Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Good second quarter by the Celtics.Green and Garnett on 3 fouls at the half
    isn't good for the Celtics. I reckon the Knicks will turn it around unfortunately for
    us Celtic fans

Heat are killing the Bucks in the 4th after a close opening 3 quarters!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Someone shoot that woman at the Miami game

52705a7e302f7351b59530edcabd8790.png?1366767060

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

F.J. wrote: »
    Heat are killing the Bucks in the 4th after a close opening 3 quarters!

Heat + 4th quarter = pain for opposition.

______

Meanwhile, the Knicks have blitzed the Celtics in the second half, but the 3rd quarter once again namely. Celtics can’t even break 80 for the second game in a row. Slightly better than Game 1, 23 points in the second half and no field goal for the final minutes lol.

Knicks lead 2-0 going into Boston :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

WARRRIORS

Brilliant game by the Warriors, they shot the ball so well. Barnes was immense in the fourth.
    I will sleep well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Felexicon wrote: »
    Another well thought out post.

But hey it was just a suggestion

Also FYP
    Wow aren't you just precious! My post was short because I was in bed going asleep, but also because I will post in my style and not how you try and dictate or tell me to! None of my posts fall outside of the rules for posting, if you think they do, report them to the mods!

Great performance by the Warriors last night, a lot of guys stepped up for them, could be even more of a surprise if they pull off the series win now.

Kmart was a monster for the Knicks, the chance they took with him is really paying off, if he can keep it up with Chandler struggling it'll be huge for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Nobody said it guaranteed a series win.
    Maybe it was a bit much to you but in his opinion it was must win for team he follows. That's his opinion.

I know you're probably thinking "but hey felex this a discussion thread and I got the right to put my point across" and of course you do but I think it can be done a better way than you seem to do it.

Instead of simply saying " Game 2 is never must win" you could have put across a valid arguement as to why you feel the way you do

Confused?

Let me show you.

I don't think it's a must win tonight as after tonight they go to Chicago for two games and if they can win those they'll have the momentum going into the final 3 games and as this is somewhat unknown territory for this Nets team they may feel more pressure with the series on the line while the Bulls group have been through alot together and will be able to draw on that while also having a superior coach guiding the ship in what should be tight games

FYI to everyone this is backseat modding and won't be tolerated again. You have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bad loss for the Celtics last night. In the last 2 games they have posted playoff lows for points in a quarter and points in a half, which has "tiredness" written all over it. I said this would only go 6 with NY winning, not I'm thinking it could be a 4 or 5 game series. :( Also shattered today from staying up and watching it.

Great win for the Warriors, really didn't see that coming without Lee.

On the Bulls-Nets series, someone posted here that the Bulls haven't either lost or won 4 straight all year, so likely this one has some twists and turns yet, but I can't see the Bulls losing the series.

• Advertisement

The genius that i am recorded the knicks - celtics game before i went to bed last night and then turned off the sky box :mad: At least i dont have try and avoid the score all day now though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Nuggets should hang their heads in shame for allowing 131 points in a playoff game.

Word from David Aldridge (usually very reliable) is that Cleveland are close to re-hiring Mike Brown. Makes no sense to me and can't see how this would entice LeBron to want to return to Cleveland.

On Denver giving up 131 - they're a run and gun team, crazy scores like this were always likely in a matchup against another run and gun team like GSW. I wouldn't rule out a higher points total by eitehr team in the remaining games in this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

On Denver giving up 131 - they're a run and gun team, crazy scores like this were always likely in a matchup against another run and gun team like GSW. I wouldn't rule out a higher points total by eitehr team in the remaining games in this series.

Sure, in the regular season that score would not surprise, but in the playoffs teams are expected to play some defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

****ing state of the nuggets. Annual first round exit out of the playoffs happening again with "the best team in franchise history" against a hobbled 6 seed. Joke of a team.

BQQ wrote: »
    Sure, in the regular season that score would not surprise, but in the playoffs teams are expected to play some defence.

I hear what you're saying on one level, but Denver really only have one way of playing and especially so at home where they play the altitude factor as well (with their athletes more conditioned to the conditions than road teams). It's very hard to change what made you succesful all year long because it's now the Playoffs.

I did post on this a few weeks ago where I said if they faced GSW they had a good chance of progressing because both teams will run and gun; but the 2nd round will cause them problems aginst better organised defences.

I'd also only hold this logic for this pairing as pretty much everyone else will have a higher focus on D in their respective series. But, like I said, don't rule out 131 being beaten. Jeez, I remember the days when 131 wasn't particularly high-scoring for an NBA play off game!

What does an old vid of Uncle Drew aka Kyrie as well as Kevin love have to do with the Playoff thread :confused:

Watched a lot of Denver games in Denver this season and that was arguably the most impressive win up there from the few that have won up there. Was shocked they didn't double down on Curry, who was a man on a mission last night along with Thompson, Bogut, Barnes and co (Jack started last night in place of Lee) to be fair. They doubled down on him early in Game 1 and he found it hard to get a rhythm.

Faried really needs to get his game sharpness back for the Nuggets, looked awfully rusty.

The shooting % overall was quite insane, anyone who saw the game especially the first three quarters (I fell asleep midway through the fourth).

Interesting couple of games coming up in Oakland.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    What does an old vid of Uncle Drew aka Kyrie as well as Kevin love have to do with the Playoff thread :confused:

Thought the exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Didn't see the game, but that Warriors box-score is insane. 65% shooting, when they had 25 three-point attempts.

"Warriors shot 64.6% from field, best by any team in a playoff game since the Jazz shot 65.1% in a win over the Suns in 1991"
    - @ESPNStatsInfo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Hopefully I'll get to be cheering like this tonight.

ku-xlarge.gif

Can't really see it though

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Thought the exact same thing!
    You try and defend somebody and then they turn the thread into a Pepsi commercial

Ah well

Fúck it I'll make it a hat-trick of posts.

proxy.jpg?t=HBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2NsN3p2by5qcGcUsAQUrAIAFgASAA&s=jxOxw6dthLoL5D09XTLxUkHEt8T4dW0EQVJ3EbSZCpQ

Congratulations J.R Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Hopefully I'll get to be cheering like this tonight.

ku-xlarge.gif

Can't really see it though

Hopefully you won't be wearing sunglasses inside, watching a match.

Hopefully you won't be wearing sunglasses inside, watching a match.
    Pah, you clearly don't know how to watch basketball as a Laker fan these days

Some of the hate elsewhere for Smith being awarded 6MOTY is hilarious I just wanted to say. Commentary during the Clippers - Grizzlies game the other night deserves a special mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Oh cool, Thunder-Rockets on at 12 tonight, I didn't see any of the first game with the late start time.

Noah got the bball breakdown treatment yesterday:

Bill Simmons keeps ripping the Bulls for letting Asik go, but centers aren't interchangeable, and I thought Thibs made an interesting comment recently, something to the effect of:

"The great thing about Noah and Gibson is that when your opponent goes small, you can leave them out there and beat them on the boards."

Which is not true of your traditional lumbering 7-foot center. And with Miami, moving to a small lineup, I'm not sure how much you could play Asik against them. I like Asik, but I think the criticism of the Bulls for letting him go is a bit misplaced. I notice he only played 27 mins in game 1 against the Thunder, and they have the similar-sized Perkins who doesn't cause him any mismatch problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

I had a feeling I knew who would have posted this, had a look and lo and behold I was correct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Westbrook with 2 early fouls not how OKC would like to have started!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Insanely good quarter.

Advertisement