Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

padraig_f wrote: »

There was a good stat from last night's game:

"Harrison Barnes missed more shots (17) than any of his teammates *took* and the Warriors beat the Spurs by 10. Is this real life?"
    - @tomhaberstroh

Why is Harrison Barnes (9/26) taking 26 shots in a playoff game? An indication the scheme isn't all it should be.

But coaching isn't all X's and O's, it's a mixture of skills, and just on the motivation side, he seems to be pretty strong.

With very few exceptions (!) rookies should not be taking 26 shots in a Play Off game! Hadn't seen that until you pointedit out. In a way it might be excused as Curry was clearly hobbling last night and Thompson had a quiet night so someone had to step up, but missing 17 of 26 is a poor performance even if you are the game's high scorer.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Marc Gasol wins the DPOY yet only gets onto the 2nd team All Defensive.

2012-13 NBA All-Defensive First Team:

1) CP3
    2) Chandler
    3) Noah
    4) Ibaka
    5) LeBron

2012-13 NBA All-Defensive Second Team:

1) Duncan
    2) Marc Gasol
    3) Conley
    4) George
    5) Bradley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

should there not be an xtra guard on the first team

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Marc Gasol wins the DPOY yet only gets onto the 2nd team All Defensive.

2012-13 NBA All-Defensive First Team:

1) CP3
    2) Chandler
    3) Noah
    4) Ibaka
    5) LeBron

2012-13 NBA All-Defensive Second Team:

1) Duncan
    2) Marc Gasol
    3) Conley
    4) George
    5) Bradley

Daft.

Gasol paying the price for playing in a small unfashionable market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Surely Tony Allen deserves a mention? Plays better D than CP3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Tony Allen made the first team, even topped the voting. Chandler and Noah tied in voting which is why they're both in it . So the first team is Paul, Allen, James, Ibaka, Noah/Chandler

Well, I'm just only tuning in now and looking at the score and my Twitter feed. Probably a good thing I didn't watch from the start!

The Bulls made history, but not in a good way. 9 points in the 3Q, just two baskets..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

BKM0iUpCAAAdliI.jpg:large

KD in the 4th & OT. Just too much for one man

Tough, tough loss for the Bulls but think they've won a lot of fans this post-season with their gutsy performances and lack of equity from the refs. Think this series is over Wednesday though. What is it with Miami and losing Game 1's then rolling off 4 in a row?

Equally think the Grizzlies OKC Series is a 4-1 series now. Don't see OKC having the emotional energy to come back from yet another close loss.

If the Spurs get through and play the Grizzlies in the West Conf. Finals it's going to be pretty dull as both teams aren't exactly lighting it up - the Grizzlies seem to be struggling to beat what has become a 1 man team in Durant and some others, whilst the Spurs look very tired and dare I say it, old?

Also think a lot of people may revise their opinions a little on Westbrook's gunning, as we can see OKC has no-one else they can rely on when you take Durant and him out of the game. Makes the decision to let Harden go look very foolish now.

Think Indiana are going to go 3-1 up tonight too.

Tough, tough loss for the Bulls but think they've won a lot of fans this post-season with their gutsy performances and lack of equity from the refs. Think this series is over Wednesday though. What is it with Miami and losing Game 1's then rolling off 4 in a row?

Equally think the Grizzlies OKC Series is a 4-1 series now. Don't see OKC having the emotional energy to come back from yet another close loss.

If the Spurs get through and play the Grizzlies in the West Conf. Finals it's going to be pretty dull as both teams aren't exactly lighting it up - the Grizzlies seem to be struggling to beat what has become a 1 man team in Durant and some others, whilst the Spurs look very tired and dare I say it, old?

Also think a lot of people may revise their opinions a little on Westbrook's gunning, as we can see OKC has no-one else they can rely on when you take Durant and him out of the game. Makes the decision to let Harden go look very foolish now.

Think Indiana are going to go 3-1 up tonight too.

I stand by my opinion of Westbrook. He ball hogs to such a degree that it's a detriment to the team and settles for far too many jumpers for my liking when he'd better driving to the basket more so. In saying that...

Are OKC missing Westbrook? Damn right there are. He's one of the best in the league when he has his stroke dialed in and has his eyes opened (for that pass). He sets their tempo/pace with his aggressiveness which is badly missing out there.

Are OKC missing Harden? Of course they're missing him. Nothing new here or was said even when the trade happened. Kevin Martin can't lace up Harden's shoes.

Ibaka actually woke up finally which took some of the weight of Durant's shoulders. Martin was a bit more aggressive which was a pleasant surprise. But it's too late in the day now. They needed to step up sooner. Durant is running on fumes. They MIGHT win Game 5, but the series is over and won't go past Game 6 that's clear.

I'll say little about Perkins today other than it's sickens me watching him out there. Imagine OKC with a proper center! :(

• Advertisement

Hi Nuri,

I said "a little", and that's all I meant - a little!

I have posted many times on here on why is he taking more shots than arguably the 2nd best player in the league at the moment (nevermind the fact that he's a PG). He is a gunner and it will be hard to rein him in no matter who he is playing with (or for - put the house on the Lakers in 2016); I guess I'm just surprised at how p!ss poor the rest of OKC is when you take him out of the rotation.

He's a quality player, but he needs to learn that he's option No. 2 on this team.

Hi Nuri,

I said "a little", and that's all I meant - a little!

I have posted many times on here on why is he taking more shots than arguably the 2nd best player in the league at the moment (nevermind the fact that he's a PG). He is a gunner and it will be hard to rein him in no matter who he is playing with (or for - put the house on the Lakers in 2016); I guess I'm just surprised at how p!ss poor the rest of OKC is when you take him out of the rotation.

He's a quality player, but he needs to learn that he's option No. 2 on this team.

My bad, ignore me. I'll blame the headache this morning I'm carrying :)

I remember your past comments alright which I agreed on.

2012-2013 NBA All-Rookie First Team:

1) Damian Lillard
    2) Bradley Beal
    3) Anthony Davis
    4) Dion Waiters
    5) Harrison Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Would have put MKG in ahead of Waiters myself, having Kyrie is a PG is a much bigger assist to performance then playing for the sh1tcats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Massive, massive game in the Knicks Pacers series tonight. The knicks must win, a loss is basically the series done. Melo and Chandler have been going back and forth in the media since the last game, Smith is sick, Shumpert is a doubt. Its gut check time for this team, Melo has to be big!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Is this on tv? I really hope so :(

Pathetic. It's not even like the Pacers have been outstanding tonight, the Knicks are just chucking brick after brick. JR brick city Smith, smh.

Also, why has Prigioni only played a tad over three minutes?!

Our zone defense is killing us, yes its nullified Hibbert inside, but everytime the Pacers miss andget the rebound the defense is out of position, they got wide open 3s and made them off offensive rebounds.

Melo is playing well but can't do it on his own. We need to see Copeland out there, he can atleast shoot the 3 and drive the lane...Terroble 1st half, I would sit Jr for the second half, he is hindering the Knicks. Melo cant sit in the 2nd half.

Looks like this is the end for this team, unless there is a massive improvement in the 2nd half.

So frustrating to watch... Yet woodie refuses to put in a guy who can make a 3, and spread the floor, Novak or Copeland. Jr is ice cold, but is still chucking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Lets go Indiana

• Advertisement

Nice one Lance

3 - 1 fantastic, Pacers all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pacers ballin' yo.

Haven't seen much the past week(mainly since the 2nd round started).

Has JR sunk?
    Funny how the two stand out 6th men- Crawford and JR seemed to both crumble when the play offs came. Though JR did have some good nights in the Boston series, Crawford was abysmal in every Clippers game.

Haven't seen much the past week(mainly since the 2nd round started).

Has JR sunk?
    Funny how the two stand out 6th men- Crawford and JR seemed to both crumble when the play offs came. Though JR did have some good nights in the Boston series, Crawford was abysmal in every Clippers game.

JR's numbers were okay pre-suspension in Game 5(?) against Boston. Since then he's returned to being a bonehead, ie: out partying after games, catching the flu.. supposedly and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

We're about to find out the fate of the Kings. Let's hope they stay where they belong - in Sacramento.

This escalated quickly.

Bulls were down 24-4 early doors.

Lead by 6 at half time.

Typical 4Q surge from the Heat wraps up the series.

OKC in a do or die situation against the Grizz on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Damn, would've been nice to take it back to Chicago, but good to see the players going down fighting.

What a great series for Jimmy Butler, I'm not sure I've seen anyone guard Lebron as well. Held him to 5-14 tonight while scoring 19 points himself. Will be surprised if he's not the starting SG next season.

Also kind of glad Rose didn't make any rash decisions to return in the playoffs, must've been hard to sit on the sidelines, but gives him the best chance of returning healthy next season.

A lot to look forward to, very encouraged by the playoff run.

• Advertisement

Going off topic for a second. Great to see that the NBA has decided to keep the kings in Sacramento. The proposed move to Seattle is dead

Advertisement