Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Celtics are such a tough, tough team.

On another note, I swear I've seen Melo have this exact game against the Bulls a few weeks back!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Green with 20 first half points.Has made two buzzer beating 3 pointers.
    Melo started off hitting everything but the Celtics have frustrated him
    in the last few minutes of the half. Hope the Celtics can keep it going.

Refs are calling this one very strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

NBA have free league pass this weekend to watch all the games online.

You need to enter your credit card details and cancel before 12pm ET on the 22nd or they will charge the $70 for the rest of the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

recyclebin wrote: »
    NBA have free league pass this weekend to watch all the games online.

You need to enter your credit card details and cancel before 12pm ET on the 22nd or they will charge the $70 for the rest of the playoffs.

How are other finding the quality? I find it's gotten poor in the second half, but maybe it's just my coverage? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Celtic's have been cold in the second half, ice cold from the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

6 points in 13 minutes is not going to win you any playoff games,
    Disappointing 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Cygnus wrote: »
    How are other finding the quality? I find it's gotten poor in the second half, but maybe it's just my coverage? :mad:

Mines been close to perfect. There was a small patch at the start of the third were it was a bit jumpy but been good all game other than that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

NBA League Pass on the big screen by way of Apple TV (so no HDMIs or messing around) = heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Am I the only one who thinks the second game tonight is going to be much better

• Advertisement

Entertaining start to the Playoffs. Knicks win Game 1!

Felexicon wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the second game tonight is going to be much better

High pace, end to end. It's gonna be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    High pace, end to end. It's gonna be a cracker.
    It might be the most entertaining series of the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Get in! Great d in the 2nd half, from kenyon in particular was the key. Job done, lets get the next one now. Looking forward to Denver v GSW now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

These are just terrible numbers for the amount of time they spent on the floor!
    Player Mins FGM-FGA FTM-FTA 3PM-3PA +/- OR Reb A Blk Stl TO PF Pts
    C. Copeland 12:46 0-3 0-0 0-2 +11 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0
    T. Chandler 20:25 0-0 0-0 0-0 +8 1 5 0 0 1 0 3 0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    If Noah's fit I would be disappointed if we didn't beat them over a series to be honest, but it seems he is really struggling so it's very hard to call. If Noah's alright I go Bulls in 6, if not I think a coin toss, too close to call and it will take 7 games. Hopefully we'll come out on the right side of it!

Yeah tough now with Noah missing game 1, I assumed he was gonna at least start the series. That makes it more 50-50, and maybe tips it in the Nets' favour. You can see them trying to exploit this by going to Lopez more on offense. Nazr will have to step up, and do it while staying out of foul trouble. Don't need a Noah-like performance from him, but something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I vehemently disagree with anyone who acts like benches aren't that big of a deal in the playoffs, and that the game is always won by whoever has the better starters. Boston's bench gave them absolutely nothing while New York had guys like Kidd and K-Mart making smart plays at the end of the game. Having a good bench can without question push you over the top in any given game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Upset is possible in this Warriors-Nuggets series, watching the first half.

Denver's going to need Faried to win this series. Koufos and McGee just aren't good enough for playoff basketball

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

padraig_f wrote: »
    Upset is possible in this Warriors-Nuggets series, watching the first half.

I think it was on Bill Simmons' podcast, but I heard a very good argument for the Warriors beating the Nuggets: basically saying that the team with the best player generally wins a best-of-7-series...and the best player in this series is Steph Curry.

Now I think that's a bit simplistic, especially when you take into account how GSW can undo some of his most awe-inspiring one-man efforts and still lose, but it's food for thought nonetheless. Can he take them far enough to do something special? Nah, that's a massive reach. But one play-off upset against, oh I dunno, a team with one of their best players sidelined is definitely doable...

• Advertisement

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Denver's going to need Faried to win this series. Koufos and McGee just aren't good enough for playoff basketball

I wouldn't agree that McGee isn't good enough, he's just not consistent enough, he makes some boneheaded plays, but can win you games with his pure atlethesism! I wouldn't have believed you before the game if you told me before the game that Curry would go 1 for 10 and that GSW would be leading. I still fancy the nuggets in this one though

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I vehemently disagree with anyone who acts like benches aren't that big of a deal in the playoffs, and that the game is always won by whoever has the better starters. Boston's bench gave them absolutely nothing while New York had guys like Kidd and K-Mart making smart plays at the end of the game. Having a good bench can without question push you over the top in any given game.

I'm with you on that. Knicks bench had 33 and Celtics had 4. Huge, huge difference and ultimately what decided the game as the Celtics only scored 8 points in the 4th.

This is really sloppy basketball.

Altitude looks like its taking its toll on Curry right now, he looks gassed. Lee breathing heavily too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Gret finish to the 3rd by nuggets

..And the Nuggets class beginning to show. No wonder they have won 23 straight at their gym.

Altitude surely a factor for their home record?

Jesus, Corey Brewer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

kmart6 wrote: »
    These are just terrible numbers for the amount of time they spent on the floor!

To be fair with Chandler, he has being out injured for a good while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Ah, so that is the difference between regular season and play offs. Denver really really really really have to improve on the free throws.Still they are going strong now. That is some bench! Even McGee is doing decent. But, if they get past the Warriors, they are in serious trouble

• Advertisement

Lee is fcuked. Miller big for Denver tonight.

Advertisement