Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Jason Kidd is now odds on to be the new Nets head coach I see. It's just the kind of move that Prokhorov would make. The move would get Brooklyn big media attention, and although it's obviously risky,the reported hiring of Lawrence Frank as an assistant coach though would allow Kidd to learn on the job. Prokhorov is looking to make a splash, and he would obviously have the backing of nets fans, he's probably there best ever player.
    Here's Van Gundy's take on the situation.

“There are so many people out there who have great experience in coaching,” Van Gundy said on NBC Sports Radio. “To go for a guy who has never coached anywhere at any level to me is mind-boggling. And if you decide to do that as a front-office guy, your job will be on the line and should be on the line if it doesn’t work out.”

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Kidd will be introduced tomorrow at a press conference. It's official.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

who do you think would be this season's champ?:P
    close fight for game 4..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Crazy on J Kidd. Crazy - for the reasons I alluded to previously, for everything Van Gundy said and for the quality of proven coaches that are out there. If Doc goes that will be 7 (out of 16) Playoff Teams that have parted ways with their coach this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I feel bad for the Spurs for what LeBron is about to do to them in Game 4. He won't have another repeat of Game 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I feel bad for the Spurs for what LeBron is about to do to them in Game 4. He won't have another repeat of Game 3.

Seems to be some talk that he might be played at center tonight, with Mike Miller starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Looks like Parker is going to play, but was watching the betting line to see how much they allow for the injury, and it's moved from Spurs -2 in game 3 to Spurs +1 in game 4, so oddsmakers think it's still a factor.

I see the Heat are considering a change to the starting lineup, moving Haslem out for Mike Miller...Mike Miller potential Game 4 starter

I don't think Spoelstra's a bad coach, but I sometimes get the impression when he makes changes, that he's trying random stuff, rather than having a conviction that something's going to work. I guess the thinking here is to use Miller to draw defenders out of the paint, so Lebron can attack the rim more.

The Spurs have been excellent at keeping Lebron away from the rim, and one reason they're able to do this is that Wade is not a threat from 3. So stick in Miller at the 3 spot, Lebron at the 4, and create some more space inside. Could cost them on the defensive end though.

(maybe a better option...replace Wade in the starting lineup with Ray Allen/Mike Miller).

Andre Drummond posterizing Chris Brown :pac:

781064586.gif?1371151097

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

^ That is all kind of awesomeness :D

Paully D wrote: »
    Seems to be some talk that he might be played at center tonight, with Mike Miller starting.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Clearly trying to get Lebron into the paint and onto the foul line early. Could work, but could also backfire. They're going smaller and lighter again so expect San An to go inside and try and get LeBron into foul trouble early - also likely if they put him on Parker.

Miami have to win this IMO, but I'm not sure they will. It really depends on TP's health. If he's slowed down and his movement is inhibited by the hamstring that'll be a big leveller and no way will San An be hitting all those 3's again or will Miami shoot that badly. If TP is fully healthy I expect the spurs to win, if not, who knows....could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Recent history has me leaning towards a Miami win, but I wouldn't put money anywhere near it. If the Spurs have another blowout then this series could be settled by Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Really pulling for a MIA win here. Bosh and Wade dont really deserve it but Lebron's play over the last year deserves another ring

This is the biggest game of the series. Lebron has to get to the line tonight, ridiculous that he hasn't shot 10 free throws this series. If he plays the 4 or 5 then I see him having a big one.

There is some talk that Miller will start instead of UH tonight but to be honest I would like to see him start in place of Wade although I doubt Spo has the cojones to make that decision

stuchyg wrote: »
    Really pulling for a MIA win here. Bosh and Wade dont really deserve it but Lebron's play over the last year deserves another ring

I gave up LeBron-hating when he dominated OKC last year, but you don't deserve a ring if you can be phased out in the Finals.

Granted, I think that's down to Pop and the Spurs D effectively phasing him out - and taking advantage of Wade's and Bosh's decline in doing so - more than him straightforward 'choking'. But Jordan wouldn't let himself get phased out of finals...once he started winning them that is.

As great as LBJ's regular season was, the Finals are where the true greats come out to play. And, so far, he hasn't done so in this series. If anything, Miami's great regular season could've been a precursor to them flopping in the finals: Wade is plain banged up right now and LeBron looks tired and unfocused. They got greedy and wanted the record and right now maybe, just maybe, they're paying the price. We'll see though.

leggo wrote: »
    I gave up LeBron-hating when he dominated OKC last year, but you don't deserve a ring if you can be phased out in the Finals.

Granted, I think that's down to Pop and the Spurs D effectively phasing him out - and taking advantage of Wade's and Bosh's decline in doing so - more than him straightforward 'choking'. But Jordan wouldn't let himself get phased out of finals...once he started winning them that is.

As great as LBJ's regular season was, the Finals are where the true greats come out to play. And, so far, he hasn't done so in this series. If anything, Miami's great regular season could've been a precursor to them flopping in the finals: Wade is plain banged up right now and LeBron looks tired and unfocused. They got greedy and wanted the record and right now maybe, just maybe, they're paying the price. We'll see though.

Tbh if everyone else would make a shot his performance would be great, how many open looks have his teammate missed from his assists. If those shots go in then the floor opens up and LBJ goes to work.

stuchyg wrote: »
    Tbh if everyone else would make a shot his performance would be great, how many open looks have his teammate missed from his assists. If those shots go in then the floor opens up and LBJ goes to work.

Oh I agree, like I said this isn't a straightforward 'choking' deal. The only reason San Antonio's D are able to deal with LeBron is because they only to really need focus on keeping him quiet, since the rest will mess their own opportunities up (except for Mike Miller, apparently).

But does that make him more Wilt than Jordan then? He doesn't have Wilt's selfishness on the court, granted, but in terms of him being more concerned about his own legacy than in raising his teammates' level when it counts? Is he an elite individual player who may not be a proven winner when leading his team? We thought those questions were answered last year, but damn, if he goes 1-2 in Finals appearances with Miami then they have to start cropping up again...

I don't mean to write his obituary just yet. Like I said earlier, I'm leaning slightly towards Miami for tonight, but I just feel that unless he single-handedly wins this series or takes it to 7 (and on current evidence, that's what he'll have to do) then we can't really argue that he deserves a ring. Regular season form doesn't matter if you mess up the playoffs, especially when you have the expectations on your shoulders that LeBron does.

BMrDp_mCMAAnARn.png

Grim reading there (ignoring the error where they have 50% as hot but 58.3% in the paint as neutral :pac:). Big struggles outside the paint.

Of course a huge amount of that comes down to great defending, but I think LeBron needs to attack the paint and take over tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I love the music they play while announcing the heat lineup :D

• Advertisement

Love the undertaker music the spurs had for the heat!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

Love the undertaker music the spurs had for the heat!
    hahaha...:D cool!!!i bet they would really have a good game tonight.go for game 5..:D

Miller in the starting line up. Thought for ages he should get more minutes, didn't see him starting, should be interesting.

Miami are all over the place early doors.

Nothing more frustrating then seeing Bosh and Wade missing relatively open looks while the Spurs are hitting contested threes.

Spurs picking up where they left off.

Lebron is gonna go big tonight. Very aggressive so far.

Lebron is gonna go big tonight. Very aggressive so far.

Yep, he's going to take over. I just hope that it's not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

It's all about wade. Dominant.

Advertisement