Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Carlesimo was ALWAYS going to be sacked barring some freak event of getting into the Eastern Conference Finals. He knew that. The Russian wants some big name to coach them. Will they go back in for Phil? I'm not sure they'd get him but I imagine they'll try again. Watched a couple of the Nets Inside the Association episodes earlier in the season and there seemed to be some tension between him (PJ) and Joe Johnson namely that was hard not to notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm not saying he got him directly sacked as per Sloan and perhaps Johnson; more indirectly though under performing and generally not giving a sh!t. His press conference the other night was a snapshot of his attitude all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone giving us a shot tonight? Miami are 12 point favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Terrible first game from my Knicks last night. Anthony will have to move to the small forward, West is going to hit that shoulder every time Melo goes at him one on one, or in the post. The Knicks need Stat back to take the 4 spot, and put pressure on the Pacers in the post, I think he could have a big part to play in this series yet. Woodie expects him back for game 3, and the truth is we need him. Until then I would start K Mart on West and put Melo at the 3.

The refs let Hibbert get away with being really aggresive and not always going up straight on many of the Knicks drives but the refs let it go. How the refs call the Pacers rim protection by West and Hibbert in particular will be key. Melo only got to the line 6 times, and on reputation alone usually goes to the line more often getting the benifit of the doubt when driving to the ring. But Hibbert has his own reputation of being a great inside defender, that he defends by extending his arms vertically and forcing offensive players to score over him. Many times during the game last night, he did not do that, instead of going up straight up he extended one arm down, but the foul wasn't called.Contact is common with Hibbert, but because he's known as a guy who holds his ground, he tends to get the benefit of the doubt on most collisions. I thought the refs were poor for both sides though, and the Pacers had some rough calls go against them as well.

What was really disappointing for me was that we allowed the Pacers to out work and out hustle us in MSG in the first game of the series. After working all season to secure home-court advantage — and holding off the Pacers through the season’s final weeks we lost it in one awful performance. It's not good enough to not come ready to play in such a big game.

Tyson has to be better. He is an All Star, but got completely out played by Hibbert last night.
    No matter how many points Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith score, it might not matter if Chandler, our defensive anchor, scores only four points, pulls down only three rebounds and plays only 28 minutes because of foul trouble. That will open more doors for Roy Hibbert, David West and Tyler Hansbrough, which was the case in Game 1.

We nee more help off the bench too. Jr is still mired in a offensive drought, and with the jumper not falling and getting no calls inside from refs when he drives its been difficult for him.Kidd hasn't made a basket or scored a point in 5 games now, and with Novak down, 2 of our better 3 point shooters aren't helping the team.

With all that being said, I still think we can win this, but it will more than likely go to 7 games. Stats offensive scoring, if we can get him out there could hold the key. A starting group of Felton, Shumpert, Melo, Martin and Chandler with Amare giving us quality minutes off the bench could swing it/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Paully D wrote: »

I'd give you guys a good shot to cover, if that's any consolation? :p

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »

Don't see a Chicago Win, but would take that 12 point handicap in my bookies.....if I hadn't barred myself!

That +12 line is too attractive to turn down, which is why I'm on it. Bulls defense and a rusty Heat nakes this a great bet(until I put the jinx on it.)

Rose back this Wednesday???

Will Nate survive the Playoffs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Gregg Sager's suits are awesome

• Advertisement

Bulls can win this game

The spread is looking great! If Miami go on to lose this, then they can look no further then there atrocious free throw shooting, inexplicably bad.

Pure heart. Pure coaching. If I were a Bulls fan, I'd be damn proud whatever happens in the next few minutes or so if not more, OT depending.

Miami's rebounds at both ends have been pretty bad too. They just seem tired and unfocused. Not to take anything away from a tremendous, beat up Bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Pure heart. Pure coaching. If I were a Bulls fan, I'd be damn proud whatever happens in the next few minutes or so if not more, OT depending.

I just came here to post this.

Getting past the Nets was heart and fight despite all the injuries. So f*cking proud of them all :D

Wow, LeBron with air ball..

Game 1 to The Bulls.

Bulls win, Bulls win.

1-0 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Jebus christ, go bulls, has to be all about Thibs and his coaching.

What about Nate Robinson, Again fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Holy ****! :D

This Bulls team, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Watching cubs on MLB.tv and they went nuts when they announced it :pac:

Great win for them. Robinson is a boss.

I wonder does Thibs say this -

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

I bet he does, :D

Unbelievable, such a gutsy performance. About 2 months ago I laughed at someone on here who was championing Jimmy Butler as on his way to becoming a great player. Well I apologise, I now believe! Nate was great too, for a player who has a reputation for being completely eratic, he made all the right decisions there in the 4. Waving Noah's high pick away , knowing he had the speed on Allen, instead of waiting for the high pick, going through it and taking the jumper was a great basketball play. Major props to Noah, I can't think of a player I like to watch more. When the bull were down 3 and Bellineli hoisted a fade away 3 and missed it looked like the Bulls were done. But Noah got the offensice rebound, made a good pass and bang the ball fizzed around the perimeter for the wide open 3 for Mario to drain. A huge play and from then on Chigaco didn't look back.

I would like to say I can't believe the Warriors lost that but I can believe it, can't close out games.

Wow, what a night!

Mad for not taking that Bulls - 12 bet now. :(

What a stat night for Steph Curry in another losing performance 44pts, 11asists. As noted above, GSW really need to learn to close out these games.

That was just cruel.

I know you're asking for it giving up a 16-point lead in regular time...but still. Wow. They'll never get a better shot in SA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Not at all surprised by the Bulls win. I knew all this talk of the Heat sweeping them was ridiculous.

I still have the Heat to win in 6 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

Could be a crazy question but.. if Rose were to come back during this series, would it upset the rhythm the Bulls team are in at the moment or would he slot back in seamlessly?

Advertisement