Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

This is as good as a Game 7 situation. I can't see either team winning the remaining 2 games if they lose tonight.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Do or die for San Antonio IMO. Must win. Let's go Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Great pace so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Love Boris Diaw, guarding Lebron and two awesome passes so far.

Miami needs to call the fire brigade, Green has reached supernova. Ties Allen's 3 record of 22 for a Playoff Final.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

time for game 5..go spurs redeem yourselves..:)

Sensational half of basketball that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Spurs shooting over 60% that first half.
    Surely they can't sustain that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Danny green is outstanding

DannyGreenThree_original.gif?1371433852

RayAllenReacts_original.gif?1371433770

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Another 3 by Green and a huge one too.

THIS is the Manu Ginobili I'm used too. He's stood up and has been counted tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Crazy finish to the 3rd, Spurs go on a 12-1 run after Heat bringing it to 1. Ginobli turns it on with 7 points in that run as Heats offence falls to pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Green's last three pointer was absolutely ridiculous. When he took it, I was thinking what an idiot :pac:

All day!

Dagger Green.

Yup.

Wow, awesome performance from the Spurs, because the Heat didn't play badly (Wade 10-22, Bosh 7-11, Allen 7-10).

Great to see Manu step up in their last home game, but all the starters really played well...Green, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, all had great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Two chances now for the Spurs. I really hope they can get it done.

Joey Crawford surely nailed on for game six? :pac:

hurray for spurs...the got it goin yeah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The question now, essentially, becomes: who do you fancy in a Game 7 situation? Personally, I can't see the Heat choking like they did in Games 1 and 3 or being as outclassed as they were last night. I think cometh the hour, cometh the man, and they can win 2 straight at home with LeBron going into beast mode.

But wow, as I said on Twitter last night, so far this series has gone exactly to plan for Pop and not at all to plan for Spo. This SA side are too good to give two shots at closing out the series.

• Advertisement

well they may take it to game 7,maybe to boost ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Manu........24pts, 10 assists. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Think he'll start 6.

Jut on the CP3 to Indiana talk from last night. Paul can effectively walk to anywhere with nothing going the other way. The only problem teams will have in trying to sign Paul is they'll likely have to give something up to be able to afford him - or pay an insane amount of luxury tax.

As the Clippers have his Bird rights, chances are he'll stay there (this in increased manifold if KG and Doc Rivers go there*); after that most likely I think is Houston (with Dwight Howard).

*in fact, I assume that's part of the deal for KG and Doc - that Paul stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

BQQ wrote: »
    Spurs shooting over 60% that first half.
    Surely they can't sustain that.

Eh.....actually, it seems they can. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

ginobilli took that starting spot and went with it superb, spurs will need bench to pick up scoring thou was all on the starting 5 today.

Green was immense his line was only 12pts too

seva42413 wrote: »
    well they may take it to game 7,maybe to boost ratings.

David Stern and the NBA in yet another Conspiracy Theory......;)

Random thoughts....

- The bookies still have the Heat as slight favourites to win the title, 10/13 to the Spurs' 11/10. I thought the Spurs would be favourites with two chances to win, but I'll take their word for it.

- Still a long way to go, but I think Spoelstra changes things too much. A lot has been made of the Heat's inconsistency and I think Spoelstra feeds into this a bit. Players rely on familiarity, comfort playing with each other. Chopping-and-changing between Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole, and then played with no point-guard at times. Putting Mike Miller into the starting lineup, who'd playing very little for them to that point. I thought Birdman was a big factor for them earlier in the playoffs, but he didn't play at all last night. You can change things too little (like Scott Brooks in the finals last year), but I think you can overdo it as well, there's a sweet spot to be found.

- Some great minutes from Boris Diaw off the bench last night, getting his chance with Splitter having a bad series. Very versatile for a big man. Looked comfortable enough guarding Lebron, I thought Lebron would attack that matchup more, and they'd be forced to change, but that didn't happen.

Green is now five 3's shy of Reggie Miller’s 58 in 2000, the most in a single playoffs in NBA history.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Green is now five 3's shy of Reggie Miller’s 58 in 2000, the most in a single playoffs in NBA history.

wow!!!!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

padraig_f wrote: »
    - The bookies still have the Heat as slight favourites to win the title, 10/13 to the Spurs' 11/10. I thought the Spurs would be favourites with two chances to win, but I'll take their word for it.

If you think about it, though, as great as SA have been...Heat still have home court advantage.

• Advertisement

Advertisement