Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Super game from Noah considering he's playing through pain. Bulls brought the intensity and locked down on defensive tonight. Good win.

Clippers - Grizzlies, Game 2 up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

BOOM! Noah is such a warrior.

Great adjustments from Thibs, blocked up the paint by dropping defenders off Wallace and Evans.

See you in Chicago!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Feel a bit sorry for the Grizzlies. They're playing hard but they just don't have enough fire power to beat this Clippers team. IMO, a Rudy Gay would be useful right about now. Running at the Clippers pace isn't going to work out well. Z-Bo has been really poor so far this series too which isn't helping.

Game tied with 1.37 to go, some comeback from the Grizzlies. Thought they were gonna be blown out at times earlier in the game.

Oh my goodness, CP3!!! Clutch once again at the death! Tony Allen did everything perfectly defensively too.

cp3wins_medium.gif

Clippers are 2-0 heading to Memphis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Great game, flippers struggled to put them away but all credit to Memphis they are a tough team, would not surprise me if this went all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Paully D wrote: »
    Massive game for the Bulls in terms of the series tonight. Unfortunately I won't get to watch the game but I'm hoping to wake up to see the series tied!
    Time to wake up Paully and have a great start to your day!

• Advertisement

Game about to start. Must win for Chicago.
    Game 2 of any series is never a must win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Lower seed needs to take one of the first two though really, and they didn't take the first so…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

kmart6 wrote: »
    Winning game 2 for a lower seed actually means they have gained home court advantage for the series, so I would say every game 2 is must win. Actually in the playoffs every game is must win

Why do you have such an issue with Dublin Red Devil by the way? Anytime in posts in this forum you have a childish response for him.

After grimacing in pain for much of the night, great shot of Noah leaving the court.

JN42313.jpg

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Oh my goodness, CP3!!! Clutch once again at the death! Tony Allen did everything perfectly defensively too.

cp3wins_medium.gif

I watched the last few mins of this today, great play by Chris Paul, but the Clippers were going to him every time to close out the game. The Grizzlies have to realise this, and in the winning shot above, I think Conley should've come over to help. Make someone else beat you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Connor Hanley

padraig_f wrote: »
    I watched the last few mins of this today, great play by Chris Paul, but the Clippers were going to him every time to close out the game. The Grizzlies have to realise this, and in the winning shot above, I think Conley should've come over to help. Make someone else beat you.

i love Chris Paul the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Well done to Paul George for deservedly winning MIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

And Chris Paul is too much of a flopper to make him likeable for me.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Feel a bit sorry for the Grizzlies. They're playing hard but they just don't have enough fire power to beat this Clippers team. IMO, a Rudy Gay would be useful right about now. Running at the Clippers pace isn't going to work out well. Z-Bo has been really poor so far this series too which isn't helping.

Game tied with 1.37 to go, some comeback from the Grizzlies. Thought they were gonna be blown out at times earlier in the game.

cp3wins_medium.gif

Clippers are 2-0 heading to Memphis.
    That little hesitation move is a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just have this feeling in my bones that the C's are going to win tonight.....

Even earring my Celtics pyjama bottoms for good luck.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Ofcourse it was a must win games for The Bull. They now have the next 3 games at home and the will go into the 1st of those (Game 3) with the momentum and confidence of having beaten Brooklyn in their own back yard.

The series may be level on the score sheet but in every other way it's advantage Chicago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Stephen A. on D'Antoni vs Kobe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Just have this feeling in my bones that the C's are going to win tonight.....

Even earring my Celtics pyjama bottoms for good luck.:)

I don't see it, Jeff Green isn't going to give the Celtics those kind of points too often, while Chandler should be healthier today.JR should be in inspired form after winning the 6th man,while Prigioni is back. You might laugh, but he helps the Knicks offensive flow massively, I've watched a lot of him this year and he is a really good passer, who is almost too unselfish for his own good, but it's a big plus having him back.Neither team played well in the first game, but we dug it out. I think the knicks in top gear is better than the celtics in top gear. Avery Bradley just isn't a a point guard, he was throwing the ball away on Sunday, and wasn't finding Garnett enough. Pierce should have been trying to find Green who was in the zone in the 1st half, but Paul played hero ball for most of the 2nd half and had 6 T/O'S.

Ofcourse it was a must win games for The Bull. They now have the next 3 games at home and the will go into the 1st of those (Game 3) with the momentum and confidence of having beaten Brooklyn in their own back yard.

You might want to learn how the Playoff schedule works!

Edit: The fact you actually thought that Chicago had the next 3 games at home would have made it even less of a must win game!

You might want to learn how the Playoff schedule works!

Edit: The fact you actually thought that Chicago had the next 3 games at home would have made it even less of a must win game!

Read my post above to see why winning game 2 is hugely important for the lower seed

• Advertisement

Like you said every game is a must win, not just game 2, yeah home court is an advantage but will still go back to the top seeds courtbone way or another!

Like you said every game is a must win, not just game 2, yeah home court is an advantage but will still go back to the top seeds courtbone way or another!
    Yes but it means the lower seed only needs to win it's home games.
    You said game 2 was never must win but are now changing your tune.

Look I'd rather not have this kind of nit-picking in what is a fairly small forum but if you're going to throw it out you'll get it back. There's no need to always have a go at one poster for the smallest mistake

If only it was so simple as to all they hsve to do is win their home games! Game 2 2010, lower seed won didn't mean they won the series, could go back further for other examples but not really bothered! End of the day saying last night was a must win for Chicago was a bit much! 1-0 down knowing your going home for 2 games means it would be preferable to win but not the absolute end of the world if you don't!

It's not picking on a poster, just happens that a lot of his posts warrant responses, and in some cases corrections!

If only it was so simple as to all they hsve to do is win their home games! Game 2 2010, lower seed won didn't mean they won the series, could go back further for other examples but not really bothered! End of the day saying last night was a must win for Chicago was a bit much! 1-0 down knowing your going home for 2 games means it would be preferable to win but not the absolute end of the world if you don't!

It's not picking on a poster, just happens that a lot of his posts warrant responses, and in some cases corrections!
    Nobody said it guaranteed a series win.
    Maybe it was a bit much to you but in his opinion it was must win for team he follows. That's his opinion.

I know you're probably thinking "but hey felex this a discussion thread and I got the right to put my point across" and of course you do but I think it can be done a better way than you seem to do it.

Instead of simply saying " Game 2 is never must win" you could have put across a valid arguement as to why you feel the way you do

Confused?

Let me show you.

I don't think it's a must win tonight as after tonight they go to Chicago for two games and if they can win those they'll have the momentum going into the final 3 games and as this is somewhat unknown territory for this Nets team they may feel more pressure with the series on the line while the Bulls group have been through alot together and will be able to draw on that while also having a superior coach guiding the ship in what should be tight games

Yeah...or I'll just post what and how I want! And you can stop trying to tell me how to post!

He follows the Pacers btw!

Yeah...or I'll just post what and how THE MODS ALLOW ME TO! And you can stop trying to tell me how to post!

He follows the Pacers btw!
    Another well thought out post.

But hey it was just a suggestion

Also FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

I'm pretty sure the stat is something close to 90% of teams which win the 1st 2 games, goes on to win the series. It's not impossible, but nearly always if a team has genuine ambitions of causing an upset, they have to split the opening home stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone see the tech called on Lebron there at the end of the first? What a joke of a call, they will call one on almost anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,379 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

JR Smith is kinda incredible.

Celtics panicked in the last minute of the quarter and go from 2 up to 6 down in the blink of an eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

All 4 of his shots in that quarter were something else. The shot difficulty got harder with each of his attempts. And you just knew he was going to make the 35+ footer

Advertisement