Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Awful scrappy 2nd so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Looks like a harsh technical on Smith there!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I say this every OKC game (on Twitter) but Perkins pisses me of greatly.

Entertaining half!Seems like the Rockets have missed a lot of 3s but they have one less attempt than OKC and one less make!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Tie game with 5 minutes to go, great fight from the Rockets, could've quit when they went down 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Meanwhile, the Pacers are quietly ticking away in their series, and should prove quite the stumbling block for the Knicks in their persuit for the ECF.

Love watching Kawhi for the Spurs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Meanwhile, the Pacers are quietly ticking away in their series, and should prove quite the stumbling block for the Knicks in their persuit for the ECF.

You got that right mate. Nice highlight dunk from Green.

So, the Lakers lost again..

Looked alright early doors from what I saw is all I can say. Actually, Blake injured now from what I hear as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    So, the Lakers lost again..

Looked alright early doors from what I saw is all I can say. Actually, Blake injured now from what I hear as well.

They didn't play too badly, it's just that the Spurs are a well oiled machine at this stage and the Lakers are a patched up machine.
    Howard did play well until he got into foul trouble, he had the right mind frame though, refs gave were not giving him any love.
    Nash can barely move out there at times, he is physically limping and no where near his best.
    I think if they had Loves scoring ability at certain times in the game they would be able to push them closer.

• Advertisement

I'm going to change my prediction and go for The Clippers Vs Spurs in the WCF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm going to change my prediction and go for The Clippers Vs Spurs in the WCF

Wasn't impressed with the Thunder (as championship contenders) last night either. Ordinary enough Rockets team....Patrick Beverley playing in Russia last year, Lin average (and went off at half-time), Harden good, Parsons decent, but a second-round pick in his second year, Asik decent defender, non-factor on offense.

They really should be putting teams like that to the sword, but easily could've lost the game last night, were down 4 with about 3 mins to go.

Marc Gasol Officially named Defensive player of the Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Marc Gasol Officially named Defensive player of the Year.
    Yeah....yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

LeBron officially named MVP of 2011-2012 finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You got that right mate. Nice highlight dunk from Green.

Yeah nice dunk alright.

The Gerald Green that must people don't see though is the Gerald Green who chucks 3s, is never in the flow of the offense, has no basketball IQ and constantly takes bad shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Anyone watching Heat vs Bucks

Get the sweeping brushes out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Felexicon wrote: »
    Anyone watching Heat vs Bucks

Get the sweeping brushes out

Can't bring myself to... Even though as I type this the Bucks are up 21-13, I just know they'll piss it away. Bulls Nets, now that'll be a game.

Bucks up two at the half and Allen is closing in on another of Millers records

The Heat woke up for a bit in the third and fourth quarter!

The Nets are still within touching distance of the Bulls after a horrible quarter and half offensively

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    Wasn't impressed with the Thunder (as championship contenders) last night either. Ordinary enough Rockets team....Patrick Beverley playing in Russia last year, Lin average (and went off at half-time), Harden good, Parsons decent, but a second-round pick in his second year, Asik decent defender, non-factor on offense.

They really should be putting teams like that to the sword, but easily could've lost the game last night, were down 4 with about 3 mins to go.

Said it before, but this has been the case for many of the regular season games too. Whatever happens, this team if it does indeed meet Miami in the finals will not be beating them.
    F.J. wrote: »
    The Heat woke up for a bit in the third and fourth quarter!

The Nets are still within touching distance of the Bulls after a horrible quarter and half offensively

Story of Miami this season. First gear for much of the first half before turning on the afterburners in the fourth if not third quarter. Easy money when Heat lose in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Would be very surprised if Memphis lost tonight, would be a bit of a disappointment considering how good they have been this year.

Didn't look at any basketball tonight. NFL Draft was on.

Taking in the last 8 min of the 4th between LAC and Mem

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've been critical of him on here since he signed his mega-bucks deal, but Boozer is doing solid business for the Bulls this year. Not crazily spectacular or dropping stats that will bow you away type of play, but enough to get noticed and getting it done at big times in crucial parts of games.

You also have to give major credit to Thibs for how hard he has his team playing at both ends of the floor all year. Must be a dream to play for - though I'd imagine pre-season and training sessions are nightmares!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

LeBron officially named MVP of 2011-2012 finals.

:rolleyes:

Celtics Knicks and Lakers Spurs on ESPN tonight.
    Good start to the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Didn't look at any basketball tonight. NFL Draft was on.

Taking in the last 8 min of the 4th between LAC and Mem
    You watched a draft over actual sport?
    WTF?

Should be a very good night's worth of basketball for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Yeah nice dunk alright.

The Gerald Green that must people don't see though is the Gerald Green who chucks 3s, is never in the flow of the offense, has no basketball IQ and constantly takes bad shots.

Unfortunately I see that Gerald Green all the time. I'm amazed that Orlando Johnson lost his place in the rotation to Green. I know Vogel has said it's a fluid situation but Johnson has done very little wrong in his rookie season. Mahinimi is in the same boat. Pendy is good but I'd trust the French man more in a pressure situation in the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Yeah looking forward to it alright, although I think the Celtics get this one. I can't see past the spurs in the later game though.

Advertisement