with sbrforum if you know of it next year, going to do a few bits n bobs for them. Write ups/articles and bets for the day. Been out of work for awhile and basketball betting has got me through the rough patch and has funded my eventual full time move to the US next season.

Right now I'm sweating on Bulls -3 :o

edit - haven't updated playoff betting in sig in the past couple of days, five wins and one loss could be added to that excluding tonight's bets.

Advertisement