Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

It isn't on TV in Ireland either right? Sky or ESPN not showing it. Thank God for league pass!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well as J said, no it's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Didn't see the new page, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

You're grand! Blah gotta be up early so going to miss this one completely!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thank god for streams is all I'll say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Thank god for streams is all I'll say.

Do you have a decent link?

Do or die for my Knicks, we need to keep Pacers off the offensive glass, move the ball on offensive, and hope JR has a great game. BELIEVE!

Some unbelievable hometown calls so far, George getting away with a blatant push off, and Melo being called for a call on a perfect 3 point close out, bad call on Jr as well just there..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Someone needs to step up in the 2nd half and help out Melo or the Knicks are done. J.R. Smith needs to be benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Good game. Knicks fortunate to be down only 8. Melo is playing well, everyone else on the Knicks is having a shocker. Other Knicks starters are 4-16 combined, JR Smith 1-6, Copeland 1-5. They've been beaten on the boards 25-15.

Pacers executing well, but I'd be a bit concerned I was only up 8. You'd expect the Knicks to play a bit better in the 2nd half (in the sense that they can't get much worse).

• Advertisement

Jesus, Melo's on fire, 31 points mid-way through the 3rd (rest of team: 29).

Its literally Melo v Pacers atm, he is getting no offensive help, JR can't hit a shot, to spread the floor I'd give Novak a few minutes. Pacers should be out of sight, but Melo is keeping knicks head above the water.

Right now any possession that does not end with Melo is a bad one.

edit - Shump going loco from 3 land :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bout bloody time Shump. Come on Knicks

And the Knicks make 4 threes in about 2 minutes to tie it up, set up for a great finish now.

And Shump answers the prayers, 3 3's in a row, and the Jr who looked like he wouldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat hit one, and the game is tied! What just happened?

Melo 16, Shump 15 in that quarter. Finely poised going into 4th!

Fantastic game, tied with 4:32 left. Melo's cooled off a bit. The Pacers don't seem to really have a go-to guy, I'm surprised they're not running more stuff for Paul George. Hibbert and West doing the business for them though. Anybody's game.

Congrats to the Pacers, right team won. Pressure on them when the Knicks tied it up after 3, but they held their nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Knicks showed some poor basketball IQ towards the end after making a good run, better team won and hopefully can push Miami.

On a side note, some of the worst refereeing I have ever seen in these playoffs, just let the players play, whatever happened to the no call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Conference Finals start tonight. The Spurs start at home as 5 point favourites over Memphis. How do you all see this series going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Paully D wrote: »
    Conference Finals start tonight. The Spurs start at home as 5 point favourites over Memphis. How do you all see this series going?

This is going to game 7. I think the Spurs will just about get through a tough physical battle.

Memphis in 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Memphis in 6 as I previously posted. Think they'll steal one of the first 2 in San An.

Should be a great series though.

The bookies have it very even, and I find it hard to pick as well. A contrast in styles, the Grizzlies have the advantage in the bigs, the Spurs have the advantage in the guards and their ability to create open jump-shots. Whoever wins will be whoever imposes their style on the series, and that's the question that's difficult to answer, so I think game 1 tonight will be very interesting.

Conley's an increasingly important player for the Grizz (averaging 17.6/7.6/4.8 in the playoffs), so his matchup with Parker will be significant, and it'll be interesting to see if the Spurs have any specific tactics to get the ball out of his hands, trapping etc.

I'll go for Spurs in 6, with their experience, and their adaptability under Popovich, but I could equally see them being unable to handle Zeebo & Gasol inside, and the Grizzlies grinding it out.

Great pic from last night's game. Mid-way through the 4th, Knicks lead by 2, Melo's outside shot had stopped falling, but he'd lost Paul George with a spin-move and drove baseline, looked to be in for a dunk when this happened....

BKohLfCCcAAmM56.jpg

Psychologically it was huge, he had carried them for so much of the game, and now it seemed he'd hit the wall. The Pacers went on a 9-0 run after that, to effectively close out the game.

Grizz in 6 for me.

Memphis can't grab a board. 31-14 to San Antonio after one.

51-37 at the half to the Spurs. The Grizzlies have about 2 offensive rebounds, which is an area they should be exploiting if they are to win. Bonner is hitting everything from downtown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Spurs looking far too good so far, a different class.

Advertisement