Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Grant Hill just retired live on TV.

The Pacers have missed so many easy baskets in the last couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Reminiscent of Game 5, with the Pacers (aside from Hibbert, who's been immense) not taking their chances while the Heat are playing poorly.

7-0 run. That's a bit more like it. I'd love to see a Game 7, but the only downside would be having to watch another game on Sky Sports. Thank god ESPN have the US coverage for the Finals.

LeBron flopping again, oh **** off LeBron.

• Advertisement

Fan-tastic 3rd quarter from the Pacers. If LeBron wasn't on the court, I'd say this game was over. Right now it looks as if we're heading for a game 7 though.

Pacers will bottle this yet.

Just stuck €5 on Miami @ 13/2 on Paddy Power.

Pathetic reaction from LeBron, but that was hilarious watching him sprinting down the court :pac:

leggo wrote: »
    Just stuck €5 on Miami @ 13/2 on Paddy Power.

Cursed them.

• Advertisement

Well done Indiana, a great third quarter but despite them looking dodgy at the start of the fourth they went on a couple of big runs. I still expect Miami to progress, but if Wade and Bosh play like bums again then the Pacers certainly have a good chance.

Credit to David West too, he played the game with a 103 degree fever and recorded a double-double.

Spurs will be loving this. Plenty of rest and time to game-plan for whoever their opponent is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Congrats to the Pacers, thought they were getting a bit tight at the start of the 4th, when they let a lead of 15 drop down to 4, but pulled away again. I like how calm Vogel is in the mic'd up clips, you expect him to be all fire-and-brimstone, and he's calmly giving the players advice. That coolness I think must translate to the players.

Can't wait for game 7 Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Lebron can go f*ck himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

heat were dreadful last night, wade and bosh playing like two completely different players from this time last year

roy hibberts been head and shoulders the mvp of this series so far though, heat haven't been able to deal with the big guy at all, he was channelling some kareem abdul-jabbar there for a while last night with those skyhooks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

You have to wonder how the heat would do with a semi physical centre. Would prob make up for both the wade and Bosh stinkathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

TRue but then they would lose the great floor spacing and lanes in the paint they get with bosh

limerickfc wrote: »
    TRue but then they would lose the great floor spacing and lanes in the paint they get with bosh

Tbh I think its the 3 point shooters in the corner that spaces the floor more then anything. At this point LBJ is basically back in Cleveland with slightly better players around him, if he doesnt win the game himself then the heat will lose

Predictions for tonight lads? Bookies make Heat 7 point favourites.

I'm not sure tbh, unless wade n bosh step it up then the heat could be in trouble. There is only so many times LBJ can carry them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Posted my impressions from a betting perspective here.

From a game perspective, I'm just interested to see how much the Heat go to Wade and Bosh with their recent struggles, or if they ride Lebron more. Their pattern for much of the season has been that Lebron is more of a facilitator in the first half, and tries to take over more as a scorer in the second half. With Bosh and Wade struggling, do they go to Lebron more in the first half?

I suspect they have a kind of compromise, start off as normal, but be willing to go to Lebron earlier if things aren't working out.

There's also a question of energy, after Lebron ran out of steam in the game 4 defeat (when he had those two turnovers at the end), I suspected he was conserving his energy a bit more. They took a couple of his minutes off, and he seems to be picking his spots a bit more. So I'm very interested to see his usage rate in the first half (of course the ideal scenario for the Heat is that Wade & Bosh do step up in the first half).

For the Pacers, it's more about execution and keeping their heads, understanding calls may go against them. I thought they did a nice job in game 6 of pushing the ball in transition to get some easy 2s from their guards, so need to do that again. They had some high turnover rates in recent games, so need to keep things relatively simple and execute.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

7 points is too much I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Pacers are in bonus territory now. Not that many expected them to get this far. I expect this one to be as close as game 1 and it could go either way.

Big ups to Jason Kidd and Grant Hill. Both have announced their retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Early 6 point lead for the pacers!

I ended up doing them +6.5 and draw at the end of the first quarter :D

4 turnovers in 10 possessions for the Pacers, but they're up by 6. Good start for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Spoelstra with a little grin on his face after calling the timeout, me thinks Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade are gonna be told to relax with the shooting. LeBron is overpassing.

No technical for LeBron hanging on to the rim and celebrating after that?

Bosh continuing to be hilarious.

The Chalmers flop was comical too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Great move by wade for the dunk

• Advertisement

Roy Hibbert is a joy to watch.

Advertisement