Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Games like these are usually decided by the best player on the court, one way or another. KD time to step up...

So much for that...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh my goodness. KD just missed 2 free throws.

They've really messed up the last 90 seconds or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Good win for Memphis!

One positive for OKC is that Durant having a terrible game by his high standards, they still had a shot. Grizz hold out in the end though. 2-1 to Memphis.

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Good win for Memphis!

Memphis didn't so much win as OKC lost. They got stupid fouls late on and Durant choked, big time. That was a winnable game for the Thunder, but now? Wow. They may as well already be 3-1 down.

This series - and OKC's downfall in general - is starting to get tough to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

First time I've seen KD choke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

buyer95 wrote: »
    Best trades at that time weren't even trades! Birdman and K Mart were the best deals.

Sorry I should not have said trades, sure Birdman was not with a team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

NufcNavan wrote: »
    First time I've seen KD choke.

To be fair, he was running all night with little or no help.more defensive rebounds than offensive ones. That late flury by his team mates could have been done earlier in the game. Maybe the teammates like Fisher will remember that and tie it next time.OKC are in serious trouble.I use to get made with Westbrook taking more shots than passing to the 3 time leading scorer .Durant is still gets his usual scores but now I understand better why Westbrook is the way he is. Didnt The beard leave because OKC wanted to sort out Perkins contract? Oh dear

I doubt you will see Durant miss two crucial free throws in a row next time, though the game against Denver in March ,(Lawsons winner) OKC missed a lot of free throws that would have sorted them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Knicks extremely lucky to be down 3, terrible offensive performance from my Knicks, but the Pacers haven't been much better offensively 33-36. Jr hit 2 tough shots in a row in the last 2 minutes, when he hits 2 shots that often is all he needs to get going, I'll be looking to him provide an offensive lift after HT. Anyones game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Come on Indy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

935618_10151604738912996_1098349165_n.jpg

Come on Pacers, Great win. Big Roy came to play

Well, my bets came in. One positive I suppose.

(even backed the Pacers on the spread)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Noah :D:D:D

noahtroll_medium.gif

That's easily one of the funniest NBA gifs I've seen. Bosh's facial expressions tops it off.

Bogut with his 3rd foul already and we're only midway through the 1Q >_<

All soft enough too!

Manu has found his shot. 3 out of 3 three's so far.

Steph. 3Q. Taking over.

Everytime they mention the name of the arena all I can think of is The Matrix!

30 seconds to go, game tied!

• Advertisement

**** me, absolutely brilliant defence and hussle from Jack who has really stepped up tonight. Warriors ball, they have the final shot for the win coming up.

Ugh, last play was terrible. We're going to overtime though!

Shocking last play!!

Warriors level the series, 2-2 heading back to San Antonio!

Great 2nd and OT from the Warriors!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wow, GS really stepped up last night, didn't see the game as was on the red eye from London this morning after the Euroleague Finals last night. Have the game recorded so will watch it tonight. San An still holds the advantage but I'm suprised at how well the Warriors are putting it up to them. Likely to go 7 at this stage.

Anyone go to the Euroleagues or even watch? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

spurs flattering to deceive again during the regular season looking real championship contenders and then not being up to the first challenge put in front of them in the post season, been that way for 5 or 6 years now, i think GS will take this series now

jackson has some serious potential there in GS, i think the starting five last night averaged something like 23 years old

I hope GSW can take the series, but we have to remember that Spurs still have home-court advantage, which could prove crucial. On the court, the Warriors have looked like they're just too much for SA to handle when they heat up, but they're also a very beatable side that can't hold onto a big lead...so the Spurs could still nick this. I'd put Golden State as marginal favourites on the strength of their performances alone, but I see this going down to Game 7 in San Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Yeah I think Golden State are capable of winning this series (though the Spurs are still favourite). I don't see enough of the Spurs to say exactly what's wrong (I'm guessing age, niggling injuries to their big 3), but they don't look as good as last year.

I was very skeptical when Mark Jackson took over the Warriors, I thought he'd be a disaster to be honest (mainly because I wan't a fan of his commentary!). So I'd have to say he's proved me wrong. While I don't think scheme-wise, they're the best coached team in the world (e.g. Jarrett Jack's terrible shot at the end of regulation last night), you can see from those mic'd up huddle clips, he's a good motivator. Those clips are usually pretty bland because the TV networks agree not to broadcast any tactical stuff, but with Jackson, you can see he has a charisma, which must make his players want to play for him.

I'm still rooting for the Spurs, cos I like the way they play, but wasn't unhappy to see the Warriors tie it up last night, it's a fun series and guarantees a game 6 in front of their great crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

padraig_f wrote: »
    Yeah I think Golden State are capable of winning this series (though the Spurs are still favourite). I don't see enough of the Spurs to say exactly what's wrong (I'm guessing age, niggling injuries to their big 3), but they don't look as good as last year.

I was very skeptical when Mark Jackson took over the Warriors, I thought he'd be a disaster to be honest (mainly because I wan't a fan of his commentary!). So I'd have to say he's proved me wrong. While I don't think scheme-wise, they're the best coached team in the world (e.g. Jarrett Jack's terrible shot at the end of regulation last night), you can see from those mic'd up huddle clips, he's a good motivator. Those clips are usually pretty bland because the TV networks agree not to broadcast any tactical stuff, but with Jackson, you can see he has a charisma, which must make his players want to play for him.

I'm still rooting for the Spurs, cos I like the way they play, but wasn't unhappy to see the Warriors tie it up last night, it's a fun series and guarantees a game 6 in front of their great crowd.

Agree to a point on Jackson - while I think he's overachieving right now I don't think he's the guy to get them to the next level. The inability to close out games, the loss of big leads in multiple games etc., point to a lack of tactical awareness at the highest level. Motivation alone will not get these guys to the next level. I've posted on this previously but if they can keep Curry and Thompson in particular as well as Lee, Bogut (on playoff form) and Barnes tied to this team they have a really solid foundation on which to build. That they've done this without Lee (effectively) is incredible. But cak to my core point, GS face a really tough decision with Jackson - if they REALLY want to get to the next level, I'm not convinced he's the guy.

I may be wrong, but I still see San An taking this series, but they are not playing well, whereas GS are playing pretty much at their absolute peak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Agree to a point on Jackson - while I think he's overachieving right now I don't think he's the guy to get them to the next level. The inability to close out games, the loss of big leads in multiple games etc., point to a lack of tactical awareness at the highest level. Motivation alone will not get these guys to the next level.

Oh yeah, I agree that motivation may not be enough to take them all the way, just that in reaching this point, second round of the playoffs, 2 wins a way from a WCF, he's surpassed my expectations. His team is talented too, and we see in OKC this year how talent can sometimes mask the deficiencies in a coach.

There was a good stat from last night's game:

"Harrison Barnes missed more shots (17) than any of his teammates *took* and the Warriors beat the Spurs by 10. Is this real life?"
    - @tomhaberstroh

Why is Harrison Barnes (9/26) taking 26 shots in a playoff game? An indication the scheme isn't all it should be.

But coaching isn't all X's and O's, it's a mixture of skills, and just on the motivation side, he seems to be pretty strong.

Advertisement