Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Bradley you beauty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I think Jeff green thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.

Game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Anthony Clutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Melo!

• Advertisement

Celtics will go out with their pride

I think Jeff green thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.
    Celtics would be buried long ago without him

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sometimes the first hurdle is the toughest to get over as the saying goes. Don't care how it was done, glad that monkey is off the Knicks back.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Celtics would be buried long ago without him

That's not what I said:rolleyes:

Celtics left themselves too much to do but they make things very uncomfortable for the Knicks.

• Advertisement

Massive respect for Celtics, never quit most would have.Ifthat's the last time we see garnett and pierce in a C's jersey, they owe the NBA nothing. They have been a joy tk watch, 2 greater competitors would be hard to find. Ithought we were gone, but just scrape by. A lot of improving to do for Indiana on Sunday.

LAC V MEN

My hatred for Perkins increases by the game.

Kevin Martin on fire, Thunder looking good to close out the series tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

How terrified do you think David Stern is of a Spurs/Grizzlies conference finals? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Cheap shot by CP3 on Marc Gasol's injured abdomen late in the game.
    Deservedly ejected. Scumbag play.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    East

1) Heat vs 8) Bucks , Heat in 4
    2) Knicks vs 7) Celtics , Knicks in 6
    3) Pacers vs 6) Hawks , Pacers in 6
    4) Nets vs. 5) Bulls , Bulls in 7

West

1) Thunder vs 8) Rockets , Thunder in 5
    2) Spurs vs 7) Lakers , Spurs in 5
    3) Nuggets vs 6) Warriors , Denver in 6
    4) Clippers vs 5) Grizzlies , Clippers in 7

I've changed my mind on the Clippers - Grizziles series far too much :p

Had Grizzlies in 6 before editing on the 20th of last month :(

leggo wrote: »
    How terrified do you think David Stern is of a Spurs/Grizzlies conference finals? :pac:

Absolutely brickin' it.
    BQQ wrote: »
    Cheap shot by CP3 on Marc Gasol's injured abdomen late in the game.
    Deservedly ejected. Scumbag play.

Between his awesome plays and Statefarm ads is an ultra competitive (<- which I like about him) dickhead who resorts to some pathetic stuff, be it simply just flopping around like a fish or what he did last night. Real shame but not surprising.

Vinn Del Negro is a gonner IMO btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

East
    1) Heat vs 8) Bucks Heat in 4
    2) Knicks vs 7) Celtics Knicks in 6
    3) Pacers vs 6) Hawks Pacers in 5
    4) Nets vs. 5) Bulls Bulls in 6

West
    1) Thunder vs 8) Rockets Thunder in 5
    2) Spurs vs 7) Lakers Spurs in 5 (worried on this one depending on the injury situation - I'm basing 5 on Spurs having a fit Ginobli and Parker)
    3) Nuggets vs 6) Warriors Denver in 6
    4) Clippers vs 5) Grizzlies Clipps in 7 (though could go either way)

East:
    1 - correct score
    2 - correct score
    3 - correct winner, 1 game out on actual result
    4 - likely wrong on both now, but didn't see the injuries coming for the Bulls like they have :(. I do believe a healthy Bulls would have won the other night and won the series 4-2 but all "what it's" now

West:
    1 - correct winner, 1 game out on actual result
    2 - correct winner, 1 game out on actual result - again. Injuries played a part here
    3 - wrong winner, correct score
    4 - wrong winner, wrong score, though I did say this one was the toughest of all series to call. Injuries played a part too

We going to do round 2 predictions now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Paul has given a few shoots to the groin in his time too.

• Advertisement

We going to do round 2 predictions now? :)

For sure. I'll wait till after tonight's game to do mine.

Maybe we can do a prediction type point system?

Say the following:

10 points for the correct amount of game each series match up finishes in.
    5 points for the correct team who wins every series match up.
    20 points if you get both correct.

Everyone is in charge of totaling up their own score and must do so in this thread for everyone to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

CP3 is a bit of a punk. Himself and D Wade are the biggest prima donnas in the NBA when things aren't going their way.

leggo wrote: »

Not as much as if they were in opposing Conferences! :D

Memphis have to be the favourites over a Westbrook-less OKC, whilst San An will likely beat GSW in 6 or less.

I think a Memphis v San An Conf. Finals would actually be a great series. One for the purists though, not nessearily those looking for highlight-reel plays every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Oh yeah, it'd be an entertaining (albeit gritty) series from a basketball standpoint. It'll just get terrible ratings. I'd say it's pretty much a lock too as long as Memphis don't have any major injury setbacks.

Delighted Memphis are through, had the pleasure of watching them this year and they are so hard working from start to finish, Gasol like his brother could teach a thing or two to the big men in the league about footwork and positioning.
    Would be great if the Bulls won today, something about the Nets that irks me

All season long I assumed Chris Paul was going to re-sign with the Clippers, but after watching him play last night, the way he left the court after being ejected and the post-game press conference, I think he's done with that team. Let the madness begin if he doesn't sign as there's barely a team in the league that won't move to try and sign him.

All that said, he behaved like a little beeyatch last night.

Crazy game - 7 T's, some flagrants and some ejections and yet there could have been more. Games between these 2 teams will not be pretty next year as you can see they HATE each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Deng definitely out tonight, he's still in hospital after the spinal tap procedure he received to test for viral meningitis the other night.

Gibson and Nate are ''feeling better'' according to Thibs, but knowing Thibs that probably just means they have stopped puking :pac:

Deng out is another blow for Chicago and with Brooklyn at home you'd have to slightly favour them tonight. Shame really.....would love to have seen the Bulls go further and get the whole team back healthy for Round 2 (not even including Rose in that - it's not going to happen this year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Deng out is another blow for Chicago and with Brooklyn at home you'd have to slightly favour them tonight. Shame really.....would love to have seen the Bulls go further and get the whole team back healthy for Round 2 (not even including Rose in that - it's not going to happen this year).

Agreed. I can't see us winning tonight but I hope we do as I'd love to play Miami in round 2. I know we wouldn't beat them but we'd certainly give them a fight and they would hate playing at least 4 games against us.

The only ''good'' thing about going out tonight is that it would stop the idiotic contingent of Bulls fans that seems to have gathered over the last month abusing Derrick Rose for not coming back this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The Pacers versus the Knicks should be interesting. This is the first time they meet in the playoffs since 2000. There used to be huge rivalry between the teams when Miller played.

If they can reignite the rivalry this could turn out to be a classic matchup.

Go Pacers!

Advertisement