Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

Can't see Heat losing this now sadly. Spurs should have won this but they missed far too many chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Sin e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

So we can all blame manu here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Good man Manu. Good man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Oh dear that was just dumb from Manu, that's not a good pass in game one of the regular season.

LeBron obviously gonna pick up Finals MVP

• Advertisement

Has someone got a fork to stick in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

tnx.

Great to see a genuine smile on Pops face at the end

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Special moment with Pop there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 seva42413

is it finished already?

• Advertisement

LeBron is the man!

kmart6 wrote: »
    That shot was 2 quarters ago, you can't say it decided it, the same could be said about the first Miami basket of the game if your using that logic!

Miami can thank Frank Vogel for winning this ring. If he didn't sub out Hibbert in the last play of Game 1 Indiana would have won 4-2 :pac:

Nike has already released this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Carroller wrote: »
    So we can all blame manu here?

I think it was a collective effort from himself and Danny Green, who's shot abandoned him and looked like every double team on him was a turnover. What I thought was really crazy was how easy Miami's shots were in comparison to Spurs, who had to pull of some insane moves for their points.

Kawhi Leonard is who I really feel bad for, he worked his ass off and had an excellent series.

I don't hate LeBron, the chap is a monster, I really didn't want the Heat to win back to back though. Damn.

Yeah Green showed why he was cut by a bad Cavs team a couple of years ago. He can't put it on the ground to save his life.

My favorite tweet of the night!
    Leigh Ellis ‏@LeighEllis 54s
    Can't wait till Chris Andersen visits the White House next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah Green showed why he was cut by a bad Cavs team a couple of years ago. He can't put it on the ground to save his life.
    Amazing how one game can swing everyone's opinion on him!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I think it was a collective effort from himself and Danny Green, who's shot abandoned him and looked like every double team on him was a turnover. What I thought was really crazy was how easy Miami's shots were in comparison to Spurs, who had to pull of some insane moves for their points.

Kawhi Leonard is who I really feel bad for, he worked his ass off and had an excellent series.

I don't hate LeBron, the chap is a monster, I really didn't want the Heat to win back to back though. Damn.

I hope Kawhi's confidence isn't shattered because at the end of the day if he made that 1 free throw the other night we wouldn't be here watching the game. Can't stop thinking about that since it happened.

Happy to see Birdman win a championship. He gives some effort and energy.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Amazing how one game can swing everyone's opinion on him!

In fairness I can't recall him doing anything special outside of those 20+ 3 pointers. Once Miami decided to deal with him he was a non factor.

Did Lebron just say " I aint meant to be here"?

• Advertisement

And fuuu Battier. Doesn't get minutes for 2 games of the series and then comes out like that tonight.

My favorite tweet of the night!

I don't know much about the birdman. He seems stand up. Does he have a bad history?

buyer95 wrote: »
    Did Lebron just say " I aint meant to be here"?

Yeah. Rough neighbourhood and all that ****e. He basically repeated what he said in an interview earlier today.

I hope Kawhi's confidence isn't shattered because at the end of the day if he made that 1 free throw the other night we wouldn't be here watching the game. Can't stop thinking about that since it happened.

Happy to see Birdman win a championship. He gives some effort and energy.

Ginobili and Parker both missed a free throw each in the 4th quarter as well. Leonard has only shot 67% in playoffs anyway, Ginobili's and Parker's misses were just as costly. I know what your saying though, if he had just made his 2 ft's then the Spurs would be champs.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Ginobili and Parker both missed a free throw each in the 4th quarter as well. Leonard has only shot 67% in playoffs anyway, Ginobili's and Parker's misses were just as costly. I know what your saying though, if he had just made his 2 ft's then the Spurs would be champs.

Yeah it would have put them up 4 and Rays 3 would have meant nothing.
    No point thinking about it now it's done and dusted. Time to watch post game interviews.

Box out kid wormed his way into the team photos again this year I see. Should be a great final TBJ episode of the season tomorrow!

'Reports of my demise were premature' - Shane Battier

That's why you were sat for 2 games you ****. One good game doesn't make you terrific or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I really don't understand how people can try and put the blame or reason why the Spurs lost on on a few isolated plays or even blame an individual player. It is illogical and irrational.
    How about it was an intensely fought series by two great teams that came Down to the wire and out of the however many of 200 mins or so of basketball it came down to the last minute of play.
    All credit to Miami and especially LeBron for closing it out, plus a lot of credit to the Spurs for making this a great finals, they have proven themselves to be one of the greatest teams ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Incredible series, really made me love the game!

All credit to both teams - the Spurs showed they still have it and Lebron proved that he deserves to be called one of the all-time greats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Damn you Paul Collins and Today FM. I was planning on watching the game today after work but Paul Collins had to ruin it by reading out the results on the sports news. The one and only time NBA gets mentioned gets this year and I bloody hear it!!!

He could have given a spoiler warning as lots of people would have planned to watch it later today!

Advertisement