Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Some ****ing game. Spurs had it wrapped up twice and Heat caught up. Kawhai missing that vital free throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Heat to take it to game 7

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

I don't usually follow basketball. Can't sleep tonight just turned it on. My god what a game and soooo exciting. Gooooo heat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Stunning game. Typical Ray Allen. Hope the Spurs can take it tonight, would be horrible to lose it when both Ginobli and Leonard had chances to ice it with free throws.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

update pls on OT

Manu wins it in game 5 and loses it in game 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

shocked by the spurs shooting in OT and giving away the big lead too, blown this a bit, really thought manu looked like he got fouled on the drive at end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Spurs had their chance and blew it. A decent lead going into the fourth when it should have been Dallas 2011 all over again, then the chances at the free throw line at the end when 1 more point would have done and then Ginobili with so many awful plays in overtime. The old saying ''you've got to make your free throws'' has never been more true. Gutted for the Spurs. :(

Do many of you give the Spurs much of a chance in game seven? I just think they'll be so deflated after tonight that it'll be extremely difficult to come so close to winning again. I'd be amazed if they can come back from this loss tonight.

I guess the fact no team has won back-to-back games in this series so far is something to cling on to.

As for the Heat fans who cleared out of the stadium with about a minute left. Jeez :pac:

So Ray Allen turned out to be a critical signing.

Those free throws are gonna haunt Spurs if they lose this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Never thought it would be this bright at 05:20am :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I would expect more of the same on Thursday, Spurs are too experienced and professional to get too deflated, it's anyone's with the edge to Miami of course. Couple of questionable decision s by the refs but that's how it goes.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shaking my head still.

8 TOs from Manu and he was still on the court handling the ball in the final minute

8 TOs from Manu and he was still on the court handling the ball in the final minute

Have a lot of time for Manu but that was beyond woeful from start to finish. Should have been benched a lot sooner. His presser is on atm for anyone still watching, should be interesting.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Have a lot of time for Manu but that was beyond woeful from start to finish. Should have been benched a lot sooner. His presser is on atm for anyone still watching, should be interesting.

They all look so deflated, as expected. I just hope they can bounce back.

Paully D wrote: »
    Spurs had their chance and blew it. A decent lead going into the fourth when it should have been Dallas 2011 all over again, then the chances at the free throw line at the end when 1 more point would have done and then Ginobili with so many awful plays in overtime. The old saying ''you've got to make your free throws'' has never been more true. Gutted for the Spurs. :(

Do many of you give the Spurs much of a chance in game seven? I just think they'll be so deflated after tonight that it'll be extremely difficult to come so close to winning again. I'd be amazed if they can come back from this loss tonight.

I guess the fact no team has won back-to-back games in this series so far is something to cling on to.

As for the Heat fans who cleared out of the stadium with about a minute left. Jeez :pac:
    geezz..spurs should really have to work on their freethrows..they almost had it,but then again looks like they just threw the game..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yes, they missed a couple of key free throws but officiating and a couple of big calls/no-calls cost San An.

1. The Ray Allen foul on Manu just before OT is a flagrant 1 IMO which gives posession back to San An = Game Over.
    2. The no-call in OT on Manu is an aboslute joke. I'm sorry but that's a 4 point swing with the game on the line. Dreadful offciating.

I'd like to see Pop's postgame. Actually, he's too smart to say anything to get him a fine so I'd like to know what he's really thinking.

• Advertisement

Oh, and how about LeBron's 2 x 3 point bricks he threw up at the end of regulation. The worst part about these for the Spurs were that because they were such bricks it enbaled the Heat to get 2 offensive rebounds and have 2 more 3 attempts (which LeBron and Allen hit). If they were pure shooter's soft shots they don't bang off the rim/backboard like that.

Such sucker punches.:mad:

I see online that Nike had these in the bag for LeBron - could have backfired horribly last night:

nike-lebron-x-low-2-time-champion-2.jpg

nike-lebron-x-low-2-time-champion-4.jpg
    nike-lebron-x-low-2-time-champion-3.jpg

Reporter: How do you get your guys to game 7?
    Pop: We get them on the bus, it arrives at the ramp over here, we get off the bus, we go on the court and we play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Looks like I missed a classic last night.

I know Popovich is a great coach, but sometimes it seems he's immune from criticism as a result.
    Frank Vogel was torched for leaving Hibbert on the bench at the end of game 1 in the east finals.
    Pop leaves Duncan sitting while Miami get 2 huge offensive rebounds that lead to 3-pointers in the last 25 seconds of regulation and.....not a peep.

Having said that, I think it will be Spolstra doing the head scratching tonight.
    He shut down Parker AND Green, Manu was terrible, Miami shot 58% from the 3-point line (actually 10/14 if you take out Lebron's efforts), rebounds and turnovers were pretty much even, Heat had a better FG%...

All this and they just scraped a win in overtime. :confused:

One area he could look at is free throws. Spurs have shot more in every game of the series bar game 2 when they shot 14 apiece.
    Not much you can do about foul calls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

BQQ wrote: »
    Looks like I missed a classic last night.

I know Popovich is a great coach, but sometimes it seems he's immune from criticism as a result.
    Frank Vogel was torched for leaving Hibbert on the bench at the end of game 1 in the east finals.
    Pop leaves Duncan sitting while Miami get 2 huge offensive rebounds that lead to 3-pointers in the last 25 seconds of regulation and.....not a peep.

Having said that, I think it will be Spolstra doing the head scratching tonight.
    He shut down Parker AND Green, Manu was terrible, Miami shot 58% from the 3-point line (actually 10/14 if you take out Lebron's efforts), rebounds and turnovers were pretty much even, Heat had a better FG%...

All this and they just scraped a win in overtime. :confused:

One area he could look at is free throws. Spurs have shot more in every game of the series bar game 2 when they shot 14 apiece.
    Not much you can do about foul calls though.

Great point. A lot of the fawning over Pop for the last week has been a bit over the top. Taking off Parker in OT and giving Ginobili license to commit his 8th turnover wasn't too bright either. He deserves to get roasted but I won't hold my breath.

Yes, they missed a couple of key free throws but officiating and a couple of big calls/no-calls cost San An.

1. The Ray Allen foul on Manu just before OT is a flagrant 1 IMO which gives posession back to San An = Game Over.
    2. The no-call in OT on Manu is an aboslute joke. I'm sorry but that's a 4 point swing with the game on the line. Dreadful offciating.

I'd like to see Pop's postgame. Actually, he's too smart to say anything to get him a fine so I'd like to know what he's really thinking.

The sad thing is, there is no surprise. You like me and many of the regular viewers here knew things weren't going to call it down the stretch if it went down to the wire, and that is what happened.
    Great point. A lot of the fawning over Pop for the last week has been a bit over the top. Taking off Parker in OT and giving Ginobili license to commit his 8th turnover wasn't too bright either. He deserves to get roasted but I won't hold my breath.

There is a lot of love for Pop for his legacy not just this series or one or two games. He's built a dynasty and is all about team ball. He doesn't care about what Stern and his cronies think. I greatly respect him for this.
    All coaches make mistakes including the great Phil Jackson. Of course this is just one element of many others, but it's those coaches that cut down on those mistakes over the years that have the lasting impact the likes of Jackson and Pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The sad thing is, there is no surprise. You like me and many of the regular viewers here knew things weren't going to call it down the stretch if it went down to the wire, and that is what happened.

There is a lot of love for Pop for his legacy not just this series or one or two games. He's built a dynasty and is all about team ball. He doesn't care about what Stern and his cronies think. I greatly respect him for this.
    All coaches make mistakes including the great Phil Jackson. Of course this is just one element of many others, but it's those coaches that cut down on those mistakes over the years that have the lasting impact the likes of Jackson and Pop.

Agreed, he is a very good coach. But you'd imagine that this would increase the scrutiny whenever he messes up, rather than help deflect from it. Instead of focusing on his decision making, we can expect more on how his surly responses to journalists are so amusing. A bit of consistency would be nice.

Not the same thing guys!

Miami needed a 3 so had a team of shooters on the floor. Duncan's size and lack of pace would have created a mismatch for Miami likely leaving a shooter free. You need quicker players on the floor on these situations.

The Vogel thing was about protecting the rim whilst 1 point up and taking a shot blocker and rim protector off the floor.

No-one could really have envisaged the 2nd chance rebounds and 3's.

The real mistake? Not fouling Bosh when he grabbed the board before passing to Allen. That way Bosh goes to the line for 2 free throws and you can sub in Duncan for the rebound off the deliberately missed 2nd free throw. But that's on the players not Pop.

Is Parker not injured? Though that was why he was kept on the bench at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Why did the Spurs D let Bosh dish to Allen? Why not foul Bosh? Up 3 and give up 2 free throws at the end. Game won.

Advertisement