Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Knicks have no answer for Jeff Green. Far from over though given the past games in the series.

That 12-3 run at the end was a bit of a dagger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Knicks are missing J.R.Smith badly. No secondary scoring option at all.

Felton took over in the 3rd and outscored the Celtics on his own.! Knicks down 3 heading into the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Carmelo has missed a tonne in the last 5-10 minutes. Game now in overtime and Celtics are flying them all in outside the paint!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Celtics avoid the sweep!Play again on Wednesday in New York!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If I was him I wouldn't bother coming back this year and I have to admit, I actually hope he doesn't. We won't win that series even with Rose, he simply won't be match fit enough, and the media scrutiny over the whole summer when he doesn't score 20 and have 8 assists every night asking if he'll ever be the same player again will tip me over the edge.

Look at the bigger picture, take the off-season to get to 110% and match fitness from pre-season games and be ready to go with a fresh start in the 2013-2014 season would be my advice.

Heat. Sweep. Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Heat. Sweep. Yup.

Despite having now been officially swept, Brandon Jennings remains confident they can win the series in 6.

In all seriousness, this series has damaged Jennings chances of getting the massive contract he will be looking for this offseason. After a good game 1 , he has been woeful. 3 points on 1-7 tonight with 1 assist , and 17-of-57 for the series.
    Bobcats/ Kings material methinks:pac:

I could be way off the radar here, but I think the Lakers are losing.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Despite having now been officially swept, Brandon Jennings remains confident they can win the series in 6.

In all seriousness, this series has damaged Jennings chances of getting the massive contract he will be looking for this offseason. After a good game 1 , he has been woeful. 3 points on 1-7 tonight with 1 assist , and 17-of-57 for the series.
    Bobcats/ Kings material methinks:pac:

In 6 years.. maybe :)

It continues to amuse how stupid players are. Talk smack about the Heat = They bring the pain. Say little as possible! Simples :pac:

:pac:

Dwight gets ejected. Then soon after Kobe comes out to sit courtside so he doesn't have to sit in the locker room with Dwight.

howardgone_medium.gif

hikobe.gif

Lakers swept.

Warriors vs Nuggets now, should be good!

Steph Curry is doing stuff again, crazy stuff in the 3rd quarter!

Finished up comfortably. Golden State 3-1 up on Denver now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No Kirk Hinrich tonight for the Bulls. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be ending the series just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Not sure where to put this, but the NBA BOG committee has recommended that the BOG reject the Kings move to Seattle. Absolutely the right decision, credit to Kevin Johnson for his unbelievable work, and also to Stern and the NBA for coming to the right conclusion. Justice has been served.

Also, well done to Jason Collins for coming out publicly today. One step in the right direction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

moneyman wrote: »
    Not sure where to put this, but the NBA BOG committee has recommended that the BOG reject the Kings move to Seattle. Absolutely the right decision, credit to Kevin Johnson for his unbelievable work, and also to Stern and the NBA for coming to the right conclusion. Justice has been served.

Also, well done to Jason Collins for coming out publicly today. One step in the right direction. :)

Its the right decision, but I still think Seattle deserves an NBA franchise...

buyer95 wrote: »
    Its the right decision, but I still think Seattle deserves an NBA franchise...

No argument from me on that. They deserve a team, just not Sacramento's. I think expansion will happen in the next few years, and it's the best outcome for everyone.

Hawks are just killing the Pacers so far in the first half

Bulls just hanging around in their game, might be able to steal this down the stretch..

Nice Nets run at the end ended the game to bring the series to 3-2 in the Bulls favour. Hinrich was badly missed for the Bulls it must be said.

• Advertisement

OKC doing their first half job. Rockets doing their second job. Sounds normal enough.. and then this happens..

delfinoGOAT_medium.gif

ibakablowslayup_medium.gif

.. and the Rockets win. Parsons and KD had monster games. Harden went missing in the clutch (again). What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If KD's one man show can't get it done against Houston (who deserve massive credit for that performance), then I don't rate their chances going forward.

How fun would a Clippers/Warriors Conference Finals be? I mean, it's Miami's to lose now, so we may as well have fun along the way at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

moneyman wrote: »
    No argument from me on that. They deserve a team, just not Sacramento's. I think expansion will happen in the next few years, and it's the best outcome for everyone.

Not sure expansion will happen in the NBA for a few years yet. Expansion tends to weaken the overall league and with stated plans to base a team in Europe further US expansion will likely dilute the talent pool further.

The problem with the whole Seattle thing is pretty much every city/team in the League will say "not our team". The Sonics to the Thunder thing should never have happened IMO but then again that is one of the quirks of the American Pro Sports system.

leggo wrote: »
    If KD's one man show can't get it done against Houston (who deserve massive credit for that performance), then I don't rate their chances going forward.

How fun would a Clippers/Warriors Conference Finals be? I mean, it's Miami's to lose now, so we may as well have fun along the way at least.

Majority of OKC fans will tell you their Championship run ended the moment Westbrook went down injured, which is entirely true. Even with Russ fit and ready to go, I'd have only given them a 5% chance of winning it all and quite frankly, that's probably being very kind on them as Miami has their number.

____

Going back my huge dislike for Perkins in the line up for a second.
    No coincidence that OKC's worst stretches in the game were during the only minutes Perkins played tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Majority of OKC fans will tell you their Championship run ended the moment Westbrook went down injured, which is entirely true. Even with Russ fit and ready to go, I'd have only given them a 5% chance of winning it all and quite frankly, that's probably being very kind on them as Miami has their number.

Yeah you're not wrong. You could even go back further and say that this was inevitable when they traded Harden. OKC lost some of the persistent explosiveness that they had with Harden in rotation (if KD wasn't on fire, Westbrook could do something special, then Harden could provide when those two were sitting...with Sefalosha and Ibaka killing it on D). On paper, that side are still better than Miami...it was inexperience - and that alone - that cost them last year. Without Harden, though, Miami probably would've picked them apart and destroyed them during lulls in performance. Though I'd still like to have seen that theory in action to see if it panned out that way. The fact that OKC folded when they could've wrapped things up in Houston is further proof that they're probably out of their depth once they hit the Conference Finals (again, not to take away from the Rockets or to read too much into one game).

The way it stands, Miami and San Antonio look like they're on a collision course. And, even looking at the regular season (aside from the Spurs' dip towards the end), let's face it: it's been that way since the start of 2012/13.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though. Tim Duncan could test LeBron's will like Dirk did a couple years back, and Pop vs Spoel in a Finals series should be a fascinating tactical battle too. Where Miami are explosive, the Spurs are organised. Where LeBron is spectacular, Duncan is experienced. Where Wade is enigmatic, Parker is consistent. And where OKC folded under the weight of expectation, this Spurs side have been there before and won.

I take back what I said earlier, Miami haven't won this just yet. :)

Not sure expansion will happen in the NBA for a few years yet. Expansion tends to weaken the overall league and with stated plans to base a team in Europe further US expansion will likely dilute the talent pool further.

The problem with the whole Seattle thing is pretty much every city/team in the League will say "not our team". The Sonics to the Thunder thing should never have happened IMO but then again that is one of the quirks of the American Pro Sports system.

Yes, and teams also won't want to be sharing their slice of the revenue pie with another team. But the new TV deal means it's a slight possibility. I'd agree it's far from a sure thing. And I don't think it's a problem that every city will say "not our team". The Seattle situation has been a bit of a revisionist job. No doubt it's a great NBA city, but the city messed up big time with the arena situation - it's their fault the team was moved. I'm not talking about the fans, I'm talking about the city. And they can't do what was done to them to another city, if the other city has filled all the obligations they're under to the NBA. Until another city becomes a poor market for the NBA and doesn't fulfill the obligations its under, then Seattle will rightfully (in this context) be without a team until expansion is on the table.

I don't know if anyone's been following this debacle, but I've really lost a lot of respect for Seattle after the way they've conducted themselves w/ regards to Sacramento. Acting entitled to steal another City's team, no ounce of remorse, actively bitter and resentful that Sacramento put up a fight. I still hope they get a team down the line, but they've done themselves no favours in the class department. I understand them wanting a team, but they went far passed that point.

The Nuggets are back. Absolutely dominating the Warriors in the paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

The Nuggets are back. Absolutely dominating the Warriors in the paint.

Frustrating the bollocks of me that it's taken til this to pull the finger out but i cant exactly expect them to get the third win before the second either. Even if they do the job tonight it is a long way back though.

• Advertisement

spiralism wrote: »
    Frustrating the bollocks of me that it's taken til this to pull the finger out but i cant exactly expect them to get the third win before the second either. Even if they do the job tonight it is a long way back though.

Frustrating having Denver -7.5 on the spread :(
    End of 3rd Quarter Score:
    Nuggets 86 - Warriors 69

Also miffed at myself from switching from Grizzlies to Clippers just before the Playoffs started, let the public opinion get to me a tad. Still not over that series mind you, but since Z Bo showed up in Game 3, Clippers have been on the ropes since.

Advertisement