Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's called marketing.
    I'm well aware of that, it is my job! I pointed it out for the fact Kobe said he didn't know about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Kobe Bryant is a disease, yea he is all for winning but zero for team play.

Hmmm. Yeah. OK. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Atlanta are definitely in with a shout in this one, they just have to stop constanstly turning it over

Voice of a fricking angel.....

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paul George dominating here. On course for a triple double.

Been a fairly poor game, not that I expected much tbf.

• Advertisement

I was wrong, Indiana now dominating, Josh chucking up 3s, Atlanta never changes...

Atlanta just aren't going away!

Fcuk sake Kevin don't tell me to go back to the main channel cause the tennis is over and leave me watching ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Kobe Bryant is a disease, yea he is all for winning but zero for team play.
    WOW

Apart from the fact that you are completely incorrect about Kobes level of selfishness, calling someone a disease is a tad harsh.

He also equaled his career best of 6 assists per game this ear which is a very god number for a shooting guard

What I would say if I was there right now? "Pau get ur ass on the block and don't move till u get it" #realtalk
    Kobe on twitter.

Thats where the advantage is, Kobe speaking the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pacers looked aggressive in game 1. Made the Hawks settle for long jumpshots and got to the line a lot.

They should see off the Hawks in 5 or 6 but the rest of their playoff run will depend on how well Paul George plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Denver GSW Series is over if Lee is out. Shame for GSW.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lakers have thrown their chance in this game away. What a crazy last few minutes of the 3rd from them.

Paully D wrote: »
    Lakers have thrown their chance in this game away. What a crazy last few minutes of the 3rd from them.
    Bizarre shot selection from Blake,stupid foul by Howard and letting Ginobli shot open 3s?

Go home Lakers, you're drunk

Looks like it's gonna be 6-0 to the home teams so far.

Who will be the first to win away from home. Houston tonight is my guess.

Fcuk sake Pau!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

buyer95 wrote: »
    Your trolling is a disease, Kobe is on the the greats.

How is it trolling ? Obviously Kobe is "on the the greats" as you say but this whole love affair people buy into with him through the media is pathetic. One of the most selfish players ever to play the game and has never made the players around him better like Jordan did, he has caused so much disruption through all the teams he has been on through the years, getting players traded, no respect for coaches.
    Just keep on listening to espn for your opinions :rolleyes:

How is it trolling ? Obviously Kobe is "on the the greats" as you say but this whole love affair people buy into with him through the media is pathetic. One of the most selfish players ever to play the game and has never made the players around him better like Jordan did, he has caused so much disruption through all the teams he has been on through the years, getting players traded, no respect for coaches.
    You're right I'm sure DJ Mbenga would have his rings without Kobe :rolleyes:

Felexicon wrote: »
    You're right I'm sure DJ Mbenga would have his rings without Kobe :rolleyes:

That's not a valid point at all, just an uninformed soundbite

All your points are just media talk too.

• Advertisement

How many rings does Stockton have? He was completely unselfish and played with another of the greats in Malone. Kobe did what he had to do to win, and like someone else on here pointed out, his assist stats arnt even that bad.

That's not a valid point at all, just an uninformed soundbite
    As was your post. If you wish to point to exact instances f what you claim( getting players traded etc) I'll happily discuss them with you. But to say Kobe hasn't made players around him better is nonsense. Just by Kobe being on the floor other players perform to a better standard because Kobe demands so much attention from the opposition defense

As was your post. If you wish to point to exact instances f what you claim( getting players traded etc) I'll happily discuss them with you. But to say Kobe hasn't made players around him better is nonsense. Just by Kobe being on the floor other players perform to a better standard because Kobe demands so much attention from the opposition defense

Shaq is the obvious one, after he came and won 3 rings Kobe forced him out, then he had to wait for Gasol to do it again.
    He used to talk on his phone while Phil was trying to give pre game talks.
    He is a great player no doubt but the love affair is cringing.

Shaq is the obvious one, after he came and won 3 rings Kobe forced him out, then he had to wait for Gasol to do it again.
    He used to talk on his phone while Phil was trying to give pre game talks.
    He is a great player no doubt but the love affair is cringing.
    Well Shaq and Kobe were never going to co-exist. Yes Kobe as very vocal about "wanting his time" but it was the organisation that that made the decision based on the way the rules in the league were changing to favour guards at the time. In the end it turned out to be the correct decision.

As for him being on the phone, you'll need to give me a link because I've not heard that.

I really don't see where the love affair bit is coming from. If you look through the regular season thread you'll see myself and other Laker and non Laker fans giving out about Kobe at various stages.

It's a weird response for you to have to a fluff advertisment from Nike tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Go Bucks!

Well Shaq and Kobe were never going to co-exist. Yes Kobe as very vocal about "wanting his time" but it was the organisation that that made the decision based on the way the rules in the league were changing to favour guards at the time. In the end it turned out to be the correct decision.

As for him being on the phone, you'll need to give me a link because I've not heard that.

I really don't see where the love affair bit is coming from. If you look through the regular season thread you'll see myself and other Laker and non Laker fans giving out about Kobe at various stages.

It's a weird response for you to have to a fluff advertisment from Nike tbh

Well disease was not meant to be taken literally.
    I will just never understand why people look past some of the major flaws he has shown, not to even mention those things that are outside basketball, some role model alright.

buyer95 wrote: »
    How many rings does Stockton have? He was completely unselfish and played with another of the greats in Malone. Kobe did what he had to do to win, and like someone else on here pointed out, his assist stats arnt even that bad.

You can't base everything on stats.
    As for Stockton, do you think players like this would change the legacy of how they played the game all for a ring ?

Well disease was not meant to be taken literally.
    I will just never understand why people look past some of the major flaws he has shown, not to even mention those things that are outside basketball, some role model alright.
    But you're not putting forward examples of these major flaws.

No body here has ever mentioned him as a role model so not sure where that's coming from.

Which players do you think should be held in higher standing than Kobe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

• Advertisement

You can't base everything on stats.
    As for Stockton, do you think players like this would change the legacy of how they played the game all for a ring ?

In a word yes, you do what you have to do for your team to win, you adapt your game to the situation your in, which is what Kobe did. Im not bashing Stockton he was an unbelievable player. Kobe simply could not have 5 championships if he wasnt a team player. As M.J himself said
    " There are plenty of teams in every sport that have great players and
    never win titles. Most of the time, those players aren't willing to
    sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The funny thing is, in
    the end, their unwillingness to sacrifice only makes individual
    goals more difficult to achieve. One thing I believe to the fullest
    is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades
    will take care of themselves. Talent wins games, but teamwork and
    intelligence win championships
    .”
    Kobe is motivated by winning, not individual stats, those stats are a bi-product of his refusal to ever give up.But he needed his teamates to win, just look how many times Fisher made game winning shots for the lakers when Kobe was at the helm of the team. Listen I've often critised him on this website, just look back to the regular season to see that. Its just your initiall comment really rankled with me. But I saw how he willed this team into the playoffs, often even refusing to sit during games, his passion was awe inspiring. He is a living legend, and I really felt for him when he went down with that ACL injury, it just seemed so unjust, after all he had done for the team to get them into the playoffs.

Advertisement