Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

killwill wrote: »
    Why did the Spurs D let Bosh dish to Allen? Why not foul Bosh? Up 3 and give up 2 free throws at the end. Game won.

Think I might have mentioned that previously............

The real mistake? Not fouling Bosh when he grabbed the board before passing to Allen. That way Bosh goes to the line for 2 free throws and you can sub in Duncan for the rebound off the deliberately missed 2nd free throw. But that's on the players not Pop.

:rolleyes:

Jaysus..................didn't see this (the 2nd in this clip) angle on the Bosh "block" Green 3 attempt last night. Ah come on Refs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Not the same thing guys!

Miami needed a 3 so had a team of shooters on the floor. Duncan's size and lack of pace would have created a mismatch for Miami likely leaving a shooter free. You need quicker players on the floor on these situations.

The Vogel thing was about protecting the rim whilst 1 point up and taking a shot blocker and rim protector off the floor.

No-one could really have envisaged the 2nd chance rebounds and 3's.

The real mistake? Not fouling Bosh when he grabbed the board before passing to Allen. That way Bosh goes to the line for 2 free throws and you can sub in Duncan for the rebound off the deliberately missed 2nd free throw. But that's on the players not Pop.

It's easy enough to envisage when you've sacrificed your best rebounder for the marginal upgrade in speed of Boris Diaw, that's the problem. Not to totally be adding insult to injury on Pop but he also said post game that not fouling was deliberate as they rely on their defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Think I might have mentioned that previously............

My apologies for sharing a similar opinion to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Pathetic 'fans' got what they deserve.

Also Chris Bosh told the fans who left early to stay home for game 7 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Might seem like a silly question, but why are none of these finals scheduled for a weekend?

Is it to do with the hockey and baseball?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Madworld wrote: »
    Might seem like a silly question, but why are none of these finals scheduled for a weekend?

Is it to do with the hockey and baseball?
    No, sports in America isn't really a weekend thing like here, except for football! The fans will always go no matter what day and people will watch it on TV!

killwill wrote: »
    My apologies for sharing a similar opinion to you

Way to completely miss the point.

Way to completely miss the point.

Care to ellaborate? I thought the use of a rolleyes made it quite obvious no?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Lads keep it calm. This time tomorrow the biggest game of the season will be nearing tip off. I really don't wanna have to ban anyone

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

Jaysus..................didn't see this (the 2nd in this clip) angle on the Bosh "block" Green 3 attempt last night. Ah come on Refs!!!!!

that was urggghhh..:mad::eek:..ref are you crosseyed or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Hope Green and Ginobili turn up for game 7 or I fear Heat will win it.

Reggie's three points record for the playoffs will be safe if Green plays like he did in game 6.

Found this online.
    935916_10151662954411100_615605899_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Can.......not.........wait........for...........tonight!!!

I wonder will we actually see a smile from Pop and Kawhi when they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I just can't see past the Heat tonight in a game seven on their home court. Please, please, please make me be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭El Gato

After game 6, I believe the Heat can win it all. Has been a great finals, tonight should (I hope) be epic!

Don't really mind who wins. I'm a big LeBron fan but would be nice to see Duncan win one more.

All I'm really hoping for is that this doesn't end in a blowout. Which it very well could, falling well short of the hype. I'll be glued to my screen anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Heat will win big tonight. 10+.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I've said it since the start and even after SA went 3-2 up, I think the Heat are winning this. Tbh I don't care who wins now though. Let's just forget about the individual storylines, past rivalries, the form book etc. It's game 7 of the best finals in recent years; tonight I just wanna sit back and enjoy some great basketball. Whoever wins this, deserves it. No qualms from me either way. I just hope there's no controversies or anything to taint it.

• Advertisement

Even with the blow-outs it has been a hard fought finals and one of the best in recent years.

Both teams deserve to win the title, but unfortunately there can be only one winner.

Whoever wins, I hope it will be a hard contested clean game.

Go Heat! :D

I wish I could be neutral and just enjoy it as a game 7 finals instead of being at the edge of my seat for 2 and a half hours. That's the joy of sports though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

How many of ye are staying up. I'm up for work at 8 so planning to get up at 7 to watch before I head in, live to watch live but I'd be like a zombie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

stuchyg wrote: »
    How many of ye are staying up. I'm up for work at 8 so planning to get up at 7 to watch before I head in, live to watch live but I'd be like a zombie

Im mulling my decision, watch a crappy stream live, or download it in the morning and watch it in hd, avoiding twitter and anywhere else that would spoil the result. I was going to buy the game on league pass, which I have done for some big games this year(Knicks v Celtics and Heat v Indiana) but the NBA website have hiked up the price for this game to purchase it as a single game... If someone had a quality stream I'll stay up, otherwise it'll be the morning for me.

If there was a quality stream source I would stay up, but haven't found one yet.

I also prefer the commentary included ad free morning after HD download.

Ah, to be impartial an just enjoy the game :D....I much prefer having a coronary with seconds to go :p

I will be up at 6 to watch it before everyone in the house wakes.

Staying up and hoping for a Spurs win.

Just hope the refs don't decide this with bad or no-calls.

Going asleep in a while and wake up before it. I'll be wrecked otherwise.

Watching it on http://www.coolsport.tv

Not HD quality but it's been doing me grand for months

Going asleep in a while and wake up before it. I'll be wrecked otherwise.

Watching it on http://www.coolsport.tv

Not HD quality but it's been doing me grand for months

I'm also gonna be going with the sleep now wake up later option. If this goes to overtime it could mean not getting any sleep otherwise!

Obviously we can't post direct stream links in the thread (I'll have to delete them) but I can say the above is a good site. Usually a number of links for the big games. Thank god for ESPN though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

stuchyg wrote: »

Ah where's your dedication? I stayed up til 5.30am for Game 6 the other night then got up at 6.50am for work. :p

Advertisement