Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah for feck sake, hate to see a team potentially lose because of a fluke like that

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh my Nate!!!

Holy crap! Double overtime!

Yes thank god! Joe Johnson has been so clutch this season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Some game!

• Advertisement

Yes thank god! Joe Johnson has been so clutch this season!!

You are born with the clutch gene or not. He and Nate certainly have it.

Great stat -

Joe Johnson is now 11-12 when the @BrooklynNets are tied or trailing by three or fewer with less than a 1 min remaining this season. #clutch

Johnson has hit that shot three clutch times now, just a simple floater.

And then Williams takes the charge to foul Nate out. Big turn around

ohgodchicago.gif

Sums it up well.

Memphis and LA already at the half before we're finished in Chicago!

What a play from Nazr, Bulls surely.. surely have this now!

• Advertisement

And thats all she wrote! Deron Williams gonna be wrcked for the next game, played pretty much 60mins tonight along with Hinrich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Crazy game is crazy

Easiest bet I'll ever make >_>

'grats Bulls fans, that was one hell of a hell of a game. I just wonder what Rose is thinking. I'd be desperate to play Game 4 after that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Caught end of the game missed a great one by sounds of it!
    Saw that Robinson and Noah fouled out in overtime. I think that once a game goes to
    overtime players should be given an extra foul or two.It annoys me when players foul out in
    overtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Jesus, what a game! Always a team-effort with the Bulls, but that 23-point 4th quarter from Nate will go down in Bulls playoff lore. Down 14 with 3 minutes to go, I'd given up, but not for the first time with this Bulls team, the players hadn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Unbelievable win for the Bulls, I was sure they were dead, but they just kept fighting. They have more or less wrapped up the series, I cant see the Nets, and their inconsistent play winning 3 in a row. Fair play to Nate, he has been great this year. You have to take the good with the bad, but he is the only guy who can really take people off the dribble for Chigaco, and without him they would not have been able to do, what they have done. All credit to Thibs for taking a risk on him, and using him effectively.

The playoffs have really begun now, thats 2 nights in a row with unbelievable games. I watched the Denver vs GSW game today, what a win for the Warriors, I just can't see them losing this series now. Bogut was huge on the defensive end, and in the 2nd half stopped the Nuggets scoring close to the rim. Losing Lee was a blow, but it has helped there inside D enormously, Lee for all his offensive brilliance is a liability on the defensive end.

The West is now wide open imo after Westbrook being ruled out, Spurs will obviously be favourites, but the West just got a whole lot more interesting. The Grizzlies Clippers is uncallable, but whover wins through has a chance of getting to the conference finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Pacers have been so poor tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

J.R. Smith has been suspended for elbowing Terry.Out for one game.

That was utterly pathetic from the Pacers, though if their supporters are going to jump the gun after only winning two, they deserve this.

I joke, I joke >_>

Life without Westbrook (for the Playoffs) begins now, big game for both them and the Rockets.

OKC's offence has been damn impressive in the first half.

KD with 27 points in the first half.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Robinson is playing career ball right now.

Again The Rockets came close. So unlucky.
    They will take this series but I don't the will beat the Clippers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sounds horribly big headed when that isn't really isn't intention and I rather avoid derailing the thread tbh man, but my record over the regular season which my sig speaks for itself. All bets are up on Twitter. Will be on a trial run with sbrforum if you know of it next year, going to do a few bits n bobs for them. Write ups/articles and bets for the day. Been out of work for awhile and basketball betting has got me through the rough patch and has funded my eventual full time move to the US next season.

Right now I'm sweating on Bulls -3 :o

edit - haven't updated playoff betting in sig in the past couple of days, five wins and one loss could be added to that excluding tonight's bets.

Ah I don't doubt what you say (and a mate of mine is addicted to NBA betting too), I just find a single game in regular season often too unpredictable to get a good value bet on it. Too many outside factors we don't know until game time like if a team is going to rest players...or just take a night off. Only time I ever really include NBA is if I need another handicap bet to make up a quick acca.

OKC game was much closer than I thought it would be waking up! Fell asleep during HT). Big win without Russ. I can see Rockets winning Game 4 and OKC wrapping it up back home.

leggo wrote: »
    Ah I don't doubt what you say (and a mate of mine is addicted to NBA betting too), I just find a single game in regular season often too unpredictable to get a good value bet on it. Too many outside factors we don't know until game time like if a team is going to rest players...or just take a night off. Only time I ever really include NBA is if I need another handicap bet to make up a quick acca.

Most definitely. Variables especially in regular season games matter a hell of a lot and staying up on top of them is the key. Some factors you just can't factor for however in any given game, playoff or not.

I bet pretty bet much purely singles. Not a fan of accumulators myself. I look at spreads, overall totals, team totals, moneylines and player props. I don't lean on just favourites neither like most do. All about the value and situational matchups.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    OKC game was much closer than I thought it would be waking up! Fell asleep during HT). Big win without Russ. I can see Rockets winning Game 4 and OKC wrapping it up back home.

Most definitely. Variables especially in regular season games matter a hell of a lot and staying up on top of them is the key. Some factors you just can't factor for however in any given game, playoff or not.

I bet pretty bet much purely singles. Not a fan of accumulators myself. I look at spreads, overall totals, team totals, moneylines and player props. I don't lean on just favourites neither like most do. All about the value and situational matchups.

Whats is your twitter handle, that you post your picks too? Wouldn't mind following that:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wow, what an awesome, awesome game to win! I just love Nate Robinson. Sometimes he's atrocious, sometimes he's fantastic, but he always plays hard and is a really fun player to watch. Best thing for us to do when we're struggling to get anything going is ride with Nate and cross our fingers :pac:

We're not going to beat the Heat in the next round, but a couple of things are for certain - they will know they've been in a fight after the series and they are going to hate playing us.

Jesus, just saw the last minute of the game there. McHale screaming at Harden for the timeout before he seemingly ignores/doesn't hear him and proceeds to turn the ball over effectively ending the game. Idiotic.
    buyer95 wrote: »
    Whats is your twitter handle, that you post your picks too? Wouldn't mind following that:P

It's in my About Me section on my profile page.

Paully D wrote: »
    Wow, what an awesome, awesome game to win! I just love Nate Robinson. Sometimes he's atrocious, sometimes he's fantastic, but he always plays hard and is a really fun player to watch. Best thing for us to do when we're struggling to get anything going is ride with Nate and cross our fingers :pac:

We're not going to beat the Heat in the next round, but a couple of things are for certain - they will know they've been in a fight after the series and they are going to hate playing us.

Strong rumours going around that Rose will be back for the 2nd round. His brother said today as much. It seemed a certainty that he would sit out the playoffs, but with the Bulls winning 3 straight, maybe he has had a change of heart. Even 25 mins a night, with Nate playing starters minutes could be a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

got say i fancy knicks again in 1st game tonight, hard see how celtics can turn it around on the showings from 3 games so far

As I more or less said here after the game, if after watching last night's name didn't get the competitive juices flowing, you'd have to seriously question him. Hopefully Rose returns. We've lost too many stars this season to injury this season. Limited minutes or anything, his impact will be felt by the team and fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

It's the county championship are sky ever going to hurry up and show the NBA , not all have the red button !!!

Advertisement