Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Carroller wrote: »
    I ended up doing them +6.5 and draw at the end of the first quarter :D

:(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

boshflop_medium.gif

PaulGeorge_original.gif?1370307732

Flopping_original.gif?1370307757

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Indiana with 9 turnovers in the first quarter and they're still leading.

Miami shooting 28%.
    Bosh [1-8] seriously needs to stop shooting. In fact, just leave Birdman in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jesus, the Pacers bench is a joke.

Miami up 10 now.

Bosh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Occasion looking too big for the Pacers, the offense is an absolute shambles. The Heat players are playing well, to be fair.

Haven't seen travelling called this often........ever. :confused:

This is over.

Hibbert is so going to get fouled out.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hibbert is so going to get fouled out.

Should be worth a few bleeps in his post game interview :pac:

• Advertisement

Miami out-rebounding the pacers so far.

Really no excuse for that.

15 turnovers at the half, absolutely ridiculous turnovers at that. Out-rebounded and outscored in the paint. Pacers woes in a nutshell. Woeful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Right this is over, off to bed

Good season for the Pacers. Thought the Heat would win the series in 5 or 6, but the Pacers got it to 7 games, and if it wasn't for a poor coaching decision and awful defensive play in Game 1, they'd probably be in the Finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

lebron james is a beast, can the spurs stop him.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Good season for the Pacers. Thought the Heat would win the series in 5 or 6, but the Pacers got it to 7 games, and if it wasn't for a poor coaching decision and awful defensive play in Game 1, they'd probably be in the Finals.

I really can not see much logic in that last part of your statement, you are basing a hypothetical outcome of what could of happened in game 1 and then saying the probable outcome would of been a Pacers win in the series.

I can see the Spurs being able to hold home court and sneaking one on the road, going to be extremely hard but they have pops who can get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I'm taking Miami in 5, maybe 6. I wouldn't read too much into the Pacers series, it was a match-up nightmare which played to Miami's weaknesses and they still came through with flying colours. The Spurs have been pretty ineffective against Miami in their regular season encounters, and I think the long lay-off will work against them early on. The individual games will be close, but I think Miami win this without nearly as many problems as the Pacers gave them.

I really can not see much logic in that last part of your statement, you are basing a hypothetical outcome of what could of happened in game 1 and then saying the probable outcome would of been a Pacers win in the series.

I can see the Spurs being able to hold home court and sneaking one on the road, going to be extremely hard but they have pops who can get it done.

It was an opinion. Not a statement. Perhaps I could have phrased it better, but I was tired going into the fourth

As was said before, Heat weren't going to lose two in a row after Game 4. Game 7 was a formality result wise with home court advantage, not score wise, though I didn't expect the Pacers to go down without a whimper like they did last night it must be said. Yes, they're a turnover heavy team but that was worsened tenfold compared to an average game of theirs that I've seen this season. The series was there for the taking at any rate. Few quarters throughout is what separated both teams throughout. Losing in the manner in they did in Game 1 when that was there for the win and ditto Game 5(?) where they making bonehead play after play in the third quarter and the Heat outscored them 30-14 I think it was and went on to win by 11.

It's not all doom n gloom for Indiana. They did a very admirable job taking the series to 7 games let's face it, but the chance was there for sure.

As for the Heat vs Spurs, Heat in 6 for me. Just hope Duncan and co. make a series of it.

leggo wrote: »
    I'm taking Miami in 5, maybe 6. I wouldn't read too much into the Pacers series, it was a match-up nightmare which played to Miami's weaknesses and they still came through with flying colours. The Spurs have been pretty ineffective against Miami in their regular season encounters, and I think the long lay-off will work against them early on. The individual games will be close, but I think Miami win this without nearly as many problems as the Pacers gave them.

Both rested.. sorry, they had injured players who didn't feature. Can't really take much away from that. I do agree with the long lay-off comment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Thoughts on game 7...

- Anti-climactic in the end, I was hoping it would go down to the 4th quarter, but was really over at half-time.

- The Heat played like they'd been in those situations before and rose to the occasion. Lebron attacked the rim, Bosh shot badly but didn't shrink from the occasion, and where did that Wade performance come from? Looked a different player. Ray Allen made threes, and the defense played with a ferocious intensity.

- Implicit in that though is a criticism: where was that performance for the previous 6 games? This series didn't really need to go 7 games.

- The Pacers didn't really rise to the occasion. With the Heat playing as well as they did, I don't think it mattered too much how the Pacers played. But they'll be disappointed that they went away from their gameplan. The double-teaming troubled Hibbert into some early turnovers, but they went away from that, and then the offense fell apart. They should've stuck with West/Hibbert as the offensive anchor. Hibbert had just 2 FGAs in the first half.

- Over the series, the Pacers have a lot to be proud of. They punched above their weight and game 7 was more of a regression to the mean. They have good young core to build on in Hill/George/Hibbert. Ultimately though, the roster wasn't really strong enough to go to a finals...they need to add some depth and 3-point shooting to space the floor (not sure Lance Stephenson is a starting 2-guard in a contending team).

- As much as I was rooting for the Pacers, Heat-Spurs is a better finals. The best-coached team against the team with the most talent, I love the matchup from that respect. The question I have going into the finals is, which is the real Miami? The great performance in game 7 last night, or the indifferent one we saw for much of the series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Damn you Wade. Another performance when it matters has sent my Pacers packing for another year. Heat defence took it up a level and they were winning rebounds that they hadn't been winning in any of the other six games.

As a Pacer fan I can look forward to next season where I think they can only get better. If Granger comes back and maybe one good signing then I think they will win the east next season.

Probably won't get to see much live action of the Pacers on TV so I guess I won't be back here until next years playoffs. I'm not great at watching other teams play especially when my own team gets knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Personally I'm glad the heat won, not out of anti pacer sentiment but more pro the single best athlete in any sport winning bias.

Also couldn't have faced Reggie doing commentary on a pacers final series

Interesting stat - home teams have won 80% of game sevens (112) throughout NBA history. Just shows how key home advantage is in those situations.

Pacers are going to be contenders for quite a while. Very young core of talented players who play in quite a weak conference. They can be proud of the season they have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Need to sort out that garbage bench. Probably the worst bench in the NBA.

Trailblazers bench is the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Both rested.. sorry, they had injured players who didn't feature. Can't really take much away from that. I do agree with the long lay-off comment though.

I'd agree that you can't read too much into regular season meetings (remember Chicago swept Miami a few years ago then lost 4-1 even with a fit and healthy D Rose for example?), but even their last encounter was telling. It was Miami who rested their players, with Spurs still chasing the #1 seed and definitely playing for the win in SA. Miami still won.

I just don't see the Spurs providing the same match-up problems for them as the Pacers did. The only advantage they have is that they've played more as a unit over these play-offs. But this whole 'Miami walking in after a tough 7-game series against rested opposition' vibe is eerily similar to last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Great article from Zach Lowe previewing the NBA finals http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9343323/previewing-heat-spurs-2013-nba-finals

Fairly quiet here. Even though I think Heat will win and will it in 5 games, I don't think anyone would begrudge Pop and Duncan another ring. So let's go Spurs :p

tim-duncan-spurs-championship-banners-1920x1200-wallpaper-basketwallpapers-com.jpg?w=610&h=381

And in other news, George Karl and the Nuggets have parted ways! Playoff record is shocking and that was the tipping point I imagine. Coach of the Year and Executive of the Year out the door now in Denver.

• Advertisement

Fairly quiet here. Even though I think Heat will win and will it in 5 games, I don't think anyone would begrudge Pop and Duncan another ring. So let's go Spurs :p

I just can't get excited for this at all to be honest. I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Heat will win it in 5 or 6 games. I also hate them, so that's probably another reason why :pac:

Advertisement